Cincinnati at Baltimore
Atlanta at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota
San Diego at NY Jets
Tennessee at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City

Sunday, Late

Seattle at Arizona
Chicago at New Orleans (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY Giants at San Francisco
Pittsburgh at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington

Monday Night

Indianapolis at New England

Picks must be in by 1PM Eastern time on Sunday.

sirdizzy
Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:52:43 PM
man this week sucks picking, plus no denver came arghhh

Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Minnesota
San Diego
Tennessee
Kansas City
Seattle
Chicago
NY Giants
Pittsburgh
Washington
Indianapolis

Jedieb
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:38:26 PM
Sunday Early
WIN Carolina at Tampa Bay
Houston at Jacksonville WIN
WIN Cincinnati at Baltimore
WIN Atlanta at Miami
WIN Detroit at Minnesota
WIN San Diego at NY Jets
Tennessee at Cleveland WIN
Oakland at Kansas City WIN

Sunday Late
WIN Seattle at Arizona
WIN Chicago at New Orleans
WIN NY Giants at San Francisco
WIN Pittsburgh at Green Bay

Sunday Night
Philadelphia at Washington WIN

Monday Night
WIN Indianapolis at New England

Jedieb
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:49:37 PM
I'm picking 10 road teams. This is going to be a disaster, but I refuse to go with the fish. Baltimore is pretty tempting. They played well against the Steelers, they're at home, and the Bengals should have beaten GB by 21 last week instead of letting the Packers hang around until the end.

The Monday Night game is the biggest one we've had in awhile. I bet the ratings are the best of the season.

jjwr
Nov 4th, 2005, 05:18:02 AM
I'm hoping its another great game, the Colts have a great shot at the win but knowing what these Pats can do I just can't pick against them.

JMK
Nov 4th, 2005, 08:12:51 AM
Sunday, Early

Carolina at Tampa Bay (w)
Houston at Jacksonville (w)
Cincinnati (w) at Baltimore
Atlanta (w) at Miami
Detroit (w) at Minnesota
San Diego (w) at NY Jets
Tennessee at Cleveland (w)
Oakland at Kansas City (w)

Sunday, Late

Seattle (w) at Arizona
Chicago at New Orleans (w) (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY Giants (w) at San Francisco
Pittsburgh (w) at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington (w)

Monday Night

Indianapolis (w) at New England

Rutabaga
Nov 4th, 2005, 08:14:02 AM
Sunday, Early

Carolina at Tampa Bay (W)
Houston at Jacksonville (W)
Cincinnati (W) at Baltimore
Atlanta (W) at Miami
Detroit (W) at Minnesota
San Diego (W) at NY Jets
Tennessee at Cleveland (W)
Oakland at Kansas City (W)

Sunday, Late

Seattle (W) at Arizona
Chicago (W) at New Orleans (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY Giants (W) at San Francisco
Pittsburgh (W) at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington (W)

Monday Night

Indianapolis (W) at New England

Ryan Pode
Nov 4th, 2005, 08:36:15 AM
Sunday, Early

Carolina Win at Tampa Bay
Houston at Jacksonville Win
Cincinnati at Baltimore Win
Atlanta Win at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota Win
San Diego Win at NY Jets
Tennessee Win at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City Win

Sunday, Late

Seattle Win at Arizona
Chicago at New Orleans Win (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY Giants Win at San Francisco
Pittsburgh Win at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington Win

Monday Night

Indianapolis at New England Win

Jedieb
Nov 4th, 2005, 09:50:43 AM
A month into the season the circus show that was the Eagles training camp seemed like a distant memory. The Eagles were chugging along and in first place in the division. Sure, McNab was hurt, they'd lost the opener to Atlanta, but they were still winning. Now the Eagles can't stop anyone in the first half, McNab is hurting bad, and the rest of the division is playing solid football and challenging the Eagles. Times are tough and that's when guys stick together or they pull an Owens. First Owens said he'd probably be out a couple of weeks because of his ankle. Which surprised the Eagles medical staff because they didn't think it was that serious. Surprise, surprise, Owens and his injured ankle practiced this week and apparently Jesus once again healed Terell. So, what's a loudmouth jerk to do? Hey, how about go out of your way to take shots at your banged up QB?

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens thinks the Eagles could be undefeated at this point in the season if they had Brett Favre at quarterback.

In an exclusive interview with ESPN.com contributor Graham Bensinger, the outspoken wide receiver also said injuries to Donovan McNabb have slowed the Eagles (4-3) this season.

"If Donovan wasn't hurt our record would probably be better," Owens said Thursday night.

ESPN analyst Michael Irvin recently said the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre were the starting quarterback.

Asked for his thoughts on Irvin's comment, Owens said: "That's a good assessment, I would agree with that, just with what [Favre] brings to the table.

"A number of commentators will say he's a warrior, he's played with injuries. I feel like him being knowledgeable about the quarterback position, I feel like we'd probably be in a better situation."

Owens returned to practice Thursday after suffering a sprained ankle in the loss to Denver on Sunday. He's listed as questionable for Philadelphia's game, but told ESPN.com, "I would say I'm closer to playing than not."

McNabb has been bothered by injuries all season. He's been hampered by a sports hernia since Week 1, and also has a bruised chest and shin. McNabb missed his second straight practice Thursday with a rib injury and was downgraded to questionable.

Owens also hard harsh things to say about the Eagles for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch Oct. 23 at home against the Chargers.

"That right there just shows you the type of class and integrity that they claim not to be," said Owens, who became the sixth receiver in NFL history to reach the milestone. "They claim to be first class and the best organization. It's an embarrassment. It just shows a lack of class they have. My publicist talked to the head PR guy, and they made an excuse they didn't recognize that was coming up. But that was a blatant lie. Had it been somebody else, they probably would have popped fireworks around the stadium."

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

"I just want to be happy," he said. "If it's here, then I would love to be here; if not you got to move on. ... If there's a situation where they have a change of heart and come to their senses and pay me what I'm worth, then I'd be more than happy to be here.

"At this time I'm being honest with myself just trying to look toward the future, and I just don't see myself really being here. It's not because I don't want to be here, but I just don't foresee them doing the necessary things to keep me here."

Hey, maybe they didn't celebrate your 100th TD because you're a self centered jerk?

And it's one thing for Michael Irving to spout nonsense on ESPN, it's quite another for you to take yet another shot at your QB. As hurt as McNab is, he's still playing well. He's not on defense giving up one score after another and he's not calling 2 running plays a game. Idiot.

jjwr
Nov 4th, 2005, 10:05:11 AM
I saw it earlier but wasn't sure what to say. I love this line...

Owens, who is unhappy with his contract, said he wants to remain in Philadelphia but doesn't think that will happen.

What a joke. Wants to stay in Philly after saying all these things? Its too bad he's such a great player otherwise peoplew ould just ignore him like they do with Keyshawn.

sirdizzy
Nov 4th, 2005, 10:07:11 AM
2 running plays a game, since when did philly start calling as many as 2. I think andy reid hates mcnabb too but hes just going to call every play a pass play tell someone kills mcnabb.

Blade Bacquin
Nov 4th, 2005, 01:47:20 PM
Sunday, Early

Carolina(w) at Tampa Bay
Houston at Jacksonville(w)
Cincinnati(w) at Baltimore
Atlanta(w) at Miami
Detroit(w) at Minnesota
San Diego(w) at NY Jets
Tennessee at Cleveland(w)
Oakland at Kansas City(w)

Sunday, Late

Seattle(w) at Arizona
Chicago(w) at New Orleans (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY Giants(w) at San Francisco
Pittsburgh(w) at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia(w) at Washington

Monday Night

Indianapolis(w) at New England

Ryan Pode
Nov 4th, 2005, 07:08:54 PM
T.O in Houston, 2006.

Jedieb
Nov 4th, 2005, 09:47:00 PM
That's the dump he deserves to rot in. Did everybody hear his pathetic apology today? It doesn't matter where he plays, he's always going to cause problems. What his antics have done is cost him millions of dollars. What team is going to be foolish enough to give him the money he wants? He's stuck with the deal he's got and no one, except maybe Michael Irving, is going to feel sorry for him.

JMK
Nov 4th, 2005, 10:00:11 PM
T.O. will never stay happy for long. His need to be in the spotlight, his need to be in the headlines will ALWAYS prevail. No matter who he plays for, no matter what city he's in, there will never ever be enough attention on him. And more importantly, if EVERY play was a pass to him, it still wouldn't be enough touches for him. He's got to be the most self centered jerk on any team in any sport. He makes Meshawn look like the Pope.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2005, 08:58:48 AM
W Carolina at Tampa Bay
Houston at Jacksonville W
W Cincinnati at Baltimore
W Atlanta at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota W
W San Diego at NY Jets
W Tennessee at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City W

Sunday, Late

W Seattle at Arizona
W Chicago at New Orleans (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
W NY Giants at San Francisco
W Pittsburgh at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington W

Monday Night

Indianapolis at New England W

Rutabaga
Nov 5th, 2005, 09:40:38 AM
As a die-hard Niners fan, I wept tears of unadulterated joy when they traded Terrell Owens. Yes, he is a fine football player, but he's a complete (@*$)_!*# (don't wanna get a yellow triangle thingie put on this thread, doncha know ;)). It was a painful irony seeing him play on a team that for years had one of the classiest players ever, Jerry Rice. TO could take some lessons from Rice, that's for sure.

Seems like the fans in Philly don't always appreciate his antics either. What was the game a couple of weeks ago when he pulled out his towel and made like a waiter, like dinner is served? The Chargers game, right? Well, not only did the play-by-play announcers on TV rip him a new one for being such a butthole (does that earn a yellow triangle thingy? ;)), there was booing in the stands.

The Eagles need to throw him out on his butt and show him that he's not indispensible, and that his behavior is completely pathetic and unacceptable. Houston does sound like a good place for him. But he'd also be right at home on the Raiders. And that is NOT a compliment, believe me.

:spank

Ryan Pode
Nov 5th, 2005, 12:53:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlrQ6dP4bPMHAKHBMahzYF1DubYF?slug=eagles owens&prov=st&type=lgns

And he's gone.

Rutabaga
Nov 5th, 2005, 01:53:57 PM
Serves him right. :verymad :verymad :verymad

Now, I guess the big question is...will he learn from this and quit running his mouth?

Personally, I doubt it.

Jedieb
Nov 5th, 2005, 03:51:06 PM
Open Mouth, Insert Bench

That's the headline at ESPN.com. Brilliant. :lol

JMK
Nov 5th, 2005, 04:22:23 PM
He'll clam up for now, but explode as soon as he gets the chance.

Lance Casey
Nov 5th, 2005, 06:31:57 PM
Sunday, Early

Carolina(w) at Tampa Bay
Houston at Jacksonville(w)
Cincinnati(w) at Baltimore
Atlanta(w) at Miami
Detroit(w) at Minnesota
San Diego(w) at NY Jets
Tennessee at Cleveland(w)
Oakland(w) at Kansas City

Sunday, Late

Seattle(w) at Arizona
Chicago(w) at New Orleans (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY Giants(w) at San Francisco
Pittsburgh(w) at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington(w)

Monday Night

Indianapolis(w) at New England

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2005, 11:01:38 PM
It was the correct decision they had to do something.

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 5th, 2005, 11:36:02 PM
Sunday, Early

Atlanta (W) at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota (W)
San Diego (W) at NY Jets

Sunday, Late

Seattle (W) at Arizona

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2005, 04:03:59 AM
Carolina at Tampa Bay WIN
Houston at Jacksonville WIN
Cincinnati WIN at Baltimore
Atlanta WIN at Miami
Detroit WINat Minnesota
San Diego WINat NY Jets
Tennessee WIN at Cleveland
Oakland at Kansas City WIN

Sunday, Late

Seattle WINat Arizona
ChicagoWIN at New Orleans (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY GiantsWIN at San Francisco
PittsburghWIN at Green Bay

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington WIN

Monday Night

IndianapolisWIN at New England

edit: double checked to make sure I picked EACH GAME

jjwr
Nov 6th, 2005, 09:10:46 AM
Sunday, Early

Carolina(W) at Tampa Bay
Houston at Jacksonville(W)
Cincinnati at Baltimore(W)
Atlanta(W) at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota(W)
San Diego(W) at NY Jets
Tennessee at Cleveland(W)
Oakland at Kansas City(W)

Sunday, Late

Seattle(W) at Arizona
Chicago(W) at New Orleans (Tiger Stadium, Baton Rouge, LA)
NY Giants(W) at San Francisco
Pittsburgh at Green Bay(W)

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington(W)

Monday Night

Indianapolis at New England(W)

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2005, 10:07:46 AM
I just saw some new info on Sunday Countdown on the whole McNab fiasco. It looks now that the whole "injured ankle" was BS. Owens was faking it so bad that he got called out by Hugh Douglas in the trainer's room. The two actually got into a fight and had to be seperated. Man, I hope Douglas nailed him at least once.

Figrin D'an
Nov 6th, 2005, 10:23:34 AM
Sunday, Early

Carolina (W) at Tampa Bay
Atlanta (W) at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota (W)
San Diego (W) at NY Jets

Sunday, Late

Seattle (W) at Arizona
Pittsburgh at Green Bay (W)

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Indianapolis at New England (W)

Yog
Nov 6th, 2005, 11:11:22 AM
Sunday, Early

Cincinnati at Baltimore (W)
Atlanta (W) at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota (W)
San Diego (W) at NY Jets

Sunday, Late

Seattle (W) at Arizona

Sunday Night

Philadelphia at Washington (W) :cry

Monday Night

Yog
Nov 6th, 2005, 01:37:38 PM
Anyone watching the games? :)

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2005, 01:55:40 PM
I'm watching myself give away a free game with my Lions pick. I can still gain a game on a bunch of people, but that was just a boneheaded pick. I knew what Brad Johnson was capable of. Ughh.

sirdizzy
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:00:52 PM
stupid bucs, i finally got on their bandwagon after picking against them for 3 of their wins and what do they do lose lose lose, i need to get back off but i took so many road games this week I thought maybe they could perform after a bye weeks rest and with a game in tampa

Yog
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:03:23 PM
Im happy with my Vikings pick. But I probably screwed it up picking TB (not sure about Ravens either) >_<

Yog
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:10:19 PM
By the way, whatever Jaguars are smoking, I dont want it. They are down 7-14 to the allmighty Houston Texans.

sirdizzy
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:49:10 PM
if the scores hold I'll be 7-1 on early games

sirdizzy
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:51:52 PM
make that 6-2 for some reason I took tennesse on here but in all my other pickem leagues I had cleveland

Yog
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:15:23 PM
6-3 if Chiefs wins vs Raiders. Kinda mediocre start.

sirdizzy
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:25:26 PM
thats impressive yogs considering there are only 8 early games

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:27:46 PM
If I hadn't of made that horrible Lions pick I would have been 8-0. As it is, I'm holding everybody off and gaining a game on a couple of people.

sirdizzy
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:30:02 PM
great kc game and i ended up 6-2, that pisses me off I was 7-1 in my other two pickem leagues why'd i take the titans here

Yog
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:39:12 PM
thats impressive yogs considering there are only 8 early games

Yeah, that would have been impressive, indeed. Its 6-2 it seems, and not so bad after all. Shame I messed around with the Carolina/TB game. I knew better than that.

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:42:46 PM
Most of us have the same games picked for this afternoon. Monday night is the big showdown.

Pats
Ryan
Carr
jjwr
Fig

Colts
dizzy
jedieb
JMK
Jinn Fizz
Blade
Lance
Nathanial K'cansce
LD
The Devil

jjwr
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:48:14 PM
7-1 early games, I went wrong with the Ravens, after their tough game against the Steelers I thought they could beat the Bengals.

Yog
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:59:14 PM
That was a monster fumble by Favre..

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2005, 05:39:45 PM
Only lost one game so far. Wish I had picked Cleveland at this point. I am glad I changed that Minnesota pick heh. Oh and that was a wild finish in KC, man Vermiel was sure a gambler to go for it like that.

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2005, 06:14:10 PM
11-1 heading into the night game. With Brad Johnson at QB the Vikings may be able to challenge the Bears for the division. He's certainly going to stabilize the offense enough to give them a chance to win some games. Again, I can't believe I went with the Lions. I knew Harrington was back at QB. They were AT Minnesota. Everything pointed to the Vikings. Oh well, I'm still going to have a shot at a 13-1 week and $50 in my football pool.

Ryan Pode
Nov 6th, 2005, 08:13:43 PM
Argh. Ravens need K. Boller back. :( And Ray & Ed.

jjwr
Nov 6th, 2005, 08:26:51 PM
Darn Packers, I figured in Green Bay without Big Ben then the Steelers would stumble. Oh well, still a good week.

Figrin D'an
Nov 7th, 2005, 12:02:06 AM
Originally posted by jjwr
Darn Packers, I figured in Green Bay without Big Ben then the Steelers would stumble. Oh well, still a good week.

That was my line of thought as well. Had I gone the other way on that game, I'd have a perfect week going into the Monday night game. But, of course, the one time I pick the Packers to win and have it not be because of blind loyalty, they burn me.

At least they're still in the Reggie Bush sweepstakes...

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2005, 12:07:03 AM
10/3 so far. :)

sirdizzy
Nov 7th, 2005, 12:43:27 AM
damn why'd i go with the titans when everyelse I went with the browns because I thought the browns were going to win argghhh oh well 11-2

And I almost wanted to see philly win without TO to show him they don't need him but andy reids play calling wasn't any better, 35 pass attemps 23 run attempts in a close game, no excuses they were trailing because the game was never more than 1 td difference, he stilled called the game like a moron

Andy Reid needs to be fired

JMK
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:54:35 AM
I thought the Eagles played a decent game under the circumstances. Listening to the comments after the game, the Eagles almost sounded like they won.

10-3...good week so far, but it's not going to do. Why did I take the steaming pile of Bucs over the Panthers? Or the Saints over the Bears? I'm still glad I took Lions as I have zero faith in the Vikings. If they upset once in a while I can live with that.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 08:50:51 AM
Both teams played well last night. The Eagles played their best defense in over a month and they actually got some decent play out of their recievers. I'm glad the rookie that replaced TO made some big plays, including that long TD. I thought Reid did a much better job of play calling last night. He showed some commitment to the run by giving Westbrook 17 carries. But even with those 17, Westbrook only got 24 yards. If you're not even getting 2 yards a carry you're not going to be able to keep running. That puts you in 2nd/3rd and long over and over again and you're forced to throw. The Redskins were able to put enough men in the box (without the threat of T.O.) to stuff the Eagles. And from what I saw, Lavar Arrington had his best game of the year. He was all over the place and made one great tackle 2 yards into the Philly backfield.

Next week is the last week with byes. Good riddance!!! At the end of next week everyone we'll have even records and they'll be no more of this half game nonsense.

Dick Vermeil showed he's a woman with testicles yesterday. At his post game press conference he was talking about how tough a decision it was to go for it on 4th down, about how much Green's performance meant to him and the team, about Trent's father.... :cry

11 hours until Manning has to face his demon....

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:13:20 AM
I'm having fun going around the different sports sites and reading all the TO bashing. But here's one article that was written just for us.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2216334

The road ahead (Dallas, the Giants twice, Seattle, St. Louis, Washington again) will be hard enough for the Eagles without the burden of T.O.'s incessant bitching pulling them down. Owens is not Anakin Skywalker and his behavior since the Super Bowl suggests that there is no good in him whatsoever. Reid needs to stop searching for it, stop waiting for it, and let T.O. start searching for another place to play. I mean, what's the breaking point? Where's the "here" that most organizations by now would have had it up to?

Me loves good SW references. :evil

JMK
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:19:39 AM
:lol

I read that this morning as well. I got a kick out of it. Is anyone other than Michael Irvin defending this guy? And speaking of Michael Irvin, did you see him avoid the issue of whether or not T.O. should apologize? I really like Irvin as an analyst, but I thought he turtled big time in front of everyone yesterday. Boomer asked him (as did Young) if T.O. should get up and say he's sorry to his teammates. At this point, both Young and Jackson had said he should man up and apologize. But Irvin? His take was "I'd never put myself in the situation where I'd have to apologize before my teammates". He repeated that over and over. What a duck and cover take by Irvin! Young and Jackson would never put themselves in the position where they'd have to apologize, but they still had an opinion on the matter. Everyone knows that Irvin is T.O.'s mouthpiece to the media, but is he on his payroll as well? That was just weak on Irvin's part.

JMK
Nov 7th, 2005, 03:04:02 PM
And the narcissist is done for the year...again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2216703

No courageous come backs to play in the super bowl this year. I'm glad the Eagles threw the book at this grade-A jerk.

Unfortunately he will get picked up by some other team, by some other staff who thinks they will be the group to turn him around.

I hope he just stays away forever. He's making Randy Moss look like a boy scout.

Ryan Pode
Nov 7th, 2005, 03:27:37 PM
Kyle Boller is back!!!!

JMK
Nov 7th, 2005, 03:49:49 PM
Awesome! So now instead of scoring 9 points a game, the Ravens will score 12! Rejoice!

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 05:30:20 PM
:lol
Yes, the league is trembling at the prospect of having to face a rested and ready Kyle Boller. I think no one is more scared than Billick. Because once his protege goes down in flames so might his job in Baltimore.

Michael Irving can be pretty funny at times, but he's not just a TO mouthpiece, he's 'The obnoxious NFL Wide Out" mouthpiece. He's got his head shoved so far up Owens' rear that I think he can smell RosenSnake's cheap, oily, hair gel. The Union is going to be filing a grievence on behalf of Owens and we can only hope it gets slapped down. That's over 800K in salary he's going to lose. He'll get paid for the last 4 games of the season, but he's cost himself millions on his next contract. Plus, whatever team signs him is going to probably have a bunch of clauses that will make him pay every time he opens his mouth. I tell you one thing, I can't think of a single big time NFL QB that would want this guy on his team. For what, for him to sell him out the first time anything doesn't go his way?

JMK
Nov 7th, 2005, 06:59:54 PM
He's going to wind up in a place like Arizona, or maybe even Baltimore where offenses are so anemic that they'll take anyone if they'll help, which Owens will do until he rips apart the dressing room. He's also going to want to be on a team where there's no established #1 receiver so that he actually gets the ball.

The best part about this is that he's totally sabotaged himself and his future. He's already 32 or 33 years old. He's only got a handful of productive seasons left. I know he's in tremendous condition, but he can't get into his late 30's like Jerry Rice and still demand the ball. He would get laughed out of the league if he made those sort of demands.

Rutabaga
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:04:16 PM
You know, it's interesting that the only guy standing up for Terrell Owens is Michael Irvin, who is anything but a knight in shining armor himself. They're two peas in a rancid little pod.

I love the SW reference about Owens not being Anakin Skywalker, that's awesome :).

This is a great article about the whole mess:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/11/07/mmqb.week9/index.html

I pity whatever team picks him up. I still say the only team that would take him and not care about his behavior is the Raiders :p.

Oops, almost forgot one other question...you have to imagine that this is also going to destroy a lot of his endorsement chances, because what company is going to want a selfish, egotistical and mean-spirited crybaby hawking their wares? Unless you've got some company that wants to present that image or wants to be "cutting edge" or something dumb like that. I wouldn't want to buy anything Terrell Owens endorses anyways.

JMK
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:20:59 PM
Yeah, everyone knew that Irvin was one of the prototypes for the 'me first' ball player. For him to critisize T.O. would be 100% hypocritical and transparent. I'd like to respect him for at least taking a side, but he's being so callow and evasive about because he knows that he was wrong in the way he acted in his younger playing days and he knows that T.O. is wrong now.

I won't have any pity whatsoever on whichever team picks him up. I don't even have any pity on the Eagles. T.O. has been known to be a total brat for years now. Why did they think he'd change for them? Now that the entire league knows that T.O. won't even fall in line with an organization like the Eagles...if they think themselves any different then they deserve the agony he'll eventually put them through. Like I said, if they threw the ball to Owens on EVERY SINGLE PLAY, it still wouldn't be enough for him. In T.O.'s head, there is no one else in the world except T.O. himself. Nothing matters other than his publicity and his stats.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:26:29 PM
No Seymour tonight for the Pats. Thats Huge! Even him at 75% would have been a good boost but without him the Pats are very weak up front and you'll see the Colts run early and often until the Pats show they can stop it.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 08:16:11 PM
Good start for the Colts. Two big plays from Manning and Harrison, the bomb, and the TD. I like that the big guys have stood up for the Colts early. On that long pass Manning almost looked like he was throwing angry. On the TD Harrison went one on one and made a great catch. Now let's see what Freeney and the defense does in response.

Luckily for the Colts the weather is just about perfect for football. The early TD has subdued the crowd a bit but you know they'll get jacked up real quick if Brady gets the offense going.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 08:47:42 PM
Incredible opening drive by the Colts, watching Manning drop in that ball from 48 yards out effortlessly is amazing.

Great answer drive by the Pats but unfortunetly they can't stop squat and the Colts converted 3rd down after 3rd down to score again. They need Seymour, the defense has no real teeth up front with out it.

All things considered even if the Pats lose this game and are at 4-4 its pretty darn good considering all of their injuries and the schedule.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:00:44 PM
And the Pats give up another 3rd down rather than pinning the Colts back.

Thats been their MO all year, definetly not the same defense as the past few years, between losing players to FA and injury the defense is just not the same.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:04:21 PM
VRABEL INT!!!!

Huge, the Pats NEED to score off that to have a shot in this game. Right now they are looking totally outlcassed on defense and maybe thats the spark they need.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:05:37 PM
And Fumble Brady, 2nd and 28....d'oh!
And he converts it! Holy cow.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:13:53 PM
Ok I rewound my DVR like 5 times and still couldn't see that fumble, I wish they would have backed it up so you could see what actually happened.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:45:32 PM
Dillon clearly fumbled. The only question was whether the Colts defender was down and he clearly was. I was surprised there wasn't a review of that last TD because it was pretty close. It looked like Wayne got control and an elbow down before he slid out of bounds. That 3 and out to start the second half by the Pats took less than half a minute. They might as well let the Colts start the second half with the ball. Right now on 3rd down Manning hit Stokley for the first time tonight for a big gain. If the Colts get any kind of points here that Colts defensive line is going to pin their ears back and blasting after Brady. The Pats D needs to make a stand here or they're in trouble.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:50:38 PM
The Colts keep converting on 3rd down. You know you've got problems when Manning runs for a 3rd down on you. They're grinding out the yards now, Edge with solid gains, Manning picking apart the secondary. They stick this in the end zone and the Pats will be reeling. Good D on that stretch play gives them a 3rd and 4.... quick snap, and there's a penalty. Yep, Manning's quick snap caught the Pats with too many men on the field and offsides. Wow, that was a gimme. First and goal...

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:51:39 PM
TD, and the crowd goes silent. But I still won't feel any satisfaction until I see 0:00 at the end of the 4th.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:02:47 PM
Pats answered with a long drive and a TD. Plenty of time left and it's only a 2 possesion game. Still, that defensive doesn't look like it's got what it takes to stop Indy tonight. But they're the Pats. I still expect them to make it close. Lord how I hate this team.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:14:53 PM
Oh I know he fumbled, it just happened so fast i couldn't see what happened and they never showed a replay.

Pats defense stinks tonight, they can't stop them to save their lives. Without Seymour this defense has no hope, with him the secondary may get the help it needs cause right now it needs something.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:16:49 PM
A ill-advised onside kick, and now they go for it on 4th down at midfield? Clearly, Bellick(sp?) realized his defense is just a sieve. Manning just threw a beauty to get the Colts back in FG range. I think this game is pretty much over it the Colts get a TD here. I'm just surprised that the Pats are basically giving up playing any D.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:21:04 PM
Belechik isn't stupid, they haven't stopped the Colts all day, the only time they stopped them on the 3rd down the Colts went for it on 4th and got it. He knows his defense is done, guys have been wide open all night and Manning has all the time in the world.

It was risky but I can see why he did it.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:22:48 PM
The real turning point to the game was when the Pats got the INT and then drove the field but fumbled and the Colts went up 21-7. The defense was bad and they just didn't get any great breaks or luck to overcome it. A dropped INT, fumble, etc. Plays they would normally make against the Colts just didn't go their way.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:33:54 PM
Pats score another TD, they really aren't having much trouble moving the ball against the Colts, just a matter of them getting enough opportunities.

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:49:21 PM
I really have to wonder what Belechick is doing here with this challenge. Maybe just really pissed and figure he would challenge just for the heck of it?

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:53:43 PM
I don't know what's going on with this challenge. It looked like it was clearly a TD. Going for 2 here isn't running up the score, just trying to get to 21 pts. The Colts D has given up yards and scores, but they've made some key stops. That 3 and out to start the second half is perfect example. Even without this 2pt conversion it's pretty much over. I feel good for Manning. He's too good a player to have a monkey like this on his back. The Colts clearly are in the driver's seat for home field. Denver is their biggest threat and I've said it before, no one wants to go to Mile High in the playoffs. Especially against this Denver team. This is probably the best Denver has looked in the post Elway era.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:54:55 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
I really have to wonder what Belechick is doing here with this challenge. Maybe just really pissed and figure he would challenge just for the heck of it?

He's looked pissed off all night. This defensive performance has got to be killing him.

Figrin D'an
Nov 7th, 2005, 11:08:29 PM
I'll get final scores up tomorrow afternoon/evening. Lots of people had a good week, so there probably won't be a lot of movement in the rankings.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 11:13:16 PM
Big win for the Colts and now there's two stories for people to get hyped up about; an undefeated season and an all Manning Superbowl. The second is a lot more realistic than the first. The Colts have a tough second half coming up. They've got a run of games that's similiar to the one the Pats had in the first half of the season:

Houston (joke of a game)
at Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
at Jacksonville
San Diego
at Seattle
Arizona

You've got 4 playoff contenders and the weak teams in the middle (Tenn. & Jacksonville) are division opponents with the Jags having a tough D that usually plays well against the Colts. I think they'll be lucky to get through that at 6-2.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 11:14:15 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
I'll get final scores up tomorrow afternoon/evening. Lots of people had a good week, so there probably won't be a lot of movement in the rankings.

13-1 baby! The only movement is me getting a bit further ahead of everyone! :evil

jjwr
Nov 7th, 2005, 11:41:13 PM
Colts second half schedule is very tough, the Cincy game could be a huge trap.

As for Manning and the Monkey...ehh...its regular season. Last two regular season games between these two teams Pats won both on the last play of the game, not exactly dominant. They made their name against the Colts in the playoffs and thats where Manning has to prove himself.

Don't get me wrong, he proved he can beat the Pats but like the Steelers last year when t hey throttled the Pats, playoffs & regular season are totally different.

With luck the Pats defense should be healthy again by the playoffs, if they get healthy at the right time they can make a serious run.

jjwr
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:17:49 AM
Some further thoughts on the game...

I'm guessing the Colts will go 14-2 this year, the give me game against Houston but they could easily lose any of these games

at Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
at Jacksonville
San Diego
at Seattle

The funny thing is both the Bengals & Steelers are right up there in the home field talk so those are going to be huge games for seedings. Colts need home field to have any shot at the Superbowl. Oddly enough the Steelers typically play better away from Heinz as thats where there last 3 losses have come(including AFC Champ last year).

As for the Pats, if they can't manage to get some players back on that defense then this is a lost cause of a season. They need Seymour, without him the line is just mediocre. You can't lose arguably the best Defensive Lineman in the league as well as all your other losses. All the word was he would play but each week he's inactive, makes you wonder how serious his injury really is.

As for the Colts D, its good but not that good. Pats moved the ball very well against them, they did get some stops but considering how few chances they had they still put up 21 on them. With that offense they finally have a good solid D, not a dominant D like the Ravens of yesteryear but still very good.

JMK
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:48:39 AM
What a game last night. It wouldn't have been enough for the Colts to cover the 3.5 spread they were given. Winning by a FG wouldn't have been, even a TD wouldn't have been enough. They had to bury the Pats, and they had to do it their way on their terms - i.e. - crush them, which is what they did. They took advantage of a lesser team and taught them a lesson. They'd better hope that they face the same Pats team (if they do indeed face each other) in the playoffs. The good news (if there can be any more good news for the Colts) is that they're pretty much guaranteed home field throughout, so if they do face the Pats again, it's at the RCA dome.

Yog
Nov 8th, 2005, 09:04:57 AM
What a crushing victory for the Colts! They look like the superbowl favorite right now.

Ryan Pode
Nov 8th, 2005, 09:57:07 AM
Jags defense = non-existant. Edge will run all over them and their 22nd ranked rush defense. I hope the Texan's upset.

Ryan Pode
Nov 8th, 2005, 10:39:23 AM
For anybody that saw Wayne Chrebet knocked out of Sunday's game against the Chargers, that could be his last catch ever as NFL.com reports he is on IR and looks to be done. Helluva way to go out, making a crucial catch in a must-win situation.

JMK
Nov 8th, 2005, 11:12:34 AM
I saw that. It was downright scary. They showed a close up of him just after he whacked his noggin, his eyes were just wandering all over the place. He was completely out of it. Freaky stuff.

Jedieb
Nov 8th, 2005, 02:35:45 PM
How big is that last second win by the Giants against Denver now? By all rights, the Broncos should be 7-1 and breathing down Indy's back. The Colts have a tough schedule, but they do have 5 games at home while the Broncos have to go to KC, Oakland, and San Diego. Those are all tough road division games and they also have a game AT Dallas, one that will probably mean more to the Cowboys than the Broncos. I don't see how they can make up Indy's 2 game lead without some kind of Colts meltdown.

JMK
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:22:30 PM
Denver has been quietly dominant all year, except against the Dolphins. :lol
This is the type of year where a Denver/Indy playoff match would be dynamite. I'd love to see that game. That could be your AFC title game right there.

Jedieb
Nov 8th, 2005, 09:07:07 PM
Remember, while the Pats have been sending the Colts home for the last couple of years, the Colts have been doing the same to the Broncos. That really would be a great AFC Championship game. It'd be great to see the Giants make it to their conference championship game as well. There'd be more Manning hype than you could shake a stick at.

Ryan Pode
Nov 8th, 2005, 10:08:49 PM
I'd like to see both Mannings in the championships games and sent home. A Carolina v. Denver/San Diego superbowl for me.

sirdizzy
Nov 8th, 2005, 10:48:45 PM
Denvers getting a lot of their young CBs this year, 3 of the CBs they drafted have been huge and even with Bailey hurting they for the first time have a secondary that could stand up to manning.

But the difference will be there front 4, during last years playoff lost none of the denver front 4 could get anyone near manning. He sat back their all day and sliced and diced them.

Denvers D is still pretty young and just learning to play together, I can only see them get better duing the second half.

The ? is the Denver offense which has been anemiac at times this year, long gone is the firepower of a few years back. But they have finally figured out what works best for them and thats bell 10-15 carries with the breakout pottential and anderson 15-20 pounding carries and not letting jake throw the ball too much. Jake showed last week though that if called upon he can still fling and with 6 straight games without a INT he is finally showing good decision making skills.

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 07:40:30 AM
If the Mannings met in the Superbowl all the hype of the all-Manning SB would make me sick to my stomach. It would just be overload. I like both of those guys...but it would definetly be overkill.

Jedieb
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:43:48 AM
So dizzy, how do you feel about TO in a Broncos uni? Kyle, how would Dolphin aqua look on him? I sure as hell don't want him near any team I root for.

Carolina looks great, but I'm not ready to put them in the Superbowl. I think there are a couple of NFC East teams that could play them tough. What's different about Carolina this year is Smith and Delhomme. They've been together for awhile, but they've never been this hot. Davis is running as well as he ever has. Actually, now that I think about it, they are the best team in the conference right now. Atlanta isn't that far behind. One thing is for sure, the NFC looks better now than it has in years. Even if they don't win the Superbowl, they're not the doormats they've been lately. I'm pretty sure they've got a winning record this year against the AFC.

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:06:48 AM
I'm fine with the receivers the Dolphins have. Again, it's the QB situation that stinks. Frerotte is like Dilfer in that they're not talented, but they can take care of the ball. Dilfer is just a little smarter than Frerotte is. Once the Fish get a guy who can sling it the offense will thrive. Under no circumstance would I want T.O. on the Dolphins. They've already got Ricky in there already, we don't need another problem child. Though I wonder if Saban is the type of guy who would straighten him out by just berating him beyond belief. I doubt it.

Speaking of T.O., did anyone catch his woe-is-me press conference yesterday? Gotta love how he's uber apologetic, only to have Rosenhaus get up there and echo Owens' REAL feelings. Nice try guys. Better luck next year. The best part of the press conference was when a reporter asked Rosenhaus what exactly he was accomplished for Owens since becoming his agent. I've never heard a better question. What HAS he done other than tell him that he needs a new contract and watched T.O. get booted off the team?

jjwr
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:21:19 AM
No coach will have a effect on TO, he's going to be who is he is. Odds are he'll end up on a crappy team where he is the only real star and draw power(like the Texans) and as a result get his way.

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:54:48 AM
The Texans sounds like an almost perfect fit. They'll have a new coach in place who will get stuck with T.O. and told to make it work. T.O. will know he's the real boss and act like it.
Truth is, T.O. acts no different than a diva NBA player who complains about his touches, court time. For some reason, NBA divas are tolerated and in most cases accomodated. In the NFL, it isn't tolerated and most of the time not accomodated for.

I could also see him landing in Arizona or Washington where he's guranteed to get paid by that idiot Snyder.

Ryan Pode
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:29:01 AM
The best thing T.O. can do right now is fire Drew.

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:32:08 AM
The best thing he can do is not only fire him, but feed him to a bunch of hungry lions. I hate Rosensnake and all agents like him more than I have the diva athletes they pander to.

Jedieb
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:40:50 AM
I can't see him going to Washington now. I think that now that Gibbs is back the situation in Washington has really stabilized. I just can't see Gibbs putting up with that nonsense. I mean, look what they did to Arrington this season just because the guy missed some assignments.

Now, if Rosensnake earns 10%, and he's helped cost T.O. over 800K this year, does that mean he has to write a check to Owens for $80K? :lol

Next Monday Night we get the Cowboys and Redskins. Before the season started, anybody think that game was going to be for first place in the division?

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:59:10 PM
Somehow I doubt Rosensnake is going to scratch that check. :lol

You're right about that 'Skins/Cowboys game, replace the Redskins with Eagles and maybe you could have predicted that, but certainly not this. What a great game this should be.

Figrin D'an
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:24:04 PM
Week 9 Results

sirdizzy: 12-2
Jedieb: 13-1
JMK: 11-3
Jinn Fizz: 12-2
Ryan Pode: 10-4
Blade Ice: 12-2
Jedi Master Carr: 12-2
Lance Casey: 12-2
Nathanial K'cansce: 13-1
Lilaena De'Ville: 11-3
jjwr: 11-3
Figrin D'an: 12-2
Yoghurt: 12-2

Updated Season Totals

Jedieb: 91-39
Jedi Master Carr: 86-44
Yoghurt: 86-44
jjwr: 85-45
Figrin D'an: 82-48
Lance Casey: 82-48
Lilaena De'Ville: 80-50
sirdizzy: 80-50
JMK: 79-51
Ryan Pode: 78-52
Nathanial K'cansce: 75-55
Jinn Fizz: 64-50
Eldorack: 36-20
Blade Ice: 51-33
Kale: 23-23
Ambrose Braeden: 10-6
Lamar Starworth: 5-11

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:43:40 PM
Goddamit, still stuck right in the freaking middle. :x

Ryan Pode
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:50:00 PM
Eh. One thing I found funny this sunday was a sign I saw in the Ravens game. The Ravens are in the midst of their 10th anniversiary season, so they are having a countdown of the 10 greatest moments in the history of the team. And the sign said:

"5 greatest moments in Ravens history
5. Ray Lewis Superbowl MVP
4. Chris McAlisters 107 yard field goal return
3. Ed Reed's 106 Yard Int Return
2. Winning Superbowl XXXV
1. Terrell Owens saying no to us."

I thought it was hilarious.

Jedieb
Nov 9th, 2005, 05:52:05 PM
I saw that sign too and it was friggin' brilliant. He did you a favor. But, I digress...

EAT MY DUST YOU LOSERS!!! :crack

Rutabaga
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:19:22 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Week 9 Results

Jinn Fizz: 12-2

Wow!!! :crack

Rutabaga
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:20:26 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
Eh. One thing I found funny this sunday was a sign I saw in the Ravens game. The Ravens are in the midst of their 10th anniversiary season, so they are having a countdown of the 10 greatest moments in the history of the team. And the sign said:

"5 greatest moments in Ravens history
5. Ray Lewis Superbowl MVP
4. Chris McAlisters 107 yard field goal return
3. Ed Reed's 106 Yard Int Return
2. Winning Superbowl XXXV
1. Terrell Owens saying no to us."

I thought it was hilarious.

OMG, that's brilliant. :thumbup

Ryan Pode
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:21:40 PM
To think too, how outraged I was when he didn't want to be a Raven. :( Derrick Mason is so much better anyways.

JMK
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:31:22 AM
I wouldn't go THAT far. T.O. is in the top 3 receivers in the league. It's the fact that he's a cancer that makes any receiver worth having over T.O. Seriously, pick any team's #1 receiver and I'd rather him over T.O., but it doesn't mean that any of those guys are BETTER than T.O.

Jedieb
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:43:33 AM
Wow, Priest Holmes in done for the year. It's not the end of the world for the Chielfs because Johnson is more than capable. Drafting Johnson a couple of years ago, even though Holmes was still in his prime, was one of the smartest moves the Chiefs ever made.

Jedieb
Nov 10th, 2005, 07:53:11 AM
I just finished reading the article on ESPN. The injury may be so severe that Holmes may have to retire. Apparently, there's some kind of lump on his spine. One misplaced hit and he could be paralyzed. Put the cleats up and wait for your HOF induction Priest.

Yds - 8,035
TDs - 86 rushing, 8 receiving
Yds receing - 2,945

That's over 10,000 yards of offense and close to 100 total TD's. He was able to play for 8 years and he's got some NFL records to boot. His career is longer and his numbers bigger than Tyrrel Davis and I think Davis is the benchmark for guys who just didn't play long enough to get into the HOF.

Ryan Pode
Nov 10th, 2005, 09:19:58 AM
He's got a good shot at the HOF. He's well liked around the league and had studly numbers in his prime. I hope he's not done though... first 1,000 yard rusher in Raven's history.

JMK
Nov 10th, 2005, 10:16:18 AM
If Holmes is smart he will retire. You just don't mess with lumps in your spine. He'll be lucky to come out of surgery with the ability to walk, nevermind run between the tackles. He's probably going to get in the hall, I don't think he has to worry. He was a dominant player for about 3 full seasons, that should be enough.

sirdizzy
Nov 10th, 2005, 12:15:06 PM
I don't think its enough, Davis had a 4 year stretch where he ruled the nfl more completly than holmes did. He had a 2000 yard season, a nfl mvp and superbowl mvp during that stretch and he will never see the hall of fame. Holmes was great but he simply didn't do enough for a HOF spot.

Jedieb
Nov 10th, 2005, 12:44:34 PM
But Davis's career numbers are a lot lower than Holmes. Even Holmes' early career numbers were solid which is why he's so close to benchmarks like 100 TDs and 10,000 yds. Here's where Davis stacks up:

YDs - 7,607 yds
TDs - 60 rushing, 5 receiving
YDs Receiving - 1,280

Not only are each of these numbers lower than Holmes, but they both had about the same number of years in the league. If Davis had just been able to get 2 or 3 more solid years out of his career I think he would have been a lock. I'd vote for him, but I don't think many HOF voters will.

JMK
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:00:02 PM
People will also say that he had the benefit of playing in the thin Denver air where his opponents ran out of gas before he did.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:25:43 PM
Holmes should retire he will get into the HOF, IMO. Really this doesn't hurt the Chiefs. Johnson has been playing better for them all season. It was brilliant drafting him a few years ago.

jjwr
Nov 10th, 2005, 06:53:03 PM
I doubt Holmes will make the Hall. He has good numbers for a few years but the Hall is for those who are dominant for long stretches not just a few years.

Don't forget he will be going up against a lot of RB's if he retires within a year or two like Bettis and Martin as well as following closely behind Emmitt Smith. He won't be a first ballot and in subsequent years there will be a lot of big names with bigger numbers to make people forget about him.

Jedieb
Nov 10th, 2005, 10:22:07 PM
I was going to write up an exhuastive Mid Season Report, but it's late. So here's a quick one for all to enjoy. Resident Ravens fans will love Week 2's recap.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/NFL-Midseason.article.jpg

sirdizzy
Nov 11th, 2005, 12:55:20 AM
I am sorry if Floyd Little can't make the hall of fame then Holmes shouldn't be in their either. Ok yes I am always a little ticked that the only Bronco in the Hall is John Elway. We will get Shannon Sharpe shortly since he is arguably the best TE to play the game and we have an outside chance at Elam but thats it. Rod Smith deserves to go as much as Holmes (first undrafted WR to get 10,000 recieving yards, 22nd to do it all time and 62 tds) but Rod will never see the Hall either and Rod has had a 10 year stretch of great play and been much more durable than holmes,

Holmes doesn't deserve the Hall, its that simple. If holmes is allowed in they have missed 100's of guys who should be there too,

sirdizzy
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:07:41 AM
Ok so whats your though on Rod Smith does he deserve a hall of fame bid, lets break it down.

Rod Smith
754 Receptions, 16th all time
10,331 recieving yards 20th all time
62 recieving TDs, 46th all time
10,667 yards from scrimage 49th all time

Priest Holmes
8.035 Rushing Yards 31st all time
10,980 Yards from Scrimage 43rd all time
86 rushing TDs, 11th all time
94 Total tds, 19th all time

so arguably the same, smith is higher up on yards and receptions as far as all time goes but holmes is higher on tds

And Rod Smith won't make the Hall why should Holmes.

sirdizzy
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:14:04 AM
case in point Marshal Faulk (who only played 3 years longer than Holmes his rookie season was 94 holmes' was 97)

Marshal Faulk
12.129 Rushing Yards 10th all time
18,832 Yards from Scrimage 4th all time
100 rushing TDs, 6th all time
136 Total tds, 4th all time

3 years of productivity makes an enormous difference (4 if you want to count holmes rookie year where he barely played)

Holmes became the modern day Faulk in my opinion, a back who caught the ball as well as he ran it. But another glaring stat is Faulk's been to 2 super bowls winning one.

Faulk is in, Holmes is out.

Ryan Pode
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:28:14 AM
Holmes was an undrafted free agent. Marshall Faulk was the #2 pick overall. Holmes powered the #1 offense of the 21st century. Smith was a compliment to one of the most devestating running attacks ever. While, I'm not saying that either is a shoe in for Canton, Holmes has a far better chance to make it as the Hall voters are more likely to take a dominating back than a wide reciever, as the WRs are a dime-a-dozen.
On another note, if Holmes retires when Bettis, Faulk, and Martin do, he probably won't make it for a long, long time. If he doesn't then his chances are far greater. He's a 1st or none candidate.

sirdizzy
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:44:50 AM
But Smith is a top 20 in the two categories for a reciever, yards and receptions. Holmes biggest assset to the game was TDs as he was a monster scoring machine.

Ryan Pode
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:46:20 AM
I'm not saying Smith won't get in. There are just sooo many good recievers. Running backs of Holmes dominance are a bit more rare.

Ryan Pode
Nov 11th, 2005, 01:52:52 AM
Holmes scored a TD every 20 carries. Better than anyone else in the top 15.

JMK
Nov 11th, 2005, 07:35:15 AM
You can't compare WRs to RBs. It just doesn't work.

Why don't we compare Dontrelle Willis' season to Albert Pujols while we're at it? You've got to compare apples to apples, oranges to oranges.

Jedieb
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:25:06 AM
Rod Smith should be in the HOF. And I think he will get in, just maybe not on the first ballot. He's got numbers, SB's, and longevity. So you can't use him in an argument until he's retired for more than 5 years and still hasn't gotten in. But Holmes has enough longevity, stats, and NFL records to get in. You can't use, 'But My Bronco Didn't Get In And This Guy's A Division Rival!' as a good argument to keep him out. ;)

Ryan Pode
Nov 11th, 2005, 12:01:14 PM
Jerome Bettis has had one 100 yard game against the Ravens in the last 7 years, so he shouldn't be HOF.

Jedieb
Nov 11th, 2005, 12:44:20 PM
Here are most of the Modern Era HOF RB/HBs. I didn't include guys from the 60's and 50's because their numbers were much kept low by fewer games. I did include Gale Sayers and Jim Brown because they're studs.

Marcus Allen (RB) 1982-1997
Jim Brown (FB) 1957-1965
Earl Campbell (RB) 1978-1985
Larry Csonka (FB) 1968-1979
Eric Dickerson (RB) 1983-1993
Tony Dorsett (RB) 1977-1988
Franco Harris (RB) 1972-1984
Walter Payton (RB) 1975-1987
John Riggins (RB) 1971-1979, 1981-1985
Barry Sanders (RB) 1989-1998
Gale Sayers (HB) 1965-1971
O.J. Simpson (RB) 1969-1979

Fewer Rushing Yards than Holmes
Csonka
Sayers

Fewer or Equal Years than Holmes
Brown
Campbell
Sanders

Fewer TD's than Holmes
Campbell
Sanders
Sayers
Wife Beater/Double Murderer

He's on the cusp. One more year and he would have passed a lot of those guys in all 3 of those categories. As it is now though, he may actually find it difficult to get in there. It's a shame though. I thought he was well on his way.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 11th, 2005, 02:03:57 PM
I think he belongs in there honestly. Sayers is in there and he only played 6 years. Sure he was amazing but his numbers don't even touch Holmes.

Ryan Pode
Nov 12th, 2005, 11:20:51 AM
I'm tellin' ya. People like TDs and noone gets it done better than Holmes. He's in.

jjwr
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:48:34 AM
He may get in but it will be a few years, no way is he a first ballot Hall members.

As for Smith, his biggest problem is there are now so many WR's putting up great numbers that they don't mean as much. Irvin is up now and while he should get in there are some questions. And don't forget its not just about numbers, Monk hasn't made it in yet.

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2005, 12:48:13 PM
Irving will eventually get in because of those 3 rings, but I think his numbers and off the field problems kept him from being a first ballot. (I'm pretty sure this is his 2nd or 3rd year of eligibility.) I agree, without more time and stats, Holmes is not a first ballot HOF. If he does come back I think 2 or 3 more productive seasons would make him a lock, not a first ballot, but an eventual lock.