PDA

View Full Version : Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 30th, 2005, 12:27:39 PM
http://www.atari.com/indigo/

Wow. I just played the demo and after reading a slew of positive reviews have ordered the game. It's non-linear storyline seems to offer any number of possible outcomes. For instance in the demo, you play through the first scene - your character waking up in a toilet and realising he's murdered someone. You can either bolt out of the door, covered in blood, and risk being caught by the cops – or take the time to methodically clean the bathroom, hide the body and evidence and coolly stroll out of the front door.

Though the scene has to to conclude in a certain way for the story to progress (e.g. the cop finding the body), it seems that what you do in the toilet will impact on future scenes if only in subtle ways – e.g. when playing as the cops, you’ll have an easier job analysing the crime scene if you didn’t clean the place up, and so on.

Does anyone own the full version of the game?

Here’s a little blurb from Amazon…

For no apparent reason, ordinary people are killing total strangers. Although there are no direct links between the murders, they all show the same ritual patterns. Lucas Kane becomes one of these murderers, and haunted by strange visions he must try to keep one step ahead of the police to discover what is happening to him.

Inspector Carla Valenti and Agent Tyler Miles are heading up the investigation. A series of disturbing clues takes them into a world they can only dream of. Meanwhile the early onset of winter paralyses Manhattan in an unbearable grip of snow and cold. Each day the temperature drops as the winter conditions draw over the dark streets of New York.

The final countdown has already begun!

# Choose to play as one of the four leading characters, Lucas Kane, Detective Carla Valenti, Carla's partner, Detective Tyler Miles and Marcus Kane, Lucas' brother
# Play through a total of 44 bone chilling acts
# Manage the mental health of each of your characters by choosing the correct course of action and maintaining their psychological balance
# Special multi-view split screen allows players to see what is happening in a different area of the game whilst playing through a particular scenario
# A unique combination of interactivity and cinematography, enhancing the intense storyline and adventure
# Spectacular action sequences and easy to learn and easy to use interface
# Dark and moody atmosphere, creating an "edge of your seat" experience
# More than 50 stuntmen and actors were used to motion capture in-game characters in order to create incredible realistic character models, dynamic cinematics and high-calibre Hollywood-style action sequences.

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:52:52 PM
Does anyone own the full version of the game?

One of my apartment mates does. Two of them have beaten it. Freaky weird game. Looked pretty good, with insane stunts and stuff. Funky extras.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:04:31 AM
Yeah, I've beaten it now. I enjoyed it, though it really didn't take more than a couple of hours to complete. Shame.

Shawn
Nov 19th, 2005, 04:43:28 PM
I just got around to checking this one out. I enjoyed it, although I think the beginning sections of the game were the best parts; I liked it better when it was grounded in reality.

The end of the game felt kind of rushed, and there was a ton of stuff that could have been explained better. In fact, everything after you rescue Jade is pretty "meh."

It's a really unique game, but there's so much wasted potential. :(