PDA

View Full Version : Invasion

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:27:32 PM
Got done watching that, very weird and creepy. Right now I am getting a Puppet Master feel from it and not the obvious Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Puppet Master is a classic Sci-fi novel by Robert Heinlein). I am curious to see where this goes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:19:45 AM
I found it to be interesting - but the plot felt a little 'alien conspiracy/government cover-up' contrived.

To be honest, I feel that the alien invasion angle is old and tired. This show will have to prove to be more than that to keep me watching.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 22nd, 2005, 10:59:49 AM
Unless there is way more to it, but right now it feels like an updated version of the Puppet Masters, which was a great story though and never done justice on film (the 90's film was a really bad version of it).

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:58:46 AM
I saw it last night but it didn't really grab my attention. There's another alien invasion series out there as well. This season we're seeing each Network trying to get a 'Lost' type of hit. For the last few years we had Law and Ordder crime drama clones, now it's fantasy/sci-fi dramas. I haven't noticed any, but I'm sure there are some Desperate Housewive copies out there as well.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:55:09 PM
There's quite a few 'creepy mystery' series starting up - Surface, Invasion, and Threshold (which stars Ethan Rom from Lost as a creepy really strong guy). I heard Threshold wasn't worth the time to watch it.

What I will give Invasion is that the hurricane sequence was really cool. Loved the car door.

Rutabaga
Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:20:52 PM
As I'd posted in the Lost thread, I saw the first half of the opening episode of Invasion that was shown last night at Comic Con, and the reception was quite warm and enthusiastic after the lights went up. I watched the entire episode last night and was sufficiently interested that I'll keep watching. Shaun Cassidy was at Comic Con and basically said that the lights weren't necessarily aliens, but we'll have to wait and see.

I did watch the opening 2-hour episode of Threshold and I was pretty tired, so I thought 2 hours was too much for starters, but in the long run, it also sufficiently piqued my interest that I'll keep watching, at least for now. Plus Brent Spiner is in it, and I've always been a Data fan :).

Surface...tried watching it, shut it off after half an hour or so. That was just too silly and boring to care about.

What about Supernatural, has anyone tried that? I've watched the first 2 episodes and liked them. Although I do see that they're running the risk of the show turning into a monster-of-the-week Night Stalker-kind of show. Which is ironic, since the revamped and updated Night Stalker is premiering next week. I also saw the first 20 minutes or so of that at Comic Con, it was okay, but not great. Although the scene in the newsroom where they CGI'd Darren McGavin as Kolchak into the scene got lots of laughs and applause :).