PDA

View Full Version : APB for a bit of assistance...

Litika Dor
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:58:03 PM
Hey, y'all. Have a bit of an odd request, but hear me out til I'm done. :D

Later on this year, I'll have a project due for my freshman Bible class, Christian Life and Thought, that involves me interviewing--by phone, email, IM, whatever--a non-Christian. The exact assignment is as follows.

Each student will interview a non-Christian with a questionnaire that will be provided by the professor. The interview may be held off-campus, via telephone, e-mail, or IM. Each student will record their responses (this is a time fo the students to listen with respect and restraint so as not to "hammer" the person with one's own view). Then, using the model from the first paper,[referring to an earlier assignment in the class--ed.]and that practiced in class, each student will describe and critique the interviewee's worldview. The interview must be provided with the paper. With this paper, each student must add a paragraph reflecting on the experience...

...and then he lists some example "reflections" for us to use to respond.

I'm just putting out a general inquiry to see if anybody'd be interested in helping me out with this. This is not, I repeat, NOT a debate/argument/shoutmatch, nor is it in any way meant to denegrate my interviewee's beliefs. It is strictly for me to hear what you have to say and then tell my prof my thoughts on your worldview. I'm not in the least interested in bashing you or questioning you, and I think it could be a neat way not just to get to know you a little better, but also to become better acquainted with another person's way of seeing the world. Since we, as humans, tend to get caught up in our own way of seeing things, so often. :P

The assignment won't be due until November 10, so it's not like I'm scrambling to grab somebody in time. I haven't even seen the questionnaire, yet (though, I can tell you, I have a very cool, level-headed prof, and he's not going to pen a bunch of weird, personal, or derogatory questions, so no worries there). I'm just curious to see if anybody here--religious or not, doesn't matter, just needs to be a non-Christian--would feel comfortable helping me out with this.

Thanks!
Sarah (Litika, Rhea, ISJ, Hey you!...y'all get my real name, this time...don't you feel special?? :D)

Phantom
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:03:21 PM
Sounds interesting. Sign me up.

Litika Dor
Sep 8th, 2005, 02:09:55 PM
Gosh, that was quick! :) Thanks so much! When it gets closer to time, I'll PM you and we can pick a time to do the interview!

Anybody else I can put on my list, just in case I need an alternate, or something?

Shawn
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:12:25 PM
Feel free to contact me, via IM, PM, or E-Mail if you need another canidate.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 8th, 2005, 03:25:32 PM
You should deffinately talk to Shawn.

Figrin D'an
Sep 8th, 2005, 04:20:01 PM
I'd be willing to help out as well. IM, PM or email are the best ways to contact me.

Telan Desaria
Sep 11th, 2005, 07:16:51 PM
I volunteer.

PM me for my RL contact information.