PDA

View Full Version : CSI

Eldorack
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:51:40 PM
Do you watch the real one or do you watch the others like csi miami. I like the show cause of how they use the science to solve the crimes.

sirdizzy
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:30:17 AM
CSI is the most annoying show on television,

Typical CSI episode, Black Dude walks into a crime scene looks around for 10 seconds and goes hmmmmmmmm. Camera pans in on the carpet at 400x magnfication, black dude goes that ain't no carpet fiber with his superman x ray vision and they catch the killer wheeeeeeeee

And every episode has some amazing piece of evidence that breaks the case, if their is a tire skid mark from 3 weeks ago thats are perps tire mark and it will break the case.

The CSI team is like physic super visioned super heroes just less believable.

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:06:54 PM
What really annoys me about CSI is that it makes it seem as if the cops are clueless dolts serving at the whim of studly crime scene investigators. Forget the one black dude, it's the hot ex-stripper with the heart of gold that annoys me. These are LAB GEEKS, not crime fighters. Ask any real detective what he thinks of the show and they'll just roll their eyes and laugh it off. Yeah, everyday across America criminals aren't being tuned up by the likes of Andy Sipowitz, no it's Gus Grissom and the Lab Geek Gang to the rescue!:lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:45:05 PM
:) I am addicted to this show. I know it's not realistic, but I like mysteries.

sirdizzy
Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:15:59 PM
I've only seen the first season on dvd and I just don't think I would ever sit through another season by the end of the first season I was so annoyed and pissed off it took me 2 months to watch all the episodes.

Some people say the first season is the weakest its still not enough to get me to want to watch the rest of the episodes or any of the spinoffs.

I understand about a show taking time to hit its stride (X-Files for example didn't really take off tell the end of season 2 start of season 3) but rarely have I been annoyed more by a show.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 01:23:11 PM
Well I haven't seen any of them in order. I like the show but this is the first season that I'm actually going to purposefully DVR it.

sirdizzy
Sep 22nd, 2005, 03:04:25 PM
Thats the only way I watch TV on dvd. Sometimes I wonder what I did before TV DVDs as I haven't watched a single program when it was airing in more than 2 years.

But look at my list of TV dvds I need to watch
X-Files Seasons 2-7
Quantum Leap Season 3
Greatest American Hero Season 1 (only season I have bought so far)
Sienfeld Seasons 1-4
Smallville Season 4
Lost Season 1
Charmed Season 1

and in the next 2 months I plan on buying
Seinfeld Seasons 5 & 6
Simpsons's Seasons 5 & 6
Alias Season 4
24 Season 4
Quantum Leap Season 4
X Files seasons 8 & 9

and I was even thinking of buying and trying stargate SG1 seasons

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 03:17:33 PM
I love Stargate SG-1! I've only seen the most recent two seasons fully, and the odd reruns from the sci-fi channel. Definetely thinking about getting that show on DVD.

Eldorack
Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:47:22 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Well I haven't seen any of them in order. I like the show but this is the first season that I'm actually going to purposefully DVR it.

I have some of the shows on DVR. I love the mysteries.

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:16:47 PM
:) I am addicted to this show. I know it's not realistic, but I like mysteries.

Don't get me wrong, that's pretty much how I feel about it as well. We're watching it right now. It's a fun show to watch, just so over the top at times that it's silly, enjoyable, but silly.
"Did you get the DNA results back?"
"Yeah."
"Well it's about time, I've been waiting on those for over 30 minutes!!!!" :rolleyes

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:02:16 PM
lol I know really. I was watching the new show on ...Fox? called Bones and they said it was going to take over a week to get DNA results back and that it was faster to do a facial reconstruct/identify the vic from his skeleton! I was like - what? Those usually take CSI 15 minutes! :p

Perhaps in the commercial breaks on CSI it's actually a "TIME PASSES" segment that we're not aware of. ;)

Eldorack
Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:04:12 PM
lol I know really. I was watching the new show on ...Fox? called Bones and they said it was going to take over a week to get DNA results back and that it was faster to do a facial reconstruct/identify the vic from his skeleton! I was like - what? Those usually take CSI 15 minutes! :p

Perhaps in the commercial breaks on CSI it's actually a "TIME PASSES" segment that we're not aware of. ;)

Ya some of the stuff on the show is sort of rediculous...and funny but whatever. I think the time thing may be true.:D

Sejah Haversh
Sep 23rd, 2005, 08:56:21 PM
And CSI AAAALLLLWAYS does their homework on their subjects. Like, those ones about Import Tuner racing and the one about the Furry convention were like, so dead-on accurate.

Ahh, the joys of apparently doing all your research on RiceBoy and SomethingAwful.

Sudoku
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:06:33 PM
Come on guys, you need to watch the show that started it all....

And that show is called "Quincy". Everything on CSI has been done on Quincy, which I find amazing since it's from like the 1970's. It's so corny and weird to watch. Esp since you never see any bodies :lol

As an example, one episode has a rehab ranch for crippled children, and the episode ends with a little wheel-chair bound boy saying he'd be good so that his mum and dad would keep him :|

Sanis Prent
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:33:06 PM
Where would CSI be without blacklights?

Screw that. There's only one good crime show on TV and it's the Shield :cool

Eldorack
Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:54:05 PM
The shield is a pretty good show. I like that for the crime solving as well...

Sanis Prent
Sep 24th, 2005, 12:03:37 AM
Originally posted by Eldorack
The shield is a pretty good show. I like that for the crime solving as well...

It isn't really the crime solving that makes it good. It's the politics of the job and the street.

That, and bouncing a crack dealer off his bike, onto the hood of another car with your car, then chasing him into a convenience store where he downs his whole cache with a mouthful of stolen cola, then getting him into a chokehold and squirting french's mustard down his throat until he vomits up the drugs.

Or strangling a stray cat to death so you can understand a serial killer when he says that the only reason he does it is to see that sparkle in their eyes before the end, which is greater than God's power over life and death itself :D

Sane people can't write that kind of stuff.