PDA

View Full Version : Swg

Eldorack
Sep 5th, 2005, 01:50:38 PM
Who plays it and what server do you play on. I am on the server wanderhome and am close to making jedi.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:05:58 PM
I think most people have moved away from SWG to playing World of Warcraft and Guild Wars

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:13:28 PM
Or City of Heroes (the only one is me however).

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2005, 09:05:12 PM
Oh my.

Pretty much everyone here is playing WoW or Guild Wars.

Ambrose Braeden
Sep 5th, 2005, 10:01:28 PM
delete...sorry

Eldorack
Sep 5th, 2005, 10:02:33 PM
oh ok

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 6th, 2005, 01:13:49 PM
I think Dru still plays SWG though!

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 27th, 2005, 09:08:10 PM
there are still some of us from cc.net who still play, I play it sometimes. I am not sure if there any other posters here who play.

Eldorack
Sep 27th, 2005, 09:10:55 PM
I guess just me and you Carr...lol

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 27th, 2005, 09:13:03 PM
heh yeah, there used to be others like Master Yoghurt, but they stopped playing. For some reason I keep playing lol. I don't play any of the others, I have thought about going with City of Heroes instead of SWG but so far I haven't.

Droo
Sep 28th, 2005, 05:47:02 PM
I have only just cancelled my subsciption with SWG but some days ago. I have seven level 20 characters in Guild Wars and have been playing World of Warcraft for the last nine days and I don't think I'll ever be going back to SWG, mate. Since the combat upgrade, the server on which I played turned into a ghost town, and the new system was extremely clunky and horrible. Shame really, a Star Wars MMORPG should by rights be the best of the lot and sadly, this is not the case.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2005, 08:51:46 PM
I prefer the new system but that is me. I am on Chilastra, in case you were wondering, Eldorack.

Eldorack
Sep 28th, 2005, 09:22:31 PM
I started after the CU so that is all i have played. I have seen the old way played and it sort of the same to me...just a little more starwarsish...and thanks Carr...

Yog
Sep 28th, 2005, 11:00:04 PM
I played SWG for like 9 months or so. Its great in the beginning, but the bad programming, game unbalances, limited interesting end game content, poor customer service and the lack of Star Wars feel and general game immersion tends to catch up with you. There comes a point where you there is not much left to do than grind for Jedi (something that really ruined the game IMO) or being frustrated by bugs and stupid game design.

I played quite a few MMORPGs, and even though I prefer a sci fi setting, World of Warcraft has been the far superior experience for me. That seems to be the case for just about everyone else as well. While I could count the things I do not like in WoW with the fingers of my two hands, I would need spreadsheets for SWG..

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 29th, 2005, 08:21:47 AM
The bugs are my only issue. Mainly because they still rush patches out without really testing them properly. I really couldn't get into WOW, I just don't like Dungeon and dragon style games. They just get old and tiring for me. If I went to another one it would be City of Heroes otherwise I would just quit them all together.