PDA

View Full Version : What Will You Do With Your Collection?

JMK
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:56:02 PM
It's 2045. We're all old cronies. Some of the old folks may not even be here by then. :p

How long will you hold on to your collection for? Forever? Will it always be on display for your kids and your kids' kids to see? Or will you bring yourself to blow it all up and sell it one day? Maybe to get that cottage on the lake you had your eye on, or that cruise you always wanted to go on?

I can't imagine ever parting with my stuff, most of it anyway. If the need ever arose I could probably bring myself to part with a good amount of stuff, but there would have to be a GREAT reason to do it. But what happens to it AFTER I go? What if my kids (who I imagine most would want to pass the collection on to) don't want it and think SW is stupid?

A difficult decision indeed!

Ambrose Braeden
Sep 9th, 2005, 11:21:04 PM
My dad has so much sw stuff in his collection. His friends had a picture of the original poster of sw anh signed by all of the actors. I think that when I get it all that I will prob. have it all buried with me. :lol

Mr.MojoRisin
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:00:20 PM
By then I'll probably have cut myself off from any human contact anyway, living in my Hefnerish mansion with all of my SW stuff surrounding me. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all. I have trouble finding space for it now. At last count I had about 900 something figures still in the package, countless loose figues, a life sized Gonk droid, various SW oddities, etc. Nowhere to put any of it.

QuiGonJ
Sep 10th, 2005, 09:17:07 PM
I've been thinking about that recently... heck, I'm not sure if I shouldn't just give away parts of it this Christmas to Toys for Tots.. specifically the 1995 red card figures that are worth about a buck each. I needed to collect the stuff when I did it, but it's not really part of me any more, if that makes sense.

Jedieb
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:13:21 AM
The boy, it'll all go to the boy. I imagine he'll burn it out of spite because I never let him play with any of it. Actually, like Qui-Gon pointed out, alot of POTF2 stuff is worthless. From time to time I let the boy pick a carded figure or two and crack it open. Yes, one day it will all be his. What he'll do with degrading plastic is anybody's guess. And by 2045 a lot of this stuff will be in bad shape. It wasn't made to last that long, it was made to get destroyed by kids in a matter of weeks.

Ambrose Braeden
Sep 11th, 2005, 12:08:42 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
And by 2045 a lot of this stuff will be in bad shape. It wasn't made to last that long, it was made to get destroyed by kids in a matter of weeks.

That is very true.