PDA

View Full Version : off to a concert

Wyl Staedtler
Sep 16th, 2005, 09:46:25 PM
Leaving early tomorrow to go see a Mae show. Be back late Sunday, depending on traffic. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 17th, 2005, 12:09:12 AM
Have fun! :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 17th, 2005, 12:36:19 AM
Have a blast and bring us pictures :D

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2005, 03:45:16 AM
I don't know who that is, but ROCK ON! (providing they are a rock band... if not then er :uhoh enjoy the music with an air of quiet appreciation)

Sanis Prent
Sep 17th, 2005, 11:39:37 AM
This all makes me think about the Coldplay concert here, which was cancelled at the last minute because the lead singer got sick. No rescheduling. No rain check, just up and get a refund.

I find this is funny because Coldplay is like some horrible lovechild between Radiohead and Dave Matthews Band, having neither the depth of the first nor the fun and rhythm of the latter. What a worthless band.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 17th, 2005, 01:37:08 PM
Chris Martin is such a whiney Bono wannabe :|

Wyl Staedtler
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:33:16 AM
Decided to drive back early on account of my friends boss being a retard.

The show was AWEFRIGGINSOM! The first opening band was the Warsaw Poland Brothers... so tasty. Then Penny Lane came on and jammed for a while. I love it when the opening bands turn out to be bands that you would've paid to see perform alone.

Then Mae came on and we all had a mass orgy. I was right up front, got to touch all the guys, and then after the show I snuck up to the VIP lounge, finangled a pass, and talked to them for a while. They're really nice fellas, but they smelled and went to take showers after about twenty minutes. So my friends and I went and spent ridiculous ammounts of cash on tee shirts and buttons.

The only low point of the evening was when I fell in the pit and got my face stepped on :(

www.whatismae.com <------check into 'em, they're a fun night out.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 18th, 2005, 03:38:22 AM
Last.fm rates them as similar to Fall Out Boy, so I will be giving them a listen :D

Sanis Prent
Sep 18th, 2005, 12:41:32 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Last.fm rates them as similar to Fall Out Boy, so I will be giving them a listen :D

You like the Fallout Boys? :( This makes me kind of depressed.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:06:13 AM
Why? :huh

JMK
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:46:21 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
This all makes me think about the Coldplay concert here, which was cancelled at the last minute because the lead singer got sick. No rescheduling. No rain check, just up and get a refund.

I find this is funny because Coldplay is like some horrible lovechild between Radiohead and Dave Matthews Band, having neither the depth of the first nor the fun and rhythm of the latter. What a worthless band.

Wow, of all the posts I've ever read, this one may have been the best of all time. Seriously. I agree 150%. They have got to be the most overrated band on earth. We're in an era of music now desperate to annoint someone as the next U2, the next Rolling Stones, the next Aerosmith, the next really HUGE mega band, and somehow these hacks have found themselves in that position. It hurts me in the face. I could produce a list the length of my arm of worthless bands that have emerged in the past 10 years and I'd probably still not put a dent in the overall list. :\

Sanis Prent
Sep 19th, 2005, 08:59:07 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Why? :huh

They're easily the most annoying band on the radio right now, by a long shot.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 19th, 2005, 09:36:20 AM
Originally posted by JMK
We're in an era of music now desperate to annoint someone as the next U2, the next Rolling Stones, the next Aerosmith, the next really HUGE mega band, and somehow these hacks have found themselves in that position.

They are???

I mean, I thought they were good until they released their third hit single (which is an okay song, but it's very much a clone of their previous work). But I never once thought of Coldplay as being anything close to an uber mega band status.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 19th, 2005, 09:56:53 AM
I really enjoyed Coldplay's first album, but they have gotten progressively more samey :|

Originally posted by Sanis Prent
They're easily the most annoying band on the radio right now, by a long shot.

^_^; oh.