PDA

View Full Version : I thought this project was deader than Elvis

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:50:47 AM
http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Celebs/Gossip/ContentPosting.aspx?contentid=4158d17087244cac9da8 1d16381559de&show=False&number=0&showbyline=False&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc

Ben Stiller? I do like the sound of this admittedly, as long as most of the original cast shows up, not just Rick Moranis.

Shawn
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:14:11 AM
As far as I know, it is. I just read an interview where they were talking about the script they were working on (and abandoned). That quote sounds like it was taken from the same interview.

edit: http://www.infocusmag.com/05november/ramisuncut.htm
My editor is begging me to ask you three questions about “Ghostbusters 3.”

The non-existent film?

Yes. He would like to know about the non-existent film. My understanding is that it would have sent Peter, Ray and Egon to Hell.

[...]

It sort of makes me sad that I’m not gonna see that.

Yeah. There was a good structure — because some of us were in Hell, while some of us were in the real world, tracking our journey through Hell. We had new Ghostbusters and old Ghostbusters.

I’ve read that you had a next-gen cast in mind. If you were casting those roles today, who would play the younger Ghostbusters?

Well, we had Chris Farley as one of them, Ben Stiller as one of them…. It was a while ago.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:16:03 AM
What the heck, Hollywood makes a new movie for Ghostbusters, but somehow thinks that a Predator remake is a good idea???

:verymad

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:35:37 AM
Talk about conflicting stories. One has it as a project in the works, the other has it as purely fictional. I would like either Ramis or Akroyd to look into a camera and set it straight one way or the other. This print and web stuff seemingly isn't getting the job done.

Shawn
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:36:57 AM
Well, that's an interview with Ramis. And it's a week or two old. It sounds like someone read the interview, saw the part where he talked about wanting to get Stiller for the movie, and ran with it.

Jedieb
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:15:01 AM
I read that interview with Ramis a week ago as well. I think the project has been dead for awhile. But who the hell thinks Elvis is dead? Fools, the King LIVES!

Mu Satach
Nov 9th, 2005, 12:09:28 PM
Hail to the King baby!

yeah... money mongers muck up stuff all the time. It's a wonder anything good ever gets made.