PDA

View Full Version : Two points

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 20th, 2005, 09:12:51 PM
1)Has anyone seen Vek's admissions thread? It's ridiculous. There are people that aren't even part of TSO who are posting in it because they've got an irl issue with the person. I understand Tarsis' dispute but it's not his place. I want to reinstate the voting rule for admissions with the three active elders.

So in order for an applicant to be admitted, 3 out of 3 yes votes must be reached.

I know LV is busy and probably doesn't have the time to screen applications, if you're reading, just let one of us know and we'll add your vote when you think you've got the time.

2) I think we should make an application for knighthood available to the acolytes. I think it would be much better if a person can say themselves they think they've achieved knight status in their own eyes and then provide examples supporting it. Comments? Criticism?

Yurza Magus
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:07:05 PM
Well I think that you are including me in this and yes, I do agree with you on the first point. The voting should be reinstated. That whole fiasco was just uncalled for, though like you said Tarsis's points were valid it should have been brought to one of us to address.

As for the second point, I agree with it, but I think that there should be something that states that the person must have completed certain tasks before even putting their applications in.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:22:29 PM
Well in my mind that would be the Elders who vote on it. Yeah, a someone could technically apply for knighthood after a single training mission, but we'd be sure to turn it down.

Another potential problem is that since the training sessions are less regimantal, it might be hard to gauge....

Not that its a bad idea, you've definitely convinced me that we probably should have a minimum requirement. Any ideas as to how the minimum requirment should be determined?

Yurza Magus
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:34:09 PM
Well from my other experience at other boards, having like three or four training threads; two or three training missions; two or three threads outside of training just to see how the character acts with others seems to be a good idea. And then also set a time limit. Like four to six months of continous activity only so you don't get those who just leave and come back and leave and come back.

Zereth Lancer
Nov 21st, 2005, 05:05:09 PM
I Havn't read Vek's thread. The page won't load for some freakish reason so I have no idea whats going on in there.

But as for requirements for Knight hood; I like what Yurza suggested above. So, I think we should implicate a requirement system, but still we need to personaly screen them ourselves. Perhaps a applicant can put a knight hood application filled out with surtain questions for them to answer and we judge them on their answers. Then we three, and LD if she's around, can discuss the application here in the Eldars' forum and come to a conclusion weither to accept or deny the applicant.

So the application should be something like

Name:

Trainer(s):

Why should we promote you:

Requirements:
3-4 Training Threads;
2-3 Training missions;
2-3 Other Threads;
4-6 Months of activity:
Place Mark if accomplished

So, something like that, but more detailed and such.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 21st, 2005, 06:11:22 PM
Well, by screening the applications ourselves I think we should keep the above suggestion to be an ideal for the average roleplayer. Something to keep in mind is 3 out of the 4 training threads might be little 6 post threads or even a low quality thread. The screening process defintiely helps here, but there should be some fine print saying you won't be accepted into knighthood for simply meeting the numbers; quality is defintiely a factor.

I also think that perhaps we should include one or two single character threads. By that I mean where no one else posts but one character, NPC's excluded of course. I did something prior to the reset in which my character built his lightsaber or kept a journal for training.

Also, a note mentioning that training threads could occur simultaniously. Acolyte 1 could train with Knight 1 and Knight 2 at the same OOC time.

Perhaps we could offer a knighthood with honors stipulation? Give a little OOC credit to someone who happens to be real good at this Roleplaying thing? Vary rare of course.

I also think a definition of what constitutes a Training Mission or Training Thread or even what we mean by Other Threads.

EDIT: Hope you all catch this, but let's start voting with Ixion and on from there.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 21st, 2005, 06:22:01 PM
So the Application might look like this based contributions so far. I suppose I can just edit this as the discussion progresses.

Requirements:
3-4 Training Threads;
2-3 Training missions;
2-3 Other Threads;
4-6 Months of activity:

Name:

Trainer(s):

Why should we promote you:

Training Thread A thread in which an acolyte has personally trained with a Knight or Master within Sith Order grounds.

Training Threads Completed(__)
Links:

Training Mission A thread in which the acolyte has trained with both a knight and fellow acolytes outside of Sith Order grounds.
Training missions Completed(__)
Links:

Other ThreadsMay or may not include other members of the Sith Order. May or may not take place outside the Sith Order grounds/forums.
Other Threads: (__)
Links:

Months of activity: (__)

Honors (yes/no)

Zereth Lancer
Nov 21st, 2005, 10:19:26 PM
Well, I like your application form. But I'm not sure about the Honors, though. This can make people bitter and angry if another person gets honors and they do not. It may put a little friction into the order, is what I'm saying.

But I could be completely wrong and it might go over fine. But I would suggest we try it out a bit and drop it if it turns out to be a problem.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 21st, 2005, 11:03:38 PM
Yeah, that was my own personal qualm against it. It seems like it could cause problems with between the Elders and the rest of the group, which is the last thing we need. I suppose someone who works hard at it will be rewarded enough with being able to meet knight standards and such... So Yurza any thoughts on this?

Also, anyone notice that Baralai is voting on new applications? I figured it would go back to just the Elder's voting on apps. I really don't have the heart to tell him to back off cause he makes good input, he's not clouding things up. Suggestions for solving this problem?

Zereth Lancer
Nov 21st, 2005, 11:12:24 PM
I Don't think Having Baralai vote on the applicants is so bad. He's too knew a knight to make a elder, or so I think, but perhaps we could make him an honory voter, or something like that. I really like his input and I, like you, would hate to tell him that he can't vote.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 22nd, 2005, 12:59:15 AM
Yeah, his input is defintiely good and perhaps we need and extra vote to speak up in the event we all might be wrong or something. I'll let him know whats up and then clarify in the sign up thread who votes or even post it in the cit.

Actually before I do anything, Yurza any comments?

Yurza Magus
Nov 22nd, 2005, 03:41:13 PM
Just got off work, so here is my two cents.

First, the application looks good and I definitely agree that it should be made clear that just by fullfilling the requirements does not garuntee that one would get promoted.

Second, I'm against the whole honor thing for the same reasons Zereth stated.

Third, as far as Baralai, I agree with having his input. At this point I don't see the harm in letting him vote on the applications.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:02:09 PM
In which case, I'll post the application with a little paragraph explaining some of the stuff we've talked about. I may or may not get it done today, I'm hitting Thanksgiving break this week so if either of you two get some free time go ahead an post it if I haven't already.

Yurza Magus
Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:18:47 PM
I'll do it tomorrow if you haven't. I got the day off so I'll have plenty of free time.

Jorshal Vuntana
Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:21:43 PM
Eh, just did it. I was anticipating my dad to show up to take me home right about now, but he hasn't.

So while we're all looking at the posts here in the Elder's Vision, does anyone have any other business we should talk about?

Lady Vader
Nov 28th, 2005, 06:46:57 PM
Thanks for keeping up on par with the applicants, guys. I trust your judgements, so my vote in most cases won't be neccessary, unless you really feel it is absolutely needed. :)