PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King breaks new ground at Marvel with new comic

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:44:40 AM
Marvel Comics to launch first issue in April 2006
Premium hard cover collection of the first six issues to be released in Holiday 2006

Spring 2006---Stephen King and Marvel Comics join forces to launch a ground-breaking new comic book series adapted from King’s magnum opus, The Dark Tower.
King’s unparalleled storytelling power will provide old and new stories that delve into the life and times of the young Roland.

“As a lifelong fan of Marvel comic books, and as an adult reader who’s seen comics “come of age” and take their rightful place in the world of fantasy and science fiction,” says Stephen King. “I’m excited to be a part of Roland’s new incarnation.”

The series will be illustrated by Eisner-award winning artist Jae Lee.

“My life changed overnight when I learned I'd be working with Stephen King!” exclaims Jae Lee. “I know how special The Dark Tower series is to him. I'm incredibly honored that he would allow me to be a guest in his world.”

Keep checking Marvel.com (http://www.marvel.com) for more information on one of the biggest projects in 2006. And be on the lookout for free bookmarks featuring the exceptional art of Jae Lee, at comic book shops and bookstores nationwide this holiday season.

----

The Dark Tower series is my favorite series of all time. I am so excited about this and can't wait to buy these :)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:18:28 AM
That is very cool. I will probably defintely pick it up.

sirdizzy
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:51:54 PM
Yea but the ending to the dark tower books pissed me off, I liked the first ending I hated that tacked on second ending

jjwr
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:13:38 PM
I'm currently reading through them and on book 2, pretty decent so far.

From the description on the Marvel site this will be based on Rolands youth so it should be interesting to see the holes filled in.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:37:56 PM
Don't blow me the ending please I started reading them finally and I am now on Book 4.

sirdizzy
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:39:50 PM
Did I say anythng about how it ended, no, just that I hated it. I invested way too much time in the books for that damn ending arghhhh.

Oh well, I loved the series, great books. Go Eddie.

Nikkiah Wintermoon
Oct 30th, 2005, 08:18:48 AM
At first the ending ticked me off too, but, when you set the books aside and settle down then truly think about the character of Roland ... the ending is very befitting of the character.

Darth McBain
Oct 30th, 2005, 09:44:34 AM
The ending was definitely kind of like a "huh?" moment, and for a while it kinda ticked me off, but the more I think about it, I think I like it. I'll need to go back and read the whole series again, or at least books 5-7 again. I've read 1-4 at least 4 times each. Such a cool series...

Shawn
Oct 30th, 2005, 11:50:08 AM
I think he would have been much better off if he had gone with DC/Vertigo, but whatever. :) I'll most definitely check them out.

Akrabbim
Oct 31st, 2005, 04:55:14 PM
As much as I hated the ending, I couldn't help but admit it was the right ending. Weird, I know.

Charley
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:18:20 PM
I really need to get back to reading these.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 1st, 2005, 07:47:55 AM
Originally posted by Charley
I really need to get back to reading these.

Likewise. I just can't get through The Wolves of Calla.