PDA

View Full Version : Proof that movie trailers can be misleading

Darth McBain
Nov 16th, 2005, 07:29:49 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/shining.html

Looks like a nice wholesome family movie to me... :)

Jedieb
Nov 16th, 2005, 07:50:53 PM
That was HILARIOUS!!! :lol

JMK
Nov 16th, 2005, 09:47:54 PM
Bwahahaha!

Nice going Kubrick & Co.

jjwr
Nov 16th, 2005, 10:09:45 PM
I saw this some time ago and Loved it!!

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 16th, 2005, 11:24:50 PM
So who did ebaum steal that video from?

Shawn
Nov 17th, 2005, 12:51:45 AM
Google tells me this:
Robert Ryang, 25, a film editor’s assistant in Manhattan, graduated from Columbia three years ago with a double major in film studies and psychology. This week, he got an eye-opening lesson in both.

Since 2002, Mr. Ryang has worked for one of the owners of P.S. 260, a commercial postproduction house, cutting commercials for the likes of Citizens Bank, Cingular and the TriBeCa Film Festival.

A few weeks back, he said, he entered a contest for editors’ assistants sponsored by the New York chapter of the Association of Independent Creative Editors. The challenge? Take any movie and cut a new trailer for it — but in an entirely different genre. Only the sound and dialogue could be modified, not the visuals, he said.

Mr. Ryang won the contest, and about 10 days ago, he said, he sent three friends a link to a “secret site” on his company’s Web site where they could watch his entry.

One of them, Mr. Ryang said, posted it on his little-watched blog. And that was that. Until this week, when he was hit by a tsunami of Internet interest.

On Wednesday, Mr. Ryang said, his secret site got 12,000 hits. By Thursday the numbers were even higher, his film was being downloaded and linked to on countless other sites, it had cracked the top 10 most popular spoofs on www.ifilm.com, and a vice president at a major Hollywood studio had called up his office, scouting for new talent.

Darth McBain
Dec 16th, 2005, 12:34:09 PM
http://www.achristmasgory.com/

I think I like the Shining one better, but this made me laugh...