PDA

View Full Version : ROTS DVD deleted Scenes

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 1st, 2005, 10:54:42 AM
So I picked it up today and first thing I did was watch the deleted scenes. I see why two of them got cut. The one with Grievious killing Shaak-Ti really had no point, and just took up time. I doubt that will ever show up in a SE. Same with the Yoda-Mace-Obi-Wan one, mainly because that line of dialogue came up in the War Room scene. Now I think the Dagobah scene should have been in the movie, I agree with Rick in that opinion. I know why Lucas cut it, but I think it should be shown where Yoda goes, especially since if you view them 1-6 you have no clue what happened to him until ESB. The Rebellion scenes I liked, it gave more of a role to Padme and Bail and gave lines to Mon Monmtha. Now I admit it would have made the movie over 2.5 hours so I see why they had to be cut, though maybe they will get into a SE version down the road.

JMK
Nov 1st, 2005, 01:10:05 PM
Yeah there's no reason why that stuff can't be added in later. A special edition is for fans and I don't think you'll hear many complain about issues like pacing if you give them more content.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2005, 07:50:14 PM
Yeah, hello LotR EE? :lol

JMK
Nov 1st, 2005, 08:06:39 PM
After seeing the scenes, the only ones I'd prefer to have in there is the first meeting about the rebellion and Yoda's arrival on Dagobah. Maybe presenting the petition to Palpatine, but then you'd have to add the other ones in too.

Rutabaga
Nov 6th, 2005, 08:55:25 AM
The Shaak-Ti scene was basically terrible. It did show that Anakin and Obi-Wan had developed such a relationship that they could communicate non-verbally, but good Lord, I felt like I'd gone to a lightsaber fight and a baseball game broke out. It was dumb, and it was a very wise decision to cut it out.

The SW geek in me, the one that's been around since I saw ANH in 1977, loved the birth of the Rebellion scenes. Cutting them out made sense, because they would have slowed down the pace of the movie, but putting them back in in a SE would be a nice idea.

Yoda arriving on Dagobah is gorgeous, but I can really see where GL was coming from when he explained why he felt he had to cut it out. The narrative flow between Anakin, Padme, and the twins really was beautifully done. But it's funny, listen to McCallum's comments on the scene, and we're basically guaranteed that there will indeed be a SE somewhere along the line . :p

Darth McBain
Nov 6th, 2005, 09:50:04 PM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
The Shaak-Ti scene was basically terrible. It did show that Anakin and Obi-Wan had developed such a relationship that they could communicate non-verbally, but good Lord, I felt like I'd gone to a lightsaber fight and a baseball game broke out. It was dumb, and it was a very wise decision to cut it out.

:lol I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. Anakin's telling Obi-Wan to lay down a bunt and Obi-Wan tells Anakin to run with the pitch...

JMK
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:50:24 AM
Yeah, that scene was just dreadful. It's scenes like that that make you question what goes through Lucas' mind when he's doing a screenplay. They just saw Shaak-Ti get impaled by Grievous and here they are doing an Abbott & Costello routine. A little gravity to the situation please?
I'm not sure who's choice it was to actually drop that scene but it was one of the best decisions in the entire project. That would undermined the entire tone of the movie.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2005, 08:58:15 AM
Dreadfull, what are you guys talking about? Obi-Wan and Anakin were so casual about their signals! I didn't even notice what they were doing! Jedi always touch their faces and talk at the same time when confronted by dozens of droids and a killer cyborg.

There are times I truly regret that the internet is incapable of showing just how bitter and caustic my sarcasm can be. :cry