PDA

View Full Version : 'Superman' Hospitalized After Leap

Yog
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:00:18 AM
GRAZ, Austria - A man who claimed he was Superman and could fly was hospitalized early Tuesday after leaping from a fourth-floor window, authorities said.

Paramedics rushed the 23-year-old man to a hospital in the city of Graz, about 120 miles south of Vienna, after he jumped from a window and suffered head and back injuries, police said.

They said the man — who apparently had drunk several bottles of red wine before attempting the jump — appeared at the window ledge at around 4 a.m. and shouted: "I am Superman! Nothing can happen to me!"

The jumper, whose name was not released, landed on part of a lower section and roof, sparing him from more serious injuries, authorities said

-- <a href=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051026/ap_on_fe_st/austria_superman_leap>Associated Press</a>

:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:20:30 AM
He forgot to attach a tablecloth cape before attempting the jump - an obvious mistake probably caused by so many bottles of wine. :p

JMK
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:22:53 AM
The tablecloth was weighed down by all the bottles of wine.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:25:53 AM
:lol I'm just picturing the guy saying "I am Superman! Nothing can hurt me" and leaping and he sounds just like Arnold.

JMK
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:04:32 PM
I'm picturing his buddies sitting back and giggling their rear ends off!

"Dude! This is gonna be siiiiiick!"