PDA

View Full Version : Peter Mayhew No Longer An Alien!

Rutabaga
Oct 12th, 2005, 06:16:33 PM
:)

'Chewbacca' actor to become U.S. citizen

SUZANNE GAMBOA

Associated Press

WASHINGTON - A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, a Wookiee named Chewbacca growled and howled his way through "Star Wars" movies. On Monday, the actor who played him will take the oath to become an American citizen.

British-born Peter Mayhew will be among 441 people from 77 countries who will become naturalized Americans in a ceremony in Arlington, Texas.

Mayhew, 60, played the fur-covered warrior Chewbacca in the original "Star Wars" trilogy of the 1970s and 1980s, and the latest movie, "Episode III: Revenge of the Sith."

"I got married to a Texan lady. That more or less decided it," said Mayhew, who has been married to his wife, Angelique, for six years.

In most cases, an immigrant must be a legal permanent resident for five years before becoming a citizen. The wait is three years if the person marries a U.S. citizen. He also must pass history, English and civics exams.

"I've always been interested in the cowboys and the history of the West and the history of America, so it wasn't so bad," Mayhew said in a telephone interview Wednesday. He was being driven by his wife to buy a suit for the occasion. It will be the conventional type - not the brown, furry sort.

"I am feeling very happy about it," Mayhew said. "Whatever people say about America, it is still one of the most wonderful countries in the world, despite the politics, religion and everything else that goes on."

"I know that I have the best of both worlds with the dual nationality," he said.

When he takes his oath to become an American, Mayhew said he'll recite what he can remember and "it will be a Chewie growl for the other parts."

JMK
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:41:57 AM
Good for him! :)

Jedieb
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:24:09 AM
Wait a minute, how the hell can a Wookie and a human woman mate? Wouldn't he tear the poor woman apart? Disgusting!

BUFFJEDI
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:09:17 AM
Ebs,that's just nasty>_< >_< :lol >_< >_<

Telan Desaria
Oct 16th, 2005, 03:26:02 PM
Perhaps but think, if they are two meters tall just imagine the...dimensions.......

BUFFJEDI
Oct 16th, 2005, 06:21:23 PM
I shutter too think :eek

JMK
Oct 16th, 2005, 06:26:16 PM
Ah Buff...it's nice to see you around again...

BUFFJEDI
Oct 16th, 2005, 06:32:05 PM
Thanks JMK, it's nice to be back around again. Hopefully I will have time and be at home(N.C) more often than the last couple of years. Well, actually I'm sure I will with my Padawan(sp) on the way I'm pretty sure of it. But you never know were the lord will lead you so.....

JMK
Oct 16th, 2005, 07:20:28 PM
So fill us in on your recent adventures.

What's the great Buffjedi been up to all this time?

Darth McBain
Oct 16th, 2005, 09:18:35 PM
Hey Buff - long time no see!!! I've been kinda AWOL myself lately - busy busy busy... What's been happening with you?

Jedieb
Oct 17th, 2005, 10:19:15 AM
HE'S BACK!!!!!! DA MAN IS BACK TO PUT THE GIRLIE MEN OF SWFANS.NET IN THEIR PLACE! REJOICE!!!! :crack

http://a40.g.akamai.net/7/40/2718/77d26bb7155473/www.lifetimetv.com/images/shows/golden/bios/gg_bio_bea3.jpg
I missed you Buff. ;)

BUFFJEDI
Oct 17th, 2005, 10:47:10 AM
I know it may sound sappy and all but I have actually missed you guys. Now I know that may sound silly seeing as how I have only communicated with you all via, the interenet but still you guy's are special. (well I did talk to JmK once) but anyway good to be back. Thanks for the for the pic Ebs, I had actually forgotten just how FINE THAT WOMAN IS :rollin :rollin , whew, she too much for mortal man to handle :smokin

What have I been up too, well I’ll keep it brief so as not to highjack this thread. I’ve been doing some missionary work here and abroad. As some of you may remember I got married had moved and was actually a police officer for a short while and while doing so actually got a couple of very small parts in some films, making decent money (of course in different stretches). I started to feel that my life was on the right track I was doing what I wanted making money, enjoying life but yet I still felt like something was missing like there was more to life than vain, selfish look at me things. I knew I was a worthless piece of trash although I wouldn’t admit it to myself, on the outside it looked as if I was on top of the world while on the inside I was miserable. I finally realized what I was missing. Although I have always known the lord and at times I thought I was living for him, but the key word is thought, I so wasn’t. I finally realized what I was missing , left the things that I knew and have not looked back. I started doing some local missionary work and finally traveled abroad to a few third world country’s helped out building homes, planting crops, all the things you basically see on T.V. I decided to follow the lord (not man) to where ever he leads me. There are times admittedly that I second guess what is set out before me and I as anyone stumble and fall but he is always there to pick me up. Sadly, as stated before the Old Buffjedi sometimes rears his ugly head but I always know that I’m forgiven. I’m now back in N.C, we are expecting our first child; two things that if you told be would happen I would have laughed at. Well that’s basically what I have been up to. Not very interesting but thus far has been very rewarding

So Mcbain, jmk, eb(s) what have you three scoundrals been up too???

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2005, 11:15:11 AM
Wow, good for you Buff. :) Glad to see you around, and congrats on the little Padawan on the way!

Bea has obviously missed seeing you around these parts. ;)

(and what movies were you in?)

JMK
Oct 17th, 2005, 11:50:26 AM
Buff, that sounds anything but uninteresting. Where abroad did you go?

Here's what I've been up to since you left:
Working. Playing & coaching softball. Buying Star Wars toys.

That's pretty much it. It's great to have you back in the mix! :D

Darth McBain
Oct 17th, 2005, 12:12:04 PM
Yeah, I would hardly call that uninteresting. Good for you for following your heart. I've just been working a lot... As usual, corporate deadlines wait for no man... :(

Glad you're around...

Jedieb
Oct 17th, 2005, 04:31:39 PM
I've been shortchanging the future of my three children by letting Revenge of the Sith sink me further and further into debt. The kids will just have to settle for community college because Daddy had to have his toys. I'm in Middle School now teaching 6th grade Math. The Sugar Momma is still hot, my two girls get more adorable every day, and the boy is going to be Darth Vader for Halloween this year. In other words, things are so perfect it makes me want to spit.