PDA

View Full Version : Geek boy....

Djinn S'jet
Nov 12th, 2005, 08:06:05 AM
I'm going to create a new character; no special abilities, no super powers, not even basic fighting skills.

The only talent he has is his unbelivable scientific understanding and skill, the guy is a super techead; otherwise he's a complete loser.

If you ignited a lightsaber infront of him he'd probably wet himself, have a nose bleed and pass out.

The guy is a geek, big time. His parents are high-level aristocrats, the father is the CEO of a massive arms company that builds ships, systems and weapons for the empire.

To the great annoyance of big daddy, the son is pro-rebel. He works with a company on Coruscant, there is no evidence that they supply weapons to the rebels but a fair number of people know and Imperial intelligence would not risk acting on the information due to the risk of loosing the father's supply (a major contributor to the Imperial fleet, taking out the son's operation would cost more trouble then it's worth, for now anyway).

So with diplomating imunity, the guy is a project leader on an R&D program developing a whole variety of technology that may assist rebel forces.

The project will need scientists, engineers, equipment technitians, test pilots/drivers/soldiers, guards/security personel (probably rebels posing as "private security") and just about anything else you think a secret Rebel R&D facility would need (doctors, secratarys, mail cart operators, photocopiers.....).

Sssshhhh, mum's the word.

Anyway, with such a character I imagine spending alot of time in the workplace but I don't really feel like RPing it out all by myself and so I'm putting in an order for help.

Please.

Pretty, pretty please.

EDIT: BTW, this is a more casul type of storyline; it's not about heroics or combat, it's more about characters, relationships, emotions, personal conflicts, humour and a good streak of technobable.