PDA

View Full Version : A Thief's New Life(Kyashi)

Skye Connan
Oct 14th, 2005, 06:31:51 AM
The market place, a spot where the common folk gather, shop, and celebrate. Today happened to be the biggest festival of the year. People came from all over the planet to listen to local music, eat, drink, and dance. All types of aliens would show up, from Bith’s to Ithorians. Small bands would play in the city square, as the day went on more people drifted in to watch. It was the best Skye could hope for, the more people the more pockets to pick.

The sun had just started setting making Skye’s crimson highlights shimmer in her nearly black hair. She sat on a permacrete wall, watching the different festival goers pass. She wore a dark chocolate brown skirt that extended just below her knees. Along with her skirt she wore a form fitting sand tan shirt. The neckline hugged her upper arms, leaving her shoulders bare. Two small slits were cut in the long sleeves of her shirt, which revealed slightly tanned skin. On her feet she was simple mahogany sandals with wheat white trim along the ankles. Her innocent smile and large hazel eyes hardly resembled the thief she was.

She couldn’t help but grin at a group of teenagers her age pass by her. They were alive with excitement, she could tell by the way they giggled and waved their newly purchased items at each other. One thing Skye knew all these people had in common, was credits. All of them had money to spare yet weren’t willing to give any away, Skye knew from experience.

Skye waited a while longer, during which the last few tourists came into the square for the final band of the evening. Smiling to herself, Skye picked up her bag and slid from her spot and into the awaiting crowd. Her strides were even and filled with confidence. Her elbow length hair flowed down her back and around her shoulders like silk. The music started and Skye spotted the group of teenagers from earlier. She slowly danced her way over to the group. There were three girls and the same number of boys, easy and unsuspecting. One girl had a bag similar to Skye’s. The music continued to get louder and the tempo increased, Skye was mere feet from the girl. Unexpectedly Skye was ‘bumped’ by a nearby partier causing her to collide with the teenage girl. Both girls fell on the ground as well as their bags. Quickly Skye scrambled to her feet and rushed to pick up both bag’s. The girls friends had helped her to her feet by the time Skye picked up the second bag.

“Oh my…I’m so so sorry. I was pushed. I didn’t mean, too.” Skye explained cowering slightly as she handed a bag to the girl. The girl snatched ‘her’ bag from Skye’s hand and glared.

“Well make sure it doesn’t happen again. Someone as superior as me shouldn’t be touched by you common folk.” Skye wanted to laugh but instead put on a look of fake admiration.

“Wow, I wish I was as lucky as you.” Her eye’s sparkling. The girl smirked.

“Doesn’t everybody? Now get out of my sight, wench.” Skye nodded and threw in a small curtsey for good measure before taking off through the crowd.

Pushing through what seemed to be endless dancing bodies; Skye was able to find the bar. Taking a seat, she smiled at herself then at the girl’s bag in her lap. Skye opened the bag and searched through it, she pulled out many cosmetic items(which she had no use for) and a few credit chips. Any further searching was delayed but a shriek.

“THAT PEASENT STOLE MY BAG!!” More shouts started to rise from the teenagers group. Skye stood to run.

“THERE SHE IS!!” The hysterical voice of the girl pierced Skye’s ears. With that she ran, right out of the square.

Skye had made mistakes before but none like this, she wore the most unreasonable clothing in order to run and she didn’t get far enough away from the square before checking out the bag. Now she was forced to run, but where she didn’t know. Skye could hear the girl screaming at the guards to find ‘the wench’ that stole her bag, but her friends already found her.

“THERE!” One of the other girls yelled as she pointed at Skye’s running figure. Skye disappeared behind a building, trying to speed up, with no luck. She could hear the girls screams were joined by the guard’s shouts. Skye stumbled and almost fell, her skirt once again catching on her knees. The footsteps behind her grew louder and faster. She couldn’t afford to go to prison again. As she ran hope drained out of her... Force, help me.” she screamed mentally.

Just after, she found herself being jerked into a darkened alleyway between to permacrete buildings. She was slammed against a wall with such force that she cried out. A hand silenced her and by the sound of it the guards were just passing. Skye stared strait ahead at the darkened figure in front of her, she couldn’t see its face in the darkness but of some reason she felt no fear. The hand gently fell away from Skye’s mouth and she continued to stare at the darkened figure in front of her.

Sudoku
Oct 14th, 2005, 10:24:56 PM
"They just keep getting stranger...." was his first thought as he pulled the girl into the alleyway. A sigh slipped out as he leaned against the wall.

"You know, there are better things to do with your time then steal."

A smile appeared, his teeth glinting in the dim light that filtered into the alley. If Skye squinted, she could make out some of the boys' features - dark shaggy hair hanging in his face, clothes that would not stand out in a crowd. He waved a hand in front of her face, as if to wake her from her staring trance.

"Well, say something."

Skye Connan
Oct 15th, 2005, 07:50:59 AM
Skye shook her head, trying to make sense on what just happened. Had he just saved her? Skye was shocked she never expected that to happen. She was asking herself mental questions; she almost didn’t notice the boy talking to her except for the fact he was waving a hand in front of her face.

“Wh-what? Oh, umm…” She stumbled over words to find. “I just…ahh…never believed someone would help me.” She must have sounded cliché but it was true she never in her life had someone help her.

“Ah, your right, stealing isn’t glamorous but it’s what keeps me alive these days.” Skye’s eyes widened and clasped a hand over her mouth. Did she just tell him that? Keeping her mouth shut was one of her biggest weaknesses, it was half the reason she went to prison the first time.

“Well, thanks I guess but I really should be on my way.” She pulled the stolen bag over her shoulder and tried to take a step out of the gap between the two buildings…

Sudoku
Oct 15th, 2005, 09:32:45 PM
And she found her feet unable to move. Kyashis' subtle telekinetic grip on her legs kept her from leaving.

"You know, you don't have to steal to survive. I can show you a much simpler way, if you'll let me," He practically purred as he came up behind her, his breath brushing gently against her ear. "What do you say?"

Skye Connan
Oct 16th, 2005, 05:52:38 PM
Confusion hit Skye full force when her legs failed to move. What was happening? She wanted to scream. His words echo within her head, bouncing back and forth. Her whole life revolved around stealing ever since her father kicked her out when she was sixteen. The fist couple of nights she stayed on the streets eating anything she could find. She slept on doorsteps of big and small buildings; maybe she would sleep in a dark alley wall.

His voice sent chills up her spine as he spoke to her. Skye shudder and fear wadded in her stomach when she felt his warm breath on her ear and neck. She tired once again to move her legs but failed, her legs were useless. However his offer was tempting, she was tired of living off other people money and she was sick of sleeping on the streets.

There wasn’t anything more Skye wanted to do than live a some-what normal life without much risk. Skye mentally shrugged; alright she would play along for now. She turned her head slightly over her shoulder to see the boy’s face mere inches away.

“What do you have in mind, Mr.........?”

Sudoku
Oct 16th, 2005, 10:08:36 PM
"Sudoku."

The grip on her legs loosened, slipping away like a slinking cat. He stayed close behind her, sensing her fear as she shuddered.

"You have nothing to be afraid of, Skye. I won't allow any harm to come to you."

Skye Connan
Oct 17th, 2005, 06:27:55 AM
When the words left his mouth she instantly felt a strange wave of comfort come over her. The feeling was different but she knew she had felt it before but when was oblivious to her.

“Sudoku…” She smiled to herself as she found her legs able to move again. She turned to face him, her back to the opening of the alley. Her eyes had now adjusted to the darkness so she saw his features more or less clearly. His skin was oddly pale which clashed almost perfectly with his dark hair. She didn’t think he looked much like a ‘Sudoku’ but she wouldn’t press the matter. She smiled innocently.

“I might be interested, first tell me what you have in store for me.” She kept her voice barely above a whisper.

Sudoku
Oct 17th, 2005, 04:13:32 PM
He waved a finger at her, "tsking" her. "Now now, if I told you that, it would ruin the surprise. You simply have to decide - to stay here, and lead the life you've always known, or come with me and see what that life can offer you."

Skye Connan
Oct 17th, 2005, 05:13:21 PM
Skye couldn’t believe it; he was treating her like a child, he look her age or maybe older. She stuck her tongue out at him and glared playfully. If he treated her like a child she would act like one. She pulled her bag closer to her side. She didn’t want to live like a street rat anymore or sleep in the streets. And she was tired to stealing most of all. Her childishness formed into seriousness.

“Alright, Sudoku, have it your way, I’ll go with you…” She half smiled “Please don’t disappoint me.”

Sudoku
Oct 19th, 2005, 10:14:13 AM
He offered her his arm, gesturing for them to leave the alley together. Any guards that may be looking for her were still running in the opposite direction as they headed back towards the square.

Skye Connan
Oct 19th, 2005, 08:05:32 PM
Skye smiled and linked her arm with Suduko’s. They walked out from the alley and headed back the direction she had recently come from. Honestly she didn’t know where they were going but for some reason she trusted Suduko. When they hit the square a small twinge of fear hit her. What if the girl and her buds were still there? Would they see her? What would she do if the did see her? Why was she so damn scared? She shifted in her nervousness and turned her head towards Suduko’s shoulder to face away from the crowd around them.

“Now will you tell me where we're going?” She muttered to Suduko while flipping her hair to cover the side of her face from any viewing eyes.

Sudoku
Oct 19th, 2005, 09:38:07 PM
"We're going to enjoy ourselves during this celebration."

He lead her into the center of the square. They were completely surrounded by the bustling sounds and crowds of the festival. He took her by the hand, spinning her around, grinning.

"Cmon, you know how to have fun, right?"

Skye Connan
Oct 20th, 2005, 08:27:41 PM
“Unless you call stealing and living off others, fun…” She paused as he spun her again “then no I don’t know how to have fun…” She wasn’t really afraid of him knowing this about her but she did feel better when she said it out loud. Skye didn’t know why but Suduko made her feel better, she guessed that you could call it hope but who knew if there was such a thing.

She skirt flew around her legs every time he spun her; to her surprise he was quite the dancer. All the songs they had danced to her fast paced and energetic. When a slower song came, she immediately pulled back.

“Umm, how ‘bout a drink, I-I’m sure these credit chips are worth s-something…” She sputtered as she spoke. Was she embarrassed?

Sudoku
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:46:58 PM
"I don't really drink."

His manner was casual - considering what transpired between them, and what he was, it just seemed...odd. Anyone who saw them would just assume they were young people out for a night of fun, exactly how Kyashi wanted it to appear.

"We can get one for you though, if you like."

Skye Connan
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:16:25 PM
“You surprise me, Sudoku…” Skye shifted the bag to her other shoulder. “I thought you were the partying type.” She smiled and took his hand in hers.

“Come on, there has to be something you want for saving my life, I mean you are my hero and all.” Skye smirked at her own words. She was willing to do something for Sudoku, he earned it, as long as it was reasonable.

Sudoku
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:42:38 PM
"There is, but you'll have to give it to me later."

A chesire grin lazily slipped onto his lips as she took his hand in hers.

Skye Connan
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:16:47 PM
Skye rolled her eyes and chuckled slightly. “You and your secrets.” She gently pulled herself a little closer to him. She felt somewhat more comfortable with Sudoku. She smiled as started dancing in rhythm with the slow paced music. Maybe a faster one would come up soon.

“When is later exactly, Sudoku? Not that your little games aren’t fun and all.”

Sudoku
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:40:23 PM
"When you join me on Corellia. With the others."

Sure, he was playing the cryptic Darksider, but why should he tell her (or anyone else for that matter) all of his plans? The Force was guiding him, and that was enough to satisfy the young man.

"It will be a few days from now, so I suggest you start packing."

Skye Connan
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:35:02 AM
Skye was shocked; she hadn’t expected to go with him anywhere. She thought for a minute. Corellia did seem better than this sand storm of a planet. It would give her a new chance to live a happier life, maybe do something better with herself. It did seem like a better deal than here but Skye still had her doubts.

“What makes you so sure that I will go with you?”

Sudoku
Oct 30th, 2005, 08:39:32 AM
He shrugged.

"I don't. The Force does, and it's what brought me here. Plus," he slipped a hand around her waist. "I'd hate to have come all this way and leave empty handed."

Skye Connan
Oct 30th, 2005, 10:02:11 AM
“I bet you would.” She muttered more to herself than to him. Skye sighed, she was confused and tempted. She didn’t like either of those two feelings. Why of all times would someone find her now? She had been on her own for at least six years and spent two in a solitary confinement for troubled teenagers. Strangely the offer was more appealing than not. She felt like it was right to go with Sudoku, she wanted to get a different start in life and she help like he could help her.

Skye shook her head; she couldn’t believe she was going to say this. “Alright, I’ll go with you. I don’t get it feels so…right, this feeling is starting to freak me out a little.” She rubbed her temples with her hand as if trying to make this all add up.

Sudoku
Oct 30th, 2005, 10:42:23 PM
"Skye, sweetie, I told you, I won't let anything bad happen. I promise."

He pulled her arms down, her hands away from her temples and smiled wider.

"Now, first things first, how would like to have a little fun with some of the locals?"

Skye Connan
Oct 31st, 2005, 06:44:57 AM
Skye raised her eyebrows and returned the smile.

“What did you have in mind, Sudoku?” Even as she smiled she didn’t know if she would like his proposition.

Sudoku
Nov 1st, 2005, 10:42:32 PM
With a slight flick of his wrist, several of the dancers flipped, landing on their backsides. Many confused looks and squeals of surprise followed.

"Something like that, maybe? I don't know, you're the expert in causing trouble here, not me."

Skye Connan
Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:09:05 AM
Skye’s own face contorted into confusion and surprise. Yeah, she knew of the Force from past experiences. But she did her best to avoid it and/or people who could use it. She stepped back a ways from Sudoku and put a hand up as a defensive action. Her other hand was clasped tightly to her bag at her side.

“How do you expect me to do that?” She glanced at some of the dancers who had not yet recovered.

“I’m not exactly a person who can use the Force…” Well that was half true. She may have touched the Force a few times in her life, but she was unsure when it had happened.

Sudoku
Nov 4th, 2005, 12:13:32 AM
"Just do it."

To him, the Force was a constant. It was always there, and always ready to bend to his will. It was also there to act as a guide, or so he thought, anyway.

"Reach out, and find the girl who sent those guards after you. It's easy. I know you can do it, Skye."

Skye Connan
Nov 21st, 2005, 10:18:39 AM
Skye hung her head and sighed, it seemed she didn’t have a choice in the matter. She glanced up at Sudoku before slowly closing her eyes, she breathing became slow and deep. She felt a small familiar sensation caress her mind, almost as a soft blanket was wrapping around all her senses. Before she knew what she was doing, her mind starting racing, and a vision like scene of the square flickered its way across her closed eyelids. She focused on one thing…the girl. It repeated in her head over and over again; the vision started weaving through the crowd. The vision was strange, only the outlines of the partygoers were shown and by a thin vibrant white line other wise everything else was grey. It stopped in various spots; teenagers, elderly, the band’s, and…Sudoku and her, but the image changed again, weaving in and out of the crowd.

Finally, it came to a rest at the bar. The girl was seated in a bar stool, her friends in a half circle on either side of her. She seemed to be a bit ‘tipsy’ apparently she had drunk herself into a living, breathing, coma. The girl laughed and tipped back onto on leg of the stool. Skye smiled in her trace state. She pushed all her energy into the pit of her stomach. Focusing on the stool on which the girl sat. In one quick moment, she let all her energy build-up go. In the vision, girl’s stool leg broke and the girl came crashing down on the table behind her. Skye chuckled and the vision disappeared.

Her eyes fluttered open to the sound of screaming on the other side of the square. She immediately felt dizzy, like she had just been drain of energy. She staggered and grabbed hold on the stage edge to steady herself. Her breathing was rigid and harsh.

“I don't feel so great.” She felt like collapsing.

OOC: Sorry been out of it.