PDA

View Full Version : Unconditional (Kyashi, Cline, Invite ONLY)

Leiko Hatake
Sep 10th, 2005, 12:58:33 PM
She returned home from class to find her apartment door opened, a trail of dark red leading inside from the stairwell.

She knew he'd come back, but she didn't think he'd show up in such a state. Several damp (and blood-soaked) towels, even more bacta wraps and pain-killers later, her brother was quietly resting in her bedroom. Leiko closed the door, and sunk down into a chair in the living room.

That left her alone with...whoever this red-haired boy was. He looked to be about her age, maybe older. There really hadn't been time for any introductions when she had arrived, which left her sitting in uncomfortable silence, fidgeting in her chair.

"So...you're one of Kys' friends, huh? You two must've had some night."

Michael Cline
Sep 10th, 2005, 10:34:00 PM
Ky? Who was... oh. All this time he'd never even considered that Sudoku was a fake name, though - now that he thought about it, that would make sense.

"Uh... yeah, it was an... interesting night, to say the least."

He fidgetted a bit, staring at the floor.

Leiko Hatake
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:00:01 PM
"Mmmhmm"

She glanced over at the bedroom door, then back to Cline. She didn't think Kyashi would've taken another...companion after his run in with that circus boy he told her about, but maybe he had. There had to be a reason though, and only one sprang to her mind.

"You must be an adept then, if Kyashi found you. He's always doing that," she gave a slight laugh. "You must have something he wants, or be someone he wants if he's keeping you around."

Michael Cline
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:16:38 PM
"You must be an adept then, if Kyashi found you. He's always doing that, you must have something he wants, or be someone he wants if he's keeping you around." He looked up at her as she spoke, and let out a small sigh. He knew that Sudo... Kyashi wanted him for SOMETHING, he remembered him saying that when they first met, he'd forgotten about it though since then - it just had never come up again.

He blinked and rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, well - I know he wants me for SOMETHING, I just don't know what."

Leiko Hatake
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:23:40 PM
Leiko smiled back at the boy. He seemed, well, a little naive, and unsure of Kyashis' motives.

"Well, my brother never hangs out with just anyone, so you must be something special. I'm Leiko, by the way..er, since we didn't really get properly introducted."

She could feel embarassment flush her cheeks ever so slightly. "Um, did you want a drink, something to eat maybe? I can get you a pillow if you're tired. I know Ky is always on the move, so I'm used having someone crash here."

Michael Cline
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:37:28 PM
"Oh. Yeah, I wouldn't mind some water, frankly." He smiled at her a bit, letting a small laugh escape his lips. "I'm Michael, I guess I'm going to be crashing here, then."

Leiko Hatake
Sep 14th, 2005, 10:53:23 PM
The girl left, and returned a moment later with a large glass of water. She handed it to him, returning to her seat, curling up with her legs undeneath her.

"So, Michael, tell me how you met my brother."

Michael Cline
Sep 14th, 2005, 11:03:02 PM
How he'd met Sudoku... wow, how to explain THAT story?

"Well..." he started, clearing his throat, "It's kind of hard to explain. I... I was in a bad situation when we met... he found me, actually." He swallowed, and for a moment considered not telling the story...

"I was on the street, my... my family had vanished and I was alone. He came to me, offered to help me." He sighed a bit, "Became my best friend, took me under his... well, his wing so to speak."

Leiko Hatake
Sep 15th, 2005, 03:00:06 PM
"Mm, I see."

She wasn't surprised that Kyashi had just "stumbled" upon him - that was something Kyashi did. What piqued her curiousity was his family.

"Your family just vanished? You mean, you went home and they were gone, or you got lost?" Leiko rested her head on one hand as she looked him over. "I mean, they couldn't have just disappeared, they have to be somewhere."

Michael Cline
Sep 15th, 2005, 05:41:08 PM
"I went home, and they weren't there - I never got ahold of them again. They were just... there the day before, and then the next day, gone. Something took them, I know it." His words got short and hushed, pain and anger in his voice.

"I don't know what happened to them, or if they're alive - but... I doubt it." He choked the last three words out. "I just kind of... know, ya'know?" He looked up at her, his eyes a mix of rage and sadness.

Leiko Hatake
Sep 15th, 2005, 09:22:15 PM
Leiko had moved from her seat and soon had her arms wrapped gently around him. She gave him a tight hug.

"I know. I'm sure things will work out...I mean, you have us now. we can be your family."

Michael Cline
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:38:41 PM
Letting out a soft sigh he relaxed and smiled a bit, resting his head against her shoulder. "That'd be cool." He had already decided this was a new life, and now he had a new family too. Things WOULD work out for him, he was sure of it now. He just had to tie up a few loose ends, and then everything would be alright.

Sudoku
Sep 16th, 2005, 08:28:35 AM
After a hot meal and several hours of talking, the bedroom door cracked itself open.

A dazed looking Kyashi wandered into the living room, scratching and stretching. His neck was tightly wrapped with layer upon layer of bandages to stem the blood.

A hand ran through his mess of dark hair, pushing it out of his eyes. He smirked at Michael, who was relaxing on the couch.

"Glad to see you made yourself at home."

Michael Cline
Sep 16th, 2005, 11:43:23 AM
"Just a little" he joked, smiling at Ky.

"So - feeling a bit better I hope, boss?"

Sudoku
Sep 16th, 2005, 08:56:47 PM
"Eh."

He walked into the kitchen, wrapping an arm around his sisters' waist as she was finishing up the last of the dishes. Leiko "hrmphed" him as he left his arm lingering for just a little too long. Kyashi planted a kiss on her cheek and wandered back into the living room, sinking into the couch cushion as he sat down.

"There's someone else we need to get. He's in a floating city - Leiko, you're gonna have to go and get him."

Michael Cline
Sep 16th, 2005, 09:29:18 PM
Sometimes Ky was just plain creepy, seriously. He understood Ky being able to located other adepts, that's how he'd been found after all - but damn it was still creepy.

"This isn't going to be another one like our last run in, is it, and why just Leiko? Shouldn't someone go with her?"

Leiko Hatake
Sep 16th, 2005, 10:14:05 PM
"Yeah, why do I have to go by myself?!"

Leiko came into the room, annoyance apparent on her face, drying her hands with a dish towel. "I'm not your servant, you know. You're lucky enough that I let you stay here, Ky."

Sudoku
Sep 18th, 2005, 08:52:28 PM
The boy yawned loudly, then continued.

"Because, I CAN'T go, and Michael has other business to attend to. Of course, you'll have to do something with that," he pointed to Leikos' short dark hair. "Can't have you going around resembling your non-existent brother, Lei. I'll arrange transport, so, start packing."