PDA

View Full Version : Group Idea

Sprocket Gearhead
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:25:33 AM
I'm thinking of creating or founding an IC non-forum group. It is based or starts on the lower sections, but is not limited to, of Coruscant. The group is either homeless, nomadic, or survivalist individuals who come to call themselves "The Strays." Are you an outcast of any groups, or a blacksheep in a sea of whitesheep? Join the Strays.

At least, that's the idea. Any expansion on this idea, opinions or such are quite welcome, being that this idea is in planning. Maybe someone could help me narrow down or expand the scope of the idea a bit. I'm open. HIT ME!

Telan Desaria
Oct 9th, 2005, 04:46:12 PM
Be prepared to be hunted by Imperial security patrols - Coruscant is the capital, you know.

Good luck!!!!

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Oct 9th, 2005, 06:29:25 PM
Hey, if this idea ever gets official, I'll start up a new character and help it out... it'll need members to grow, you know! Just PM me when you're ready to get going.

Belay Nisi
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:06:46 PM
I'm interested. Definately be cool with joining, kinda fits my character nicely.

Bandage
Oct 10th, 2005, 04:49:34 AM
*Is Sprocket*

The idea is not really that Force Sensitivity is a requirement, but it would improve the chances of survival. But note that it would not be lead by either of these characters. Most likely, I'll be creating a character strictly for the group.

The essential idea is to survive and thrive using strength in numbers. And this survive and thrive deal is kinda universal, allowing others from either lighter or darker backgrounds to band together. It's not complete harmony, but it's more of a matter of teamwork for survival. I'm glad there's some interest.....Anyone else have any ideas?

Akrabbim
Oct 10th, 2005, 10:29:18 AM
Well, Akrabbim's on Coruscant, but he's going to be quite busy keeping himself under the radar and doing other stuff... but he want to say hey now and again to see if yall'd be willing to help smuggle info out to the rebellion...

Akrabbim
Oct 10th, 2005, 01:22:20 PM
Actually, I did think up an idea to get Akrabbim in touch with the floundering Jedi. Also, he could try to recruit some Force users into his pack o' insurgents. Any takers, or interest in general? It'd give him an excuse to train a few of them.

Ula Tam
Oct 10th, 2005, 02:32:46 PM
:wave

(not with Ula though)

Akrabbim
Oct 11th, 2005, 04:12:03 PM
Excellent. The way I see it going down, if you join Akrabbim's little crusade, your characters could see some action on Coruscant. Otherwise, they'll still get some training. Anyone else up for it?

Wil Mienstrire
Oct 11th, 2005, 05:18:35 PM
On Coruscant? A group of force users affiliated with the rebels? This is against the Empire? On Coruscant? Interesting...

Joe
Oct 11th, 2005, 07:18:15 PM
This sounds like fun. I'd like to join, if you'll take me :)

Lamar Starworth
Oct 11th, 2005, 09:11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ula Tam
:wave

(not with Ula though)

Me too.

Sudoku
Oct 11th, 2005, 10:37:48 PM
Originally posted by Wil Mienstrire
On Coruscant? A group of force users affiliated with the rebels? This is against the Empire? On Coruscant? Interesting...

You are my real American Hero Wil ;)

Good luck with your group, Sprocket.

Akrabbim
Oct 12th, 2005, 02:24:12 PM
The idea I was talking about is basically to get more insurgents on the inside of the Empire. The idea was to get them jobs as servants to the higher ups, if possible. It'd take time, but it might work. So, Sprocket, want me to start a thread? PM me with any info...

Tear
Oct 12th, 2005, 02:29:33 PM
Originally posted by Wil Mienstrire

Not to be a party pooper or anything but how? Of all places to stage the gathering of a Jedi group why would you do it on Coruscant? Its the Imperial homeworld not to mention its the base for Imperial Intelligence and the base of the Inquisitoriate who've made it their mission to hunt down Jedi.

Its like Al queda trying to sneak into the pentagon. Sure sounds good in theory and hell thats pretty much the goal but you think some scruffy terrorists are going to get in? I seriously doubt it.

I think everyones forgetting the fact that the worlds under martial law at the moment and even getting to set foot onto the planet is a feat in itself.

Why dont you guys start on a planet more feasible with the goal of eventually making enough connections and contacts to GET to coruscant. Starting from some other major hub less effected by the Empire and work your way up.

Akrabbim
Oct 12th, 2005, 06:24:37 PM
My character DID figure a way to get on planet.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39042
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39227

The other characters were likely there already. My character, to my knowledge, is the only one who tries to get into Coruscant during the lockdown itself. As for the others, they're just Force sensitive, and have kinda figured it out by themselves. They don't have any training or anything, so it's not like they're in the records as Force users. Second, Coruscant is HUGE, and the underbelly, where the buildings actually start getting near the ground itself, is completely ignored by the Imps. That's confirmed in a buttload of the books, etc. It's not like the whole planet is literally crawling with Imps. There are billions and billions of people on the planet. An unknown Force user would kinda disappear. Also, we're not trying to collapse the Empire. We're trying to cause a bit of trouble, steal info, etc. That was the same way that the Death Star plans were discovered. A bunch of unknown people getting grunt work shouldn't raise any flags.

So, any more questions, sparky?

Joe
Oct 12th, 2005, 09:08:24 PM
Um, from what I gathered from Sprocket/Bandage's posts, it wasn't exactly some force insurgent group or connected to anyone - it was just a gang of outcasts who happened to have a few mild force users in their numbers.

I can see a gang rising out of this that would give Black Sun a bit to think about .

Akrabbim
Oct 12th, 2005, 10:02:12 PM
Exactly. This would be more a bothersome thorn than a juggernaut.

Y'roth Helghast
Oct 12th, 2005, 10:57:03 PM
Hmmm, a good example of this rests in that a high ranking official was discovered to be assisting the rebel movement, and in return, the Empire blew up her planet. I wouldn't say we consider much of anything drastic after that demonstration.

An idea all too similar to this was brought up and it has been discussed before. And more or less negotiated otherwise to do obvious circumstances. A group of force adepts is more likely to be discovered than a group of vagrants. Two ideas were introduced, Bandage's group of vagrants and Akrabbim's group of freedom fighters, entailing the training and the use of the force.

And if the Imps aren't interested in the bottom levels of Coruscant, that probably means they aren't there. The second a group of force adepts hits the surface though, its inviting a system sized military of genocidal Imps on the group. This relates back to what Tear said. And if you had a group of force adepts on Coruscant, they would have to originate from the lower depths. Martial law means martial law to a certain degree, and with the death of the Empire, and a noted revival of jedi flavor in there with the now deceased Skywalker, everyone's on their toes. I don't really see too many people with shady backgrounds and high medichlorien levels getting through customs without a bit of processing and tracking there.

A bit of grunt work actually does raise flags with the Inquisitoriate nowadays. The Empire is in a bit of a reel and what better to stabalize it than remove all noted threats we can? Not to mention a whiff of anything involving the force will aptly call for a response from the Inquisitoriate, as has been noted. And that wasn't even initially aggressive. And stealing info... say like the Death Star plans, was a step in the attempt to collapse the Empire. We're interested in preventing those steps from occuring before it gets to the attempt of collapse phase.

The situation seems more common sense than necessary to explain really and starting on a not so notably Imperial dominant planet would make more sense, especially if you just want to be a thorn in its side for the moment.

Joe
Oct 13th, 2005, 06:30:57 AM
Originally posted by Y'roth Helghast
The situation seems more common sense than necessary to explain really and starting on a not so notably Imperial dominant planet would make more sense, especially if you just want to be a thorn in its side for the moment.

Whatever happened to two or more RPers working through a storyline? Fans has always been a place for people to develop their characters, tell an engaging story, and share that storytelling experience with others.

Nitpicking such as this detracts from the general experience and discourages RPers. Instead of saying 'this won't work because of X', why don't you remain open to the suggestion since it's quite apparent people want to go this route. Things like this and Dae's idea give the Imperials more chances to RP with a broader scope of people as well as allow creative storytelling and intruiging character development.

This 'start on a less watched planet' situation would be common sense if we were in the real world. But we're not. We're on a roleplaying board where people want to write with each other. I see no reason why this little gang can't be on Coruscant. After all, I do believe Black Sun operates on Coruscant, unless I grossly misread Shadows of the Empire.

Sanis Prent
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:08:44 AM
I've always wanted to work on a "behind enemy lines" kind of thing a la the French Resistance. It makes more than enough sense for it to be based in imperial territory. The Imps are not omniscient.

Khendon Sevon
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:47:24 AM
I think this could really be an interesting story :) Coruscant is perfect, too. The more people there are the easier it is to hide.

Akrabbim
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:58:41 AM
Exactly... the number of people would make that more than possible. And, as I recall, the Imps don't know how to test for midichlorians (which we don't acknowledge, if I'm not mistaken), and, in the Wraith Squadron books, for example, normal humans snuck onto a Imp dominated Coruscant without too much trouble. Yes, they may be in a lockdown of sorts, but this isn't JUST after the Death Star destruction. They'd have to start letting SOME people in, or business and such wouldn't function.

And I'm still lost as to how an unknown kid or two with no record would raise any eyebrows trying to get a grunt work job with the Imps. They're not psychic.

So, who's still up for a thread? Sprocket, you still in?

Y'roth Helghast
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:04:53 AM
This 'start on a less watched planet' situation would be common sense if we were in the real world. But we're not. We're on a roleplaying board where people want to write with each other. I see no reason why this little gang can't be on Coruscant. After all, I do believe Black Sun operates on Coruscant, unless I grossly misread Shadows of the Empire.

The situational realism thing was something I thought to strive for? And I don't think it would deny them the chance to rp with anyone, just make more sense. Dae's group easily worked around it.

And if you read Shadows of the Empire, then you also see Prince Xizor is real buddy buddy with the Emperor. The two organizations worked together, making the presence of Black Sun suddenly ok.

Nar Shadda is perfect to hide on, plenty of people. Coruscant is under martial law, the power structure is being reorganized, and the Inquisitoriate hates anyone with an above average midichlorian count.

Its used to measure a degree of their force potential is it not? And I've never seen anything that says we lost such technology as it was associated with an age that didn't end too long ago.

And this whole time, none of us have argued against the reg joe fellows, only the force adepts. I can easily see some guy working his way up the ladder and sleazing his way out for the other side in the mean time. Such a thing happened all the time in SW stories, you just didn't see that many force adepts pulling it off and staying in the same system for too long. I'll clarify further, we have no issue with Sprocket's idea. We have been arguing with the force adept group part introduced by Akkrabim.

But hey, alright then, let us make for an interesting story. If you need Imperial contact, just put a slip in the request box please! :D

Joe
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:21:12 AM
Originally posted by Y'roth Helghast
The situational realism thing was something I thought to strive for? And I don't think it would deny them the chance to rp with anyone, just make more sense. Dae's group easily worked around it.

To a degree, yes realism is sought after. But remember before the reset? When we were trying to organize the whole Republic falling to its' knees? it started out very well, but slowed down to a stop because things just weren't happening. And as I said before, I don't see this group being like Dae's in that there are alot of force adepts - it's like Sprocket said - outcasts, blacksheep, and general malcontents.

And if you read Shadows of the Empire, then you also see Prince Xizor is real buddy buddy with the Emperor. The two organizations worked together, making the presence of Black Sun suddenly ok.

Yet, the Black Sun of this board isn't headed by Xizor, and from what I've read, Sass isn't exactly happy about this forced partnership between her and the Inquisitoriate.

Nar Shadda is perfect to hide on, plenty of people. Coruscant is under martial law, the power structure is being reorganized, and the Inquisitoriate hates anyone with an above average medichlorien count.

We don't acknowledge that midichlorian hookaboo here, last I checked. Honestly, I think as soon as Ak started musing about other force users possibly coming into the picture as far as spies and insurgents, you forgot that that's not what exactly Sprocket was proposing directly.

But alright then, let us make for an interesting story. :D

Let's be less patronizing, please :|

Y'roth Helghast
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:43:39 AM
I've been misunderstood severely, this argument is more or less out the window atm.

If Sprocket needs any help with anything as far as the Imps go and a storyline, we're there for it.

Joe
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:46:11 AM
I think that what happened was a mutual misunderstanding, in that you were talking about force people, and I wasn't. No harm no foul :)

Either way though, gimme your tots.

Tear
Oct 14th, 2005, 12:36:46 PM
Originally posted by Akrabbim
My character DID figure a way to get on planet.

So, any more questions, sparky?

Let's be less patronizing, please, indeed.

Alright I could careless what you guys do or dont do on these boards. People are here to write and enjoy themselves blah blah. All Y'roth and I were trying to do was point out some realistic flaws in such a group exsisting on the Imperial homeworld.

By the way Akkrabbim the only reason the death star plans were leaked was because the Emperor wanted it to happen. Nerd history score 5 points. ding.

Anyways, if you guys can actually get your little group up and running for more then a month more power to you. You'll be doing something the majority of the boards cant do or doesnt feel like doing anymore.

You can doooo ittttttt

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:05:03 PM
I think we all need to step back and reread Sprocket's idea. It calls for social outcasts, not insurgent spie Jedi. The latter is Ak's deal.

I like Sprocket's idea, kind of an underlying group of misfits who're looking out for number one in terms of this collection of 'rejects' which is the only family they have (Sprocket, if I'm misinterpreting this please let me know :) )

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 14th, 2005, 01:30:18 PM
Originally posted by JoeYet, the Black Sun of this board isn't headed by Xizor, and from what I've read, Sass isn't exactly happy about this forced partnership between her and the Inquisitoriate.
ding ding ding we have a winner!

Plus - er - I'm not sure that anyone other than the Emperor and Vader knew much about Black Sun. I'll need to re-read that book...

Khendon Sevon
Oct 14th, 2005, 02:29:55 PM
Originally posted by Tear
Alright I could careless what you guys do or dont do on these boards. People are here to write and enjoy themselves blah blah. All Y'roth and I were trying to do was point out some realistic flaws in such a group exsisting on the Imperial homeworld.

As long as the group doesn’t expose itself to the Empire, I don’t see why any Imperial forces would know about it. Two or three Force users trying to conceal themselves should be very, very difficult to find on a planet of billions and billions.

It would take a Force user to find these rogues, after all. Unless they display their traits, there’s no way for a “mundane” to sense their connectivity to the Force.

As to the realism of sneaking onto Coruscant:

We’ll use a real life example. America is supposed to be “tightly closed” due to the constant impending threat of terrorism. Yet, even with this increased security and protective measures, there are still over 2 million unaccounted for illegal immigrants in the nation.

Now, consider that America consists of only a few hundred million people. That means that on a planet of hundreds of billions, there should be at least 1-2% illegal immigration. You can do the math, I’m sure.

Arguably, planetary shields and searching of cargo-vessels and so forth should cut down the traffic. Then again, you’d think fences with patrols and the searching of cars and trucks would cut down on it, too, wouldn’t you?

People can be smuggled in space vessels just as easily as in a truck or freight container.

As the expression goes: “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”

Besides, it makes for a better, and far more dramatic, story.

Sanis Prent
Oct 14th, 2005, 02:49:04 PM
That, and nobody in their right mind would completely lock out a planet like Coruscant. Authoritarian hardball aside, the planet is the trade hub of the galaxy. You can only play brass tacks too far before your whole Empire suffers from having its trading nerve center cut off from the galaxy.

It's the dilemma of being big.

Khendon Sevon
Oct 14th, 2005, 02:52:23 PM
Completely true. When I was Moff of Coruscant, I was told that I could only cut off trade if it were a dire requirement. Additionally, the only time I cut it off, I was only allowed to ebb its flow for a few hours.

Sanis, you put it perfectly.

Tear
Oct 15th, 2005, 03:59:54 AM
Im not saying Jedi couldnt exsist on Coruscant as you say its a big planet. But if you want to make more real world scenarios how many Al queda terrorists exsist in the U.S Army? Or work in the white house or even the pentagon? That is what Akk's idea was about wasnt it? Becoming servants of higher ups or something close to that idea.

Sure theres probably one or two but a group of them? I find it hard to believe some stranger coming off the streets with no back ground could work their way into the Imperial higher ups even as a lacky. Lackys need to be trusted thats why they're lackys.

But again Why are we even debaiting this? We're arent going to stop your idea, so get over it and get on with it already.

Yet, the Black Sun of this board isn't headed by Xizor, and from what I've read, Sass isn't exactly happy about this forced partnership between her and the Inquisitoriate.

Thats sort of the point but I wont go into my plans here.:rolleyes

Regardless of the health of the galaxy Coruscant is being cut off for the most part at the moment until otherwise stated as such. There hasnt been a time limit placed on how long martial law is going to last or how long it has lasted (for people jumping ahead in the time line) where we are exactly in either respect I have no idea.

Anyways... on with your insurgency?

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 15th, 2005, 04:59:42 AM
Im not saying Jedi couldnt exsist on Coruscant as you say its a big planet. But if you want to make more real world scenarios how many Al queda terrorists exsist in the U.S Army? Or work in the white house or even the pentagon? That is what Akk's idea was about wasnt it? Becoming servants of higher ups or something close to that idea.

Sure theres probably one or two but a group of them? I find it hard to believe some stranger coming off the streets with no back ground could work their way into the Imperial higher ups even as a lacky. Lackys need to be trusted thats why they're lackys.

I recall several incidents of such things happening, most notably a man grenading his own superiors at the start of the Iraq war.

And that's just this recent conflict. The French Resistance functioned very much like this idea. You had people of every pedigree imaginable who worked themselves into the fold, from French housemaids to members of the Waffen SS.

You're seriously underestimating how much people are supposed to hate your Empire, and the lengths they'll go to see it fall.

But again Why are we even debaiting this? We're arent going to stop your idea, so get over it and get on with it already.

Why indeed?

Regardless of the health of the galaxy Coruscant is being cut off for the most part at the moment until otherwise stated as such. There hasnt been a time limit placed on how long martial law is going to last or how long it has lasted (for people jumping ahead in the time line) where we are exactly in either respect I have no idea.

Anyways... on with your insurgency?

Good luck with starvation and mass mobs because cutting Coruscant off like that is simply ludicrous. Places like that are simply not self sufficient by any means. I guess you could pull half of your starfleet on a Berlin airlift mission, but that's still not tenable or realistic.

But then again, it all just makes such a popular and pervasive insurgency that more possible, so whatever.

Khendon Sevon
Oct 15th, 2005, 08:59:30 AM

Under who's authority is Coruscant being "cut off"? I understand that it's under martial law; however, martial law does not mean that you disallow trade and movement of people. It simply means that it is heavily regulated.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 15th, 2005, 09:46:58 AM
Yeah, like a curfew. Which, on Coruscant, would be next to impossible to enforce except maybe on the people on the upper levels. :)

Bandage
Oct 15th, 2005, 11:14:11 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
I think we all need to step back and reread Sprocket's idea. It calls for social outcasts, not insurgent spie Jedi. The latter is Ak's deal.

I like Sprocket's idea, kind of an underlying group of misfits who're looking out for number one in terms of this collection of 'rejects' which is the only family they have (Sprocket, if I'm misinterpreting this please let me know :) )

Joe mentioned that Force-wielding wasn't the focus, but s'Il, you have put it exactly as I would think of it. Strays are unwanted or uncared for animals. Humans and other sentients can be strays, and that's why the name is Strays. It's a group of uncared for and unwanted people, AKA: misfits, that are looking out for both themselves and the others that they consider family, which is the group itself. They take care of their own.

So, Force-users are welcome, but not required.

And as for our affiliation, it will at first be NEUTRAL. Being otherwise would present a target, minimizing survival and the ability to thrive. Maybe later, when the group has been more established, they will choose a side as a group, whether it is Imperial, Rebel, or still Neutral. Once this neutrality is practiced, everyone may choose to keep it for the freedom that it presents. So basically, think of this as the Mafia for the Homeless and the Downtrodden.

If we choose, in the not-too-distant future two or three RP's later, to go for either side, there will be either a Rebel insurgency, and I will contact you, Akk, if this happens. Otherwise, I will contact the Imperials, such as Tear or Y'roth, if we choose to support the government. Otherwise, I may contact both groups via PM and let them know about our neutrality. But sometime soon, I'll be contacting everyone who showed their interest in this post within the next few days with plans on the RP.

Wil Mienstrire
Oct 15th, 2005, 01:13:26 PM
Sounds good. :D And even if you need some enemies, feel free to contact us.

Note: This is Y'roth

Tear
Oct 15th, 2005, 01:14:22 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
Under who's authority is Coruscant being "cut off"? I understand that it's under martial law; however, martial law does not mean that you disallow trade and movement of people. It simply means that it is heavily regulated.

Yeah, thats what was meant. The whole notion of it being "cut off" as in nothing moving in and out is of this threads view. When I say cut off I mean it as its not the popular, chaotic place it was with ships flying in and out of their own whims.

Imagine massive traffic jams with spaceship line ups if you will. Thats my idea of cut off from the general population of the universe. Your not going to coruscant for vacation. Nor are you getting off it without good reason. Im not saying theres no traffic in or out, of course there is to say otherwise would be retarded. That would be like laying siege to ourselves. Dont be so literal.

Again these forums seem to LOVE the debait of certain if they can or cant do something but when it comes right down to the fact are you guys going to end up doing it or are we just going to sit around talking about it? Ive been see'ing wayyyyy to much talk on these boards and not enough doing. Or writing as it were.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2005, 11:27:28 AM
Hey Tear btw I posted to our thread. Or rather, Sasseeri did. ^_^;

Tear
Oct 17th, 2005, 11:58:45 AM
Im all over it like a fat kid on a skittle

Sudoku
Oct 19th, 2005, 10:27:10 AM

Anyways, if you guys can actually get your little group up and running for more then a month more power to you. You'll be doing something the majority of the boards cant do or doesnt feel like doing anymore.

You can doooo ittttttt

It can be done, if people have some patience and realise that people are busy. My "group" already has five real members, and my original idea was shot down, so I don't see why these two groups can't figure out a loop-hole.

btw, Sprockets' group = x-mens' morlocks XD

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2005, 11:16:21 AM
Im all over it like a fat kid on a skittle

lies all lies!

where's my post? :)

Tear
Oct 19th, 2005, 01:24:56 PM
Lol oops..fat kid went on a diet. Ill write one today

Jakobi Skorne
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:42:27 PM
*Is Sprocket/Bandage*

This will be the character involved with Strays. I'm sending out a PM to those who mentioned that they were interested here. Any others who are interested contact me via PM or IM or by posting in the threads.

Migg Laos
Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:43:34 PM
Waaaaaaaiiiiiiiit! Joe and I are being left behind! :(

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:59:07 PM
(S'shuuur)

Sorry 'bout that, got a little carried away there I suppose ^_^; .

Feel free to jump in at any time, Migg/Joe. I keep meaning to call that red-haired waitress over... I'll edit my post for that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 3rd, 2005, 05:00:04 PM
tsk tsk <a href=http://swf-agglomeration.net/johnnyrper2.html>posting order refresher!</a>

Wil Mienstrire
Nov 3rd, 2005, 05:21:45 PM
aw man, Johnny Roleplay is my fav! NOW YOU KNOW, and KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! :D

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:13:02 PM
Yeah, well, they haven't posted in over a week - it's not like we ever said they couldn't interrupt...

And Jakobi did it first, anyway ^_^;.

Leave me alone!:cry

Jakobi Skorne
Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:31:13 PM
Oh, so blame it on me, eh? Ya furball!!!! :p

Migg and Joe, post as an interruption. Especially you, Joe. Being that you are going to, if I *gasp* assumed correctly, pick me pockets....

Migg Laos
Nov 4th, 2005, 12:21:41 AM
I haven't posted in a week 'cause I was waiting for Joe :p

Joe
Nov 4th, 2005, 08:12:21 AM
Sorry ^_^;

And no, I'm not going to steal from you, Jakobi :)

Jakobi Skorne
Nov 7th, 2005, 06:42:00 PM
Drat. And I had a plan and everything....oh well. :)

S'shuuur
Nov 8th, 2005, 12:06:09 AM
http://img117.exs.cx/img117/1189/y4tsearch.gif

Migg, where'd you go!? Joe posted, so I'm waiting for you.
Just tryin' to keep you happy here...

Missing: Migg Laos
http://freeweb.supereva.com/esorciccio2002/smilies/missing.gif
Have you seen me?

Migg Laos
Nov 8th, 2005, 02:41:43 AM
Hehe, I have no excuse other than that it is hockey season and I was deciding whether or not to take off for Panama for a week. I'll post tonight.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 8th, 2005, 02:54:07 PM
What does hockey season have to do with Panama?O_o

Migg Laos
Nov 8th, 2005, 06:10:38 PM
Nothing. It just distracts me. As does deciding whether or not to go to Panama. :)

Jakobi Skorne
Nov 25th, 2005, 10:37:36 PM
It's your turn, Joe. ;)

S'shuuur
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:37:06 PM
Alright, I've been thinking about our thread, and it's very much confusing me. Mainly, we have what is essentially three seperate threads combined into one here. It's very messy, and hard to keep things going when you have to wait on two other conversations to play out before you can post a response to the one post that pertains to you, 4 posts later. I think, personally, we need to do two things:

1. Set up a clear and decisive posting order. Part of the mess is in the fact that the order keeps changing. My proposition is that we go by order of appearance in the thread:
[list=1]
Jakobi Skorne
Joe
Migg Laos
S'shuuur
Kaisuko Midama
[/list=1]
2. Consolidate! The point of the whole thread is to set up "The Strays." So far, there has been very little movement toward doing so. I don't want to rush things, but it would at least help if we could all get involved in the same conversation. As soon as everyone's conversations will allow it, we need to get together at the same table so we can find our similarities, and Jakobi can propose our looking out for each other, etc.

What do you guys think?

Jakobi Skorne
Dec 4th, 2005, 09:24:59 AM
Actually, that's what I was trying to accomplish......by going to Joe's table. Migg keeps dropping in for drinks, and as long as you guys are drinking, she'll keep dropping back by, and getting her to sit for five mins will not be a problem. All I'm waiting on is Joe's post......Once she is there, all that's needed is Migg. And I have a solution for that in mind already. In fact, S'shuuur, finish your drink. Then order for some more, and one for Migg. She denies, play the "rude race" card and think of some forceful yet effective way to get her to take a temporary break.

Once everyone is at the table, Jakobi's idea will be revealed. And their first gig, easily enough, is S'shuuur's job, if it is ok with you.....The gig itself may not go very well, but with time, everyone will learn to mesh together with each other, taking up where they work best in. Soon it will work like a well-oiled machine...It's just the whole building up the thread thing.....

Wyl Staedtler
Dec 5th, 2005, 12:54:18 PM
Sounds okay to moi

:)