PDA

View Full Version : Who's interested in these?

JMK
Sep 24th, 2005, 11:08:50 PM
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=7937

I'm going to force myself to completely ignore these.

Jedieb
Sep 25th, 2005, 04:15:18 PM
I just don't know about these. They're either going to be a ridiculous flop or... a moderate success. Some of the robot forms look plain stupid, the Vader in particular. Grievous doesn't look that bad, but that's not saying much. If the vehicle forms look okay I may pick some of the better looking ones up. But I'm not counting the days until these hit retail.

QuiGonJ
Sep 25th, 2005, 07:24:43 PM
If I see them I will likely buy one just cause it's like two lines I like, but I doubt I will worry too much if I do not get them.

JMK
Sep 25th, 2005, 08:34:23 PM
Personally I think it's a ridiculous bastardization of 2 great lines. You can take it 2 ways I guess, one being that they're just trying something different, or that this is one of the early signs that they're running out of ideas.

Jedieb
Sep 26th, 2005, 10:51:41 AM
It's easy to take shots at these because it's a stretch of ridiculous proportions. But you never know what kids will like. I love my son's Transformers. They're simply great toys. As stupid as these look to adult collectors they may be something that kids get a kick out of. Or maybe kids are brighter than I give them credit for and they'll see this as crap.

JMK
Sep 26th, 2005, 01:35:14 PM
I don't doubt that they may be fun to play with, and you're right, you just never know with kids. They just look so damn ridiculous, like you said, especially the Obi Wan starfighter.

I wouldn't be surprised if these became hot commodities though.

Hunk
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:18:15 PM
They actually look pretty decent in person, Grievous especially. I'll probably pick up one or two.

JMK
Sep 27th, 2005, 06:44:47 AM
I can see why the Grievous would look decent, he's almost a transformer to begin with!

Hunk
Oct 31st, 2005, 11:41:46 AM
Woo, packaged photos of these guys are up. Every time I see it, I warm up a little more towards the Obi-Wan/Jedi Starfighter one. Though that could be because he looks the least like his namesake, and would be easiest to repaint into a new Transformers character.

Jedieb
Oct 31st, 2005, 04:21:01 PM
The packaged pics look pretty sweet. I'm going to at least get the Vader. If I like it then I'll pick and choose some others, but I doubt they'll ever get transformed much.

Sam
Nov 29th, 2005, 02:12:37 PM
Darth Maul/Sith Infiltrator testshot up here: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5251&mode=flat

One would assume that the entire lower body should be rotated 180, since there's screws showing. That would also allow the fuselage to fold up against the back.

And I love that headsculpt.

Jedieb
Nov 29th, 2005, 04:00:39 PM
I know I'll be getting that one for the simple reason that we finally get a decent sized Sith Infiltrator. This is one of those vehicles I think Hasbro will eventually get to. They have to realized there's a demand for this vehicle amounst collectors and even those annoying kids who we trample over in the toy aisles.

Sam
Dec 1st, 2005, 01:53:49 PM
Grievous Gallery: http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act391/

QuiGonJ
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:20:17 AM
What stores carry these? I saw a review on the Vader the other day, and I kinda want one.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 7th, 2006, 07:27:32 AM
Charley got me a Vader one for Christmas, and it's actually pretty darn nifty. Comes with a cute little Vader to sit in the cockpit, even.

Jedieb
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:55:30 PM
Right now the Maul/Sith Infiltrator is the only one I'm getting. I might pick up some others come clearance time.

QuiGonJ
Jan 28th, 2006, 10:55:32 PM
I picked up the Luke/X-Wing. I like Transformers, but this one is too top heavy in robot mode and won't stand up.