PDA

View Full Version : Vikings in disarray

JMK
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:31:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2197320

They've been getting mentioned on an almost weekly basis it seems. They've become a total embarassment.

Tice has to share the blame in this. He's the coach, the one who is supposed to get in their heads and make them responsible pros, and he's failed. It's also on the players for being every bit the immature, poorly behaved lot that Oliver Stone presented to us in Any Given Sunday. Most people hate that flick for portraying on the negative side of athletes in sport, well, the Vikings are just that.

Yog
Oct 20th, 2005, 11:34:19 AM
Yeah, totally agree with you. The article writer is spot on. The Vikings are a total disaster right now. The "Love Boat" incident came at a time when it seemed things could not get any worse. Culpepper seems to be topping the "dud" list every week with all the interceptions, fumbles, sacks and low completion rate. His trade value is dropping like a rock. In my infinitive foolishness I traded Chad Johnson for Culpepper in one of the FF leagues I am playing at the start of the season. Man, did I regret that. The ironic thing is I am actually leading that league 5-1 and the most amount of points.

Right now, I would say the Vikings are the second weakest team in NFL next to Houston Texans. Thats pathetic for a team that was hyped preseason to fight for a spot in the SB.

Mike Tice really need to turn the ship around or risk getting fired.

This is off topic, but as a Norwegian, I found the following little bit of info interesting.. :)

One of Wilf's first acts as the new owner of the Vikings in June was to refurbish the decaying viking ship that marks the team's Winter Park training facility.

A few new planks and a fresh coat of paint restored the authentic replica from Norway to its former glory. In retrospect, it was a purely cosmetic exercise. For the Vikings' ship is listing badly -- considering all that has happened in the last six weeks, the franchise finds itself at arguably its lowest point in a rich 45-year history.

JMK
Oct 20th, 2005, 11:52:03 AM
The only reason why the owner has thrown his support behind Tice is because there's no suitable replacements for him at the moment! I'm sure he will be fired at the end of this season barring some kind of miraculous turnaround.