PDA

View Full Version : Uh, excuse me George?

JMK
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:45:14 PM
http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/about/news/news20051026.html

"We're very excited about the opening of a new studio," said George Lucas. "Our first series -- a TV adventure titled Clone Wars, based on the time between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith -- is already in active development and we hope to see it on the air in 2007."

Is this in addition to the Tartakovsky stuff out there, or is he completely wiping that out and making his own?

IMO if George makes a show between that time period, it would be a COMPLETE cop-out and a total sham. What the hell was the Tartakovsky series for if its going to be completely undermined like this? I really, really hope I'm missing something.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:11:54 PM
I thought they were making a series between RotS and ANH?!

Darth McBain
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:37:48 PM
Yeah, I thought I had heard they were going to try to delve into some of Vader's early exploits as a Sith Lord

Jedieb
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:39:05 PM
That's the live action series. Which rumor has it will focus on the the moisture farm adventures of Luke. Yes, it sounds incredibly lame which is why I'm hoping it isn't true. As for the animated series, it's a Clone Wars series and I don't think Genndy is going to have anything to do with it. Which means it's going to have a completely different look to it. I can't wait to see the first images to see what kind of look the show is going to have. I'm also pretty sure it's going to be computer animated which means we're getting something very different from the Cartoon Network series.

JMK
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:14:50 PM
I'd almost consider boycotting it if it runs in contradiction to Clone Wars vol. 1 & 2. That's just a terrible thing to do.

And a show about Luke's adventures in the desert? Are you freaking kidding me? That's even worse! I hope Lucas wakes up and rights the ship here because these are two ideas I hope never ever see the light of day. I hope whoever got him to change his mind about the Yoda farting scene can change his mind about these 2 putrid ideas too.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:41:39 PM
Wasn't Luke trying to leave Tatooine because it was so... BORING? what on earth could there be to make a tv series out of?!

JMK
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:41:58 AM
Shooting womp rats in a T-16? Beggar's canyon? Getting into trouble with local authorities & Uncle Owen? That's basically it. What a silly spectacle that will be.

Jedieb
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:15:39 AM
Luke and Biggs explore desert caves in the Jundland Wastes. They find themselves alone, it's dark, no one's around, one thing leads to another...

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:53:44 AM
>_< Eb!!

Now if we got to see a krayt dragon that might be cool, but that would only be ONE episode.

Plus maybe they'd be doing "young Luke" like the adventures of the young Indiana Jones. Guess who plays Luke!? Jake Lloyd! ;)

JMK
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:25:40 AM
The more we talk about this the more it makes me sick to my stomach. What good would a SW show be without the force, without lightsabers, and without spaceships? Pray the rosary every night that this is false.

Darth McBain
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:18:53 AM
EB, man... That's just not right... :)

Migg Laos
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:16:08 PM
Oh no! This could be more evil than The Star Wars Holiday Special! Run, while we have the chance!

Sudoku
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:36:38 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Luke and Biggs explore desert caves in the Jundland Wastes. They find themselves alone, it's dark, no one's around, one thing leads to another...

Nah, there's probably enough of that online. :)

The Young Luke show sounds vaguely like the Droids cartoon :x

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 1st, 2005, 10:49:53 AM
I heard rumors about it about Boba Fett the other day, so really I wouldn't believe any of the rumors at this point. Lucas has only said it will be about characters that didn't get much screen time in the movies, and I really think that discounts Luke since he was the main character in the OT. I am still thinking it will be a combination of Fett, the left over Jedi and maybe dwell into the Rebellion some with Organa (hopefully West Wing goes off the air so they can sign Smits to do it). I think the Luke bit is a made up rumor, where did that come from Jedieb?

Besides this is the last story on that I can find
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11485
And there are no new rumors on theforce.net boards if there was something I think it would have poped up.

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 1st, 2005, 11:28:38 AM
Originally posted by Kyashi
Nah, there's probably enough of that online. :)

Do you know this from experience, Ky?
:D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2005, 12:36:43 PM
That's a silly question. Everyone knows that. It's the unwritten rule of the Internet - everyone has a voice here, including the slash fiction writers with Luke Skywalker/Biggs fetishes... :x

Jedieb
Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:00:37 PM
You're all going to eat your words when you see exactly what Luke meant by 'bull's-eye womp rats'. Here's a hint, the T-16 he was referring to wasn't his Skyhopper! Needless to say, Biggs had trouble sitting for long periods of time and Mara Jade walks bowlegged.

Good night ladies and gentlemen! :crack

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:25:21 PM
Eb...

No.

JMK
Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:45:42 PM
So you're saying that in the Luke/Biggs relationship, Luke wears the pants?

Charley
Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:25:25 AM
Originally posted by JMK
So you're saying that in the Luke/Biggs relationship, Luke wears the pants?

There is no way at all. Biggs had that Freddie Mercury moustache. Luke is definitely the catcher.

JMK
Nov 3rd, 2005, 07:40:25 AM
That's what I'd assume as well. He complained far too much to be considered a man.

Jedieb
Nov 3rd, 2005, 08:21:46 AM
The trench run is a perfect example of their relationship. Who "delivered" the torpedo? Luke. Who took a bolt in the "rear" from Vader? Biggs. Luke and Biggs were "on the down low", but the TV series will change all that. :crack

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:57:27 AM
>_<

:lol

That's terrible!!!

JMK
Nov 3rd, 2005, 11:00:29 AM
I'm really not looking forward to learning what "Beggar's Canyon" is.

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 3rd, 2005, 11:19:21 AM
Consider the dialog regarding Beggar's Canyon:

LUKE: Biggs, Wedge, let's close it up. We're going in. We're going in full throttle.
BIGGS: Luke, at that speed will you be able to pull out in time?
LUKE: It'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home.

At this point, three long, slender ships wedge themselves into a long crack in the Death Star, wiggling along until they launch some vaguely tadpole-shaped objects into a small hole inside the crack... any hints there?

Jedieb
Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:41:05 PM
Originally posted by Saveeradeevaravaravee
Consider the dialog regarding Beggar's Canyon:

BIGGS: Luke, at that speed will you be able to pull out in time?

I think this finally puts to rest who's doing the pitching, and who's doing the catching.

At this point, three long, slender ships wedge themselves into a long crack in the Death Star, wiggling along until they launch some vaguely tadpole-shaped objects into a small hole inside the crack... any hints there?

Holy Yoda, it's a rebel gang bang!

Jedieb
Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:42:54 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I'm really not looking forward to learning what "Beggar's Canyon" is.

If you promise not to pursue legal action or have me banned I'm sure I can come up with a plausible theory. :evil

JMK
Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:59:34 PM
As a moderator of these fine forums I cannot let you go any further with your crass, vulgar and depraved pontifications.

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:48:33 PM
Ok, sorry... I guess that was a little too much ^_^;. I'll stop now. I usually don't get sucked into stuff like this...

No hard feelings, JMK?

JMK
Nov 3rd, 2005, 02:27:23 PM

I was actually talking to Eb...I'm afraid if I let him go any further everyone's monitors will burst into flames after reading his next comment!

Darth McBain
Nov 3rd, 2005, 02:30:38 PM
There's a lot of stuff to make you go "hmmm" in this thread... :lol

Jedieb
Nov 3rd, 2005, 03:36:00 PM
Originally posted by JMK
As a moderator of these fine forums I cannot let you go any further with your crass, vulgar and depraved pontifications.

WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU SAY I WAS PONTIFICATING! Crass? Of course. Vulgar? That's what I was going for. Depraved? Ha, you should have seen what I was doing last night. But pontificating! How dare you sir?! :shootin

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 3rd, 2005, 04:52:44 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I'm afraid if I let him go any further everyone's monitors will burst into flames after reading his next comment!

heh heh heh ...you said 'flames'...

Jedieb
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:44:18 PM
heh heh heh ...you said 'flames'...

We're all going straight to hell. :evil

Atreyu
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:34:07 AM
I actually found the Clone Wars shorts, dare I say it, more entertaining than the Prequels themselves which they sit in between. :mischief

Hopefully George hasn't gone off his rocker - that South Park episode where he digitally replaced all the characters with Ewoks was just plain freaky, moreso because it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up doing something like that. :(

JMK
Nov 4th, 2005, 08:09:03 AM
The more I hear about these tv series the more I think they're going to be experimental in nature.

Jedieb
Nov 4th, 2005, 09:11:54 AM
Hopefully George hasn't gone off his rocker - that South Park episode where he digitally replaced all the characters with Ewoks was just plain freaky, moreso because it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up doing something like that.
Do you know what season that was in? I may buy that set just for that episode alone.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 5th, 2005, 10:35:27 AM
This whole thread is just a Dotnet in the making.

JMK
Nov 5th, 2005, 04:21:34 PM
Qué?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 5th, 2005, 04:36:52 PM
http://dotnet.sw-fans.net/?s=&menu=8

Our site has it's own webcomic, silly :p

Which I know I need to update^_^;

JMK
Nov 5th, 2005, 06:54:14 PM
Oh yeah...forgot completely about that thing!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 5th, 2005, 07:14:12 PM
That you forgot about it just goes to show that I need to reeeaaally get on the ball with it ^_^;

JMK
Nov 5th, 2005, 07:45:10 PM

I suppose you're right! Let us know when you get around to doing that!

Atreyu
Nov 5th, 2005, 11:26:50 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Do you know what season that was in? I may buy that set just for that episode alone.

Season 6. BoxOfficeGuru posted a review of the DVD just a couple of weeks ago and it was mentioned:

http://www.boxofficeguru.com/sp6dvdreview.htm

(it was the 'Free Hat' episode that started off with Spielberg redoing ET for its 20th anniversary)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2005, 04:16:16 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
That you forgot about it just goes to show that I need to reeeaaally get on the ball with it ^_^;

considering there is only one comic for all of 2005....

;)