PDA

View Full Version : Arya is now a Lupine

Arya Ravenwing
Sep 22nd, 2005, 05:35:50 PM
Just fyi, because right now she's boring me and that just WILL NOT DO.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2005, 01:50:32 AM
my legacy lives on!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 23rd, 2005, 06:21:35 AM
Hey!! :verymad

Dalamar DeSang
Sep 23rd, 2005, 07:49:35 AM
Ahh more competition.... You Lupine's sure do get around:rolleyes

I think we need to run a spay and Nueter campaign...;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 23rd, 2005, 10:18:54 AM
In case anyone was wondering, she's Loveloxx strain, not the other, which means she has an unhealthy aversion to the Force being used around her. As the count now stands she is the last of her strain (unbeknownst to her) and s'Ilancy is the last of the other strain.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2005, 10:23:46 AM
she is the last of her strain (unbeknownst to her) and s'Ilancy is the last of the other strain.

confrontation ahoy!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 23rd, 2005, 10:30:03 AM
The two strains:

Loveloxx - With a rather unhealthy reaction to the Force, Loveloxx strain Lupines can be transformed into violent, mad vornskrs when the Force is used around them. It sends terrible, lancing pains into their minds and seemingly awakens the primal need to hunt and kill within. They will stop at nothing to kill the cause of this pain, and any hope of deterring them without coming to blows is futile. They are stark raving mad in this stage, unable to acces any higher brain functions.

Losstarot - engineered to be able to withstand the Force, this strain of Lupines are even known to sometimes possess the force themselves. Their bodies do not react in such a violent way as the Loveloxx Lupines do.

Both strains can transform at will, but a transformation brought on by the Force for a Loveloxx is much more painful and wrenching. They can be hurt by both silver and cortosis, horrible welts rising from the point of contact that scar permanently if not cut away soon after they are recieved. However, with their heightened metabolisms, they can heal much faster than normal beings, and their lifespan is much longer that normal.

As well, the two strains have always been mortal enemies, as House Loveloxx and House Losstarot were the first warring houses of the now nearly extinct Lupines.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2005, 10:48:15 AM
Good old Losstarot. He knew where it was at.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 23rd, 2005, 03:41:50 PM
However, Arya knows nothing of her history, nor of the Loveloxxes or Losstarots. The only connection to her past that she possesses is a medallion (not silver!) that she wears constantly around her neck. It belonged to her father, who was killed in a rebellion of some kind on her home planet. Her mother (pregnant with Arya) escaped to Ryloth where Arya was born and raised.

Lysa, her mother, was rendered feebleminded enough by the shock and stress of the massacre of all of their relatives/other people from their planet that she never told Arya anything that could help her discover where she was from, nor about their heritage. She died when Arya was 17. Arya already knew about the shapeshifting, but as Force users are far and few between she knows little about the affect the Force has on her.

She is aware of the affect of silver, but not of cortosis as that substance is quite rare.

And she's a smuggler. Hmm, that's about it. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 24th, 2005, 09:47:07 PM
Aaand I think a run in with perhaps the people responsible for the massacre of her family would be a nice twist. a Mr. Dust cameo? It could be mysterious because he's trying to find out about her and if she's aware of her family history and all the time she doesn't know that his people are partially if not mostly responsible for the attack that wiped out the whole of her family.

And if that's not up the Guardian's street, then I'll think of something else. ;)

Draken Chakara
Sep 26th, 2005, 12:39:44 AM
Well, the Guardians were originally the mortal enemies of the Lupines, but since there's so few now, I was thinking of changing it. As for a massacre... hmm... I can see the Guardians taking on a large number of the Lupines, and winning, but they don't just up and murder them... though, if a Lupine was telling the story, they might CALL it a massacre...

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2005, 08:24:36 AM
Perhaps the guardians had a few bad eggs and they did it.

Anyway it doesn't really matter who did it, Arya's family is wiped out and that is that.

Akrabbim
Sep 26th, 2005, 10:19:32 AM
Now, if Arya's family were to have fought the Guardians, I can see them getting wiped out. It might well look like a massacre. Were they bad Lupines? :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:43:36 AM
Is there really any other kind of Lupine?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2005, 06:42:25 PM
I like the idea of a bad Guardian wiping them out. >D

Anyway, like I said, doesn't matter. We could do something with it, or we could not do something with it.

Nyloh Heat
Sep 26th, 2005, 09:31:29 PM
What about the Empire? Wouldn't such a race be treated just as harshly as any other dangerous species that the alien hating Empire came across? Either way, I'd think they'd be on the endangered, preferably extinct list.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2005, 11:41:54 PM
... didn't s'Il and I just say there are only two left?

Normally I'm all for getting together and repopulating the universe at this point, but since they're both girls that probably wouldn't work too well. :mneh

Anyway since the race is virtually extinct and exists mostly in the realm of 'scary things that will eat you if you don't do your homework,' there is no reason for the Empire to figure into Arya's storyline at all.

Except for the fact that she regularly breaks the law because she's a smuggler. but i swear to my SOCKS that if an Imperial pops up and tries to blackmail her SHE WILL EAT HIS FACE OFF! :mad

:)

Ah yes and the Lupine storyline/backstory/current place in the universe is not being discussed here. Just in case people were curious. This is only a heads up thread to my slight character tweak of Arya.

Tear
Sep 27th, 2005, 04:04:23 AM
/popsandblackmails

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 27th, 2005, 06:27:39 AM
Paging Mr. Flux to the thread.

(Flux is the only 'bad' Guardian that I know of, but only because of previous planning that Zasz, Ak, and I were doing)

Sprocket Gearhead
Oct 7th, 2005, 01:13:10 AM
Question: being that s'Il and Arya are the remaining two, how does the strains of Lupine get passed on? Is it by bite like most Lycanthropic lore, or by genetics like the Garou from the WOD: Werewolf series?