PDA

View Full Version : StarWars Battlefront II

Khendon Sevon
Oct 23rd, 2005, 01:47:13 PM
As soon as this game comes out (Nov 1st), I'm forcing everyone in my dorm hall to buy it so we can play on LAN :)

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#GameInfo.news

Victor Crestmere
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:25:06 AM
Lol, it's going to be great! Doesn't the movie come out the same day as well?

Charley
Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:12:40 PM
This game is seriously fun on a monstrous scale, especially on space missions!

Zasz Grimm
Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:16:39 PM
I'm gonna have to rent it. I rented the first one twice; my room-mate and I had a blast playing it together. Will definitely check it out.

JMK
Nov 3rd, 2005, 01:01:47 PM
I hope it's a lot better than 1 because I really really didn't enjoy it.

Khendon Sevon
Nov 3rd, 2005, 08:07:19 PM
Did you not play it head-to-head? That might be why.

Just got the game yesterday. It's addicting.

Jedieb
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:48:34 AM
I'm having a blast with it as well. I don't think I'll ever go live and play online, I just don't have the time for that. But it's great handing that second controller off to the boy and cutting loose. Right now I'm playing the Rise of the Empire and I'm at the Death Star. Exploring those halls, detention centers, and docking bays is a trip. You can even take short cuts through trash compactors!

Khendon Sevon
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:09:09 AM
;) Yup, played that level yesterday, lots of fun! Right now I'm boarding the rebel blockade runner--it's tougher than the movies made it appear.

JMK
Nov 9th, 2005, 09:12:46 AM
No I never played online. Like Eb, I just don't have the time for online gaming. If I ever got hooked on that I'd be jobless, sleepless and homeless within a month. Eventually I'd become like that Korean kid who died in front of his computer screen from too much online gaming earlier this year.

Jedieb
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:11:52 AM
Originally posted by JMK
No I never played online. Like Eb, I just don't have the time for online gaming. If I ever got hooked on that I'd be jobless, sleepless and homeless within a month. Eventually I'd become like that Korean kid who died in front of his computer screen from too much online gaming earlier this year.

:lol

Of course I mean the jobless, homeless part is funny. :angel

Bloodcrest
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:04:44 PM
The first one was fun and I hope to play the second one soon. I have already heard that it is better so I plan on getting this game soon.

Jedieb
Dec 3rd, 2005, 10:05:18 PM
Has anyone played the Instant Action portion of the game? My son and I have just gotten into that these past couple of days. I'm not sure how it happened, but eventually we got to play the Hoth level as a Wampa! Running around b-slapping people left and right is one of the best parts of the whole game. You can even get to smack Wookies around. Sweeet.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 4th, 2005, 10:37:26 PM
How hard is it to unlock the heroes? And how is it controlling them? I was curious about that.

JMK
Dec 6th, 2005, 09:07:04 AM
I picked it up on saturday, it's better than the first one, but for whatever reason I'm not enamored with these games. They're kinda cool, and I especially like the dogfights in space, but otherwise I'm not overly impressed.

Jedieb
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:25:07 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
How hard is it to unlock the heroes? And how is it controlling them? I was curious about that.

I didn't think the game was that hard. I didn't start out with unlocking characters as a goal so I'm not really sure what I did to get access to certain characters. Hell, my boy figured out how to play as Vader and Force Choke people before I did. It can't be that tough.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:44:53 PM
I believe it depends on the map, time played on that map, and, occasionally, how many kills you have.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 27th, 2005, 06:08:00 PM
I got it for Christmas, played the first two levels. I do think it is easily better than the first one.

Jedieb
Jan 5th, 2006, 03:45:44 PM
Yesterday I saw the boy had learned how to get squadmates to cover him. Damn, I'm going to have to start asking for tips. :o

JMK
Jan 6th, 2006, 03:19:28 PM
I started playing it...but I haven't really done much yet. How did the boy get folks to cover him? All I've been able to do is get other guys to follow me, but they don't follow for long until they get shot up.

Lamar Starworth
Jan 29th, 2006, 09:11:34 PM
Seems like they are having an Expansion on this game. Saw it on www.starwars.com

Sqoine
Feb 15th, 2006, 09:13:36 AM
i figured out that if you go to instant action.. and pick map Mos Eisley, with game type assault. then everyone plays as a hero because its like an all hero battle.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 8th, 2009, 12:27:38 PM
THREAD NECROMANCY :partyhard

This was just released on Steam. I'm thinking of buying, since my old copy of the game seems to have vanished into the mists of time. Anyone think'd they'd be up for some multiplayer shenanigans?

Tear
Jul 8th, 2009, 02:08:13 PM
I do believe I have this game. If your playing let me know and ill have to install it. :)

Crusader
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:26:21 PM
I actually enjoyed the single player campaign of this game.

Peter McCoy
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:20:46 PM
Brilliant game - especially once you get enough frags and are able to spawn as the jetpack troopers. Space missions are also awesome. If it's on Steam, I'm getting it!

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:21:22 PM
Sweet. Think I'm picking it up too, so maybe we can arrange some games this weekend! :)

Peter McCoy
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:37:09 PM
I'm unavailable all day Saturday but free as a bird on Sunday.

Oooh, I remember a part in the Jedi Temple as a clone trooper on a two-legged assault walker, like a cut-down one-man AT-ST. It was a lot of fun unleashing carnage with it.

Ah, this (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Recon_Transport) is it!

Peter McCoy
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:55:01 AM
Okay, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 is installing right now. And I also bought Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - the best Indy game ever in my opinion.

Aaron Belargic
Jul 9th, 2009, 12:40:49 PM
Battlefront 2 downloading over here too :pirate

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 12th, 2009, 12:51:43 PM
There is nothing more satisfying than that little message saying the Jedi Knight has arrived to help with the end of the battle. Playing as Ki-Adi Mundi, you virtually fly when you sprint. Looks totally badass. :cool

Tear
Jul 13th, 2009, 12:45:26 AM
I'll have to install this so we can have a game Madam. Have at thee :twak

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 13th, 2009, 12:50:58 AM
In multiplayer, can you pick which Jedi hero to have on your team?

Dibs on Mace Windu :colbert

Peter McCoy
Jul 13th, 2009, 10:26:46 AM
There is nothing more satisfying than that little message saying the Jedi Knight has arrived to help with the end of the battle. Playing as Ki-Adi Mundi, you virtually fly when you sprint. Looks totally badass. :cool

I love the way the Jedi use force speed in this game. Each footstep just propels you forward.

Fomr some awesome fun, go to Instant Action mode and pick Mos Eisley as your level and Assault as the only game mode. Make sure both era's are selected. When you launch you'll have two sides to choose - Heroes or Villains. Just pick your favourite and let loose with UNLIMITED POWER!!!

Tear
Jul 15th, 2009, 09:50:17 PM
Okay installed this sucker. Had it for a long time but never once played it. Not too shabby. Flying in space takes a little gettin' used to.

When do you want your beat down Dasq?;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 17th, 2009, 11:02:36 AM
Fomr some awesome fun, go to Instant Action mode and pick Mos Eisley as your level and Assault as the only game mode. Make sure both era's are selected. When you launch you'll have two sides to choose - Heroes or Villains. Just pick your favourite and let loose with UNLIMITED POWER!!!

I have been absolutely lacing everyone as Darth Maul today.

>D