PDA

View Full Version : New James Bond - Daniel Craig

Yog
Oct 14th, 2005, 02:38:41 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-10-12-new-bond_x.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4337224.stm

JMK
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:02:03 PM
A bit of a departure, and relatively unknown. I think it could be a colossal success or a disgusting failure. Personally a Bond movie is as good as the gadgets, bad guys and Bond girls...so I won't let an unproven Bond get to me yet.

Jedieb
Oct 14th, 2005, 03:09:48 PM
I think he's a bit underwhelming. Probably the least handsome Bond ever cast. But like JMK said, it all depends on the gadgets, bad guys, and girls so it can still work. I was a big Brosnan fan since his Remington Steele days so I'm still sad to see him go.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 14th, 2005, 06:28:40 PM
Yeah they went with two realtively unknown befores, Moore and Dalton weren't big stars when they took the job. Of course the Dalton movies were horrible.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2005, 06:37:17 PM
hehe I was reading the first article and I thought they called it the 'Blond franchise.'

sirdizzy
Oct 14th, 2005, 07:48:24 PM
ummm if you are anything of a film buff at all he is not an unknown. He was absolutly marvelous in Layer Cake (same produced as snatch and lock stock and two smoking barrells). He had a more mainstream part in the Tomb Raider sequel as well as the Jacket (the Jacket is another awesome movie you should see).

Great choice in my opinion, I really like him and he fits the part well.

Jedieb
Oct 14th, 2005, 08:03:33 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
hehe I was reading the first article and I thought they called it the 'Blond franchise.'

:lol

Droo
Oct 15th, 2005, 06:25:53 PM
I think he will be a great Bond. Something tells me he will be a much more cold and intimidating Bond - just look at those eyes! I loved Pierce Brosnan but with the last two Bond films the stories were camper than ever and just painfully over the top in some parts. Although that was a director/writer problem and had nothing to do with Brosnan as Bond.

However, something tells me that Daniel Craig wont be camping it up much. I think we'll feel a significant absence of the cheesey, yet classic, Bond quips and get a much grittier slice of shaken not stirred.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 15th, 2005, 07:19:27 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah they went with two realtively unknown befores, Moore and Dalton weren't big stars when they took the job. Of course the Dalton movies were horrible.

No they aren't. Both are pretty solid outings for the franchise. He doesn't have any chart toppers like Connery (From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice) or Moore (Octopussy, the Spy Who Loved Me, Moon Raker) but he also doesn't have their lemons (Diamonds are Forever & Dr. No, and Live and Let Die, The Man With the Golden Gun)

I fancy him every bit as good a Bond as Roger Moore was, and leagues above Lazenby.

Originally posted by Droo
I think he will be a great Bond. Something tells me he will be a much more cold and intimidating Bond - just look at those eyes! I loved Pierce Brosnan but with the last two Bond films the stories were camper than ever and just painfully over the top in some parts. Although that was a director/writer problem and had nothing to do with Brosnan as Bond.

However, something tells me that Daniel Craig wont be camping it up much. I think we'll feel a significant absence of the cheesey, yet classic, Bond quips and get a much grittier slice of shaken not stirred.

Which would be a Bond of a Timothy Dalton pedigree, I think.

Jedieb
Oct 15th, 2005, 07:50:20 PM
I like Timothy Dalton, but both his Bond films were snoozers. They didn't register with the public very much when they were released. I just don't think they knew what to do with the character at the time. I mean, Bond going after a drug dealer who fed Felix to a shark at his wedding? All the while acting moody and sad? :zzz

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 18th, 2005, 07:25:01 AM
I liked Lazenby's Bond :mad

Sanis Prent
Oct 18th, 2005, 07:40:26 AM
You don't count.

Jedieb
Oct 18th, 2005, 08:12:11 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
I liked Lazenby's Bond :mad

I don't dislike him as much as most people. But the guy was kind of stiff. It was certainly an important Bond film considering he got married.