PDA

View Full Version : Burger King, episode 3 toys

sirdizzy
Sep 12th, 2005, 02:31:33 PM
Ok this is kind of cool and I almost wished I had sold them.

Ok i religiously collected all the Episode 3 toys from burger king and managed to get all 31 (heck some of them were precurred 300 miles away) of them. I displayed them at work proudly on the managers back wall. Saturday I had a guy offer me several hundred dollars for them, I thought he was joking so I laughed it off. I mean they were $1.29 for a pair of them which is only roughly $20 is what they cost me of course minus all the nasty food I had to eat.

If I thought he was serious which I am told he was I would have probably sold them. Do you have anything in your collection that if the price was right you'd sell it in a heartbeat.

JMK
Sep 12th, 2005, 02:57:07 PM
Yeah, there's a few things I'd sell, but most of the stuff that has any REAL value is stuff that I probably wouldn't part with.

I could be persuaded to part with ANYTHING from POTF and TPM (1995-1999), but only if I was offered a lump sum for a whole group of stuff. I wouldn't start selling off 1 figure here, another there.

I'd part with some Amidala 12" figures. I could probably also lose my Taco Bell/Pizza Hut/KFC toys if a nice price were offered. I never finished the collection and probably never will but those hold no value to me. I wish I hadn't wasted the time driving around all over the place picking up that stuff, and like you said, eating that garbage.

Jedieb
Sep 12th, 2005, 02:59:50 PM
Something that I'd sell and never see again? I can't really think of anything. Now, of course if someone offers me an insane amount that would easily afford me the means of buying the piece back, I'd be nuts not to take him up on it. But if it meant never seeing it again, I just don't know. There's a few things I've sold off, like some 12" figures, but right now everything I have is pretty much never going to leave my collection.

Jedieb
Sep 12th, 2005, 03:03:36 PM
Originally posted by JMK

I'd part with some Amidala 12" figures. I could probably also lose my Taco Bell/Pizza Hut/KFC toys if a nice price were offered. I never finished the collection and probably never will but those hold no value to me. I wish I hadn't wasted the time driving around all over the place picking up that stuff, and like you said, eating that garbage.

I finished off that whole set and it was a collosal waste of time. They're practically worthless now. The only reason I don't sell them off is because it's too much trouble and there's a few neat pieces in there. Some of the cup toppers are cool and I've got the Yoda one with my Yoda shrine. The new BK toys are great though. I'm just waiting for the dust to settle in a year or two and then I'll let ebay do the driving for me. Diz, I'd take that guy up on his offer if he was serious. These are much better than the TPM toys, but they're already starting to drop in value on the secondary marker.