PDA

View Full Version : It's like when Obi-Wan confronted Anakin

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:23:22 PM
Oh my dear. Canucks go up against the Avalanche in about three hours. I think I might be sick.

Anyone else watching the game?

Charley
Oct 22nd, 2005, 05:24:10 PM
Hockey during football season?

No its the day of college football :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:02:25 AM
My husband recorded it. He's watching it right now.

We had to buy the hockey package today for Dish Network so he wouldn't miss it. Todd Bertuzzi ending up knocked about a bit/a lot would be nice but in a non goon fashion. I hope they caught him in a fair fight and beat the tar out of him.

The NHL letting him back is ridiculous.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:20:04 AM
Okay. :)

(there are gritted teeth behind that smiley)

... for the record, there have been far worse incidents than that of Bertuzzi and Moore, even in the AHL. And, if we're going to hope that someone gets roughed up, May better get his fair share and while we're at it Bettman. They all had a part in that whole situation.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:04:51 PM
:p Canucks won anyway.

And suspending him for the year that no one was playing anyway is silly, no matter what he did. Moore is never going to be able to come back to play, and he was a rookie just starting out on a promising career.

JMK
Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:51:45 PM
It is silly. I think he should have sat out a huge portion of this season too. The only reason he got back in is because the NHL wanted a fresh start and didn't want to have the continuing cloud of negativity that is the Moore/Bertuzzi incident hanging over the league. So they let him back in and hoped that the hype & buzz of the new brand of hockey would drown out the complaints. I guess they've had mixed results so far.

Darth McBain
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:55:31 PM
I watched it - the Avs actually made a game out of it, though it was too little too late. I think Bertuzzi should have a longer suspension. Its true that part of that is just the nature of the game that people get hurt, but the Bertuzzi incident was so premeditated and stuff like that shouldn't slide. On the other hand, I have him on my fantasy team, so if he's going to be allowed to play, I at least hope he puts up some decent numbers...

Go Avs!!! (Sorry Wyl) :)

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:00:34 AM
Originally posted by Darth McBain
the Bertuzzi incident was so premeditated...

No. Sorry. :)

Tear
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:09:20 AM
Bertuzzi's the MAN.

Av's suck! WOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:58:56 AM
I'm not going to comment on the "bertuzzi did not premeditate" thing, but I do think it's hilarious that Brad May who was the Canuck who called out for Steve Moore's head in the first place is now playing for the Avalanche. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:47:51 AM
The rematch last night in Denver seems to have gone well. :) We recorded it, so I'll probably catch some before we go to our WHL game tonight.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:51:09 PM
I can't believe I paid $10 for a magazine today; The Hockey News is so overpriced and so not worth it, but it's cheaper than getting cable. Sidenote/rant: will people just shut up about Sydney Crosby already? He's good, we get it. Stop puffing the kid up and let him prove his worth out on the ice.

Also, I have every confidence that the Canucks will beat the Avalanche tomorrow night. They always make good comebacks.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2005, 02:09:30 AM
:eek tough luck with the hit the Canuck defenseman laid on their goalie! The game is still unraveling on DVR for my hubby so at this point I dunno who won. :) The goalie didn't even know where he was when they helped him off the ice though. Wow.

Wyl Staedtler
Nov 1st, 2005, 02:43:20 AM
I know; Cloutier stayed overnight in the hospital Saturday night, and home doctors are checkin' him out now. Crawford said we should get more updates on Wednesday... hope everything is okay; we don't carry a third goalie around, which means if Cloutier is out for a while, we're a little screwed.

It'll be okay I think. Dan's a tough guy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2005, 12:29:45 PM
Oh, and Avs won that game. ;)

Tear
Nov 1st, 2005, 03:16:51 PM
Canucks let them. They felt sorry for the av's. Give em some wins gets their courage up.:p