PDA

View Full Version : Writer's Forum Question

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2005, 11:21:29 AM
I would like to know how many people are there HERE that might be interested in a writers forum for struggling/beginning/aspiring writers? I am in no way saying that we're putting one in, it's just an idea that's been talked about by the staff and we'd like to know how many people would be interested in it.

The forum would be a place for people to post bits of the novel/play/script/short story that they're working on to get constructive criticism and feedback. Some of us are maturing/moving on from RPing and perhaps trying to become published. We could share in the difficulties and triumphs of finding a publisher, etc.

Please post if interested. Please don't post with questions, as this is only an idea at this point. Do post with suggestions if you have any, should we go forward with the Writer's Forum idea.

Droo
Oct 19th, 2005, 11:37:41 AM
If this were to happen, I'd never be away from SWForums. I'm behind this one hundred perctent!

And I'll start thinking up some suggestions for this, too.

Sanis Prent
Oct 19th, 2005, 11:42:20 AM
I am up for this completely, as my story stuff is dominating my free time nowadays.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 19th, 2005, 12:44:18 PM
This has my seal of approval.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=738392

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:03:02 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I hope to do a bit of novel-writing in my (limited) spare time, though it's more a hobby than a job. Anyway, this could be a great thing for prospective writers! I'm all for it.

Khendon Sevon
Oct 19th, 2005, 03:03:17 PM
This is a great idea! In fact, my buddy would probably spend more time posting his stories here than sending them to me for commenting ;)

And I'd be up for constructive criticism! It’s one of the best ways to grow as a writer :)

‘Course, I need to grow a lot more. I’d be posting like crazy to try and improve my lacking “skills.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2005, 04:18:13 PM
I'm also interested in it. :p I know I started the thread, but I'd also use the forum.

Dalamar DeSang
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:47:32 AM
I am also highly interested as almost all my stories eventually seem to tie into all the others I'm writing. Maybe I should just compile my posts and see if it sells? Anyway great idea? Mostly my dreams of the Past thread and My heart of the Dragon thread...Heck anyone could read those and start criticing me now... I would be interested in opinions?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:03:17 PM
Well you'd have to remove any and all reference to Star Wars, and other people's characters, but other than that it works. :)

Dalamar DeSang
Oct 23rd, 2005, 02:54:50 PM
Yes me and Marrina are already starting to do that... Also in my heart of the Dragon story there is hardly any mention of Star wars info... But yes you are right even so I will have to edit big time... Also I really liked!!! THE GENERAL DEVIOUS name... I will hate to have to give that up... :( But way to much star wars in that name...

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2005, 03:58:10 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me. I plan on taking a creative writing course during my spring semester, so it would help out a lot to have a place where my stuff could get proofread.

Victor Crestmere
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:12:04 AM
Lol, I actually just PM'ed that idea to the big guy himself XP. If I would have known of this thread the I would have just posted here instead, my bad.

I say yes! And what about poetry? I like to write some occasionally and wouldn't mind posting some of it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:54:43 AM
That would be defined as "writing" so yes.

Victor Crestmere
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:29:17 AM
Lol, That was more of a redundant statement then a question, but it's kool.

Mu Satach
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:48:29 PM
Fascinating idea.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:57:09 PM
Originally posted by Mu Satach
Fascinating idea.

But do you think you'd use it? ;)

Mu Satach
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:29:49 PM
I already use SW-fans as an online story bank.

My vPad contains poems, story snippets & a story rp that's going nowhere... so a forum would just mean you all could see what's already here. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:45:47 PM
Hooray :)

Well the idea is solidifying into a forum that is only visible to registered members. We'd attach some sort of visible 'all material copyrighted to its respective writers' notice up, just to cover our tushies.

I was thinking about making it a new forum on a trial basis as well, so if after three months (for example) it gets one post a week if that, then we'd simply close up shop.

Any other interest/thoughts? CMJ I know you've got a pet screenplay or two hiding somewhere. :)

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:55:12 PM
This would be too cool and exceptionally helpful.