PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Cage's Baby is Named....

Rutabaga
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:06:53 PM
Remember how there were the big ol' rumors a few years ago about Nicolas Cage playing Superman? Well, that fell through, but apparently he's still carrying a torch for the superhero from Krypton. Just check out what he and his wife have named their new baby:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/03/nicolas.cage.ap/index.html

Tee hee!!!! :lol

JMK
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:42:03 PM
Dear God please make it stop!

Jedieb
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:14:04 PM
Kal-el Coppola Cage. Which on Earth means; My Father is a Balding Dumbas.......

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 3rd, 2005, 08:58:22 PM
lol well he will stand out. It would be no different than a SW fan naming there kid Luke or Anakin, although I am sure some have.

Jedieb
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:42:46 PM
You can get away with Luke. But if you name your kid Anakin or Obi-Wan you're just begging for him to get a beating every first day of school for the first 13 years of his academic career.
"Hi, my name is Anakin. My Dad named me after the Chosen One!"
"That's cool! Guess what we've chosen you for, a beating!" POW!

Eldorack
Oct 3rd, 2005, 10:43:20 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
You can get away with Luke. But if you name your kid Anakin or Obi-Wan you're just begging for him to get a beating every first day of school for the first 13 years of his academic career.
"Hi, my name is Anakin. My Dad named me after the Chosen One!"
"That's cool! Guess what we've chosen you for, a beating!" POW!

LOL...thats funny...I wonder how many stupid ways his name is going to be changed:lol

Akrabbim
Oct 4th, 2005, 12:54:14 AM
With a name that stupid, there's no need to change it. It's built-in humor.

Droo
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:51:39 AM
These people need their heads examined. People are treating babies like dogs and cats with what with the ridiculous names they give them - they are completely retarded and deserve to be mocked - children are not the next new cool accessory for Christ's sake. Kal-el is a ridiculous name for a child, and I'm the biggest Superman fan I know!

jjwr
Oct 4th, 2005, 05:39:05 AM
Regardless what his first name is his last name is Cage and considering who his father is I don't think he'll many problems in life.

Jedieb
Oct 4th, 2005, 06:30:37 AM
Originally posted by jjwr
Regardless what his first name is his last name is Cage and considering who his father is I don't think he'll many problems in life.

Oh, he'll have problems. Cage will tell him he has to call him and his current stepmother Ma and Pa Kent. Then one day he'll take little Kal-el out to the barn and show him the pod he came to Earth in. Next thing you know, junior thinks he can fly and kills himself leaping from a tall building in a single bound! This poor bastard doesn't stand a chance. :crack

JMK
Oct 4th, 2005, 07:03:42 AM
Imagine when Kal-El starts having those early teen battles with dad?

"Look, I'm Kal-El, who have you been in your life? Ghost Rider? Pfft. Whatev old man. Step aside."

ReaperFett
Oct 4th, 2005, 03:16:51 PM
Kal is quite a cool name.

Of course, this isn't suprising when you consider where he got his name from :D

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 4th, 2005, 06:45:42 PM
Maybe they should switch it around to "El-Kal... which is Spanish for... the Kal!"

:) Kal isn't bad, I hope that's what they nickname him. :)

Darth McBain
Oct 5th, 2005, 02:28:18 PM
HAHAHA I didn't see this until today. That's just ridiculous - something tells me this kid's in for some therapy in the future... Maybe Nicolas will change his name to be Jor-el. Sheesh, now I'm thinking of Marlon Brando's part in the original Superman with Nicolas Cage's face instead - that's just WRONG!!! :lol

Jedieb
Oct 5th, 2005, 03:26:54 PM
Kal isn't that bad, but that's not what Cage named him. I bet he tags the poor damn kid with the whole thing, Kal-el. "Thanks Dad! Can I call you, As-hol?"

Darth McBain
Oct 5th, 2005, 04:32:58 PM
LOL EB... Ah, that was good... :lol

Rutabaga
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:18:18 PM
Okay, should we get ready for more celebrity baby name craziness now that Tom Cruise has supposedly knocked up Katie Holmes? :x :x :x

Whaddaya think they'll name their kid?

Jedieb
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:27:38 PM
Rid Lynn Cruise

JMK
Oct 5th, 2005, 06:53:52 PM
Whaddaya think they'll name their kid?

John Travolta.

Jedieb
Oct 5th, 2005, 07:45:43 PM
:lol