PDA

View Full Version : Aeon Flux Trailer

Shawn
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:53:31 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/aeon_flux/

Faithful? Not in the least. But considering I was expecting this to be absolute garbage, I'm willing to give it a chance now. It looks like it could be a decent popcorn flick.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:22:59 PM
I loved the series. I have all the episodes on tape but by the looks of the trailer, it doesn't look horrible.

I'm keeping my mind open for this one

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2005, 06:35:07 AM
Didn't ever see the original series, but I am sucker for the whole 1984-style utopia/dystopia premise. Will probably give it a watch.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 2nd, 2005, 11:47:36 PM
I thought it looked mediocre in the trailers, but pretty much exceeded my expectations by a lot. I didn't know anything about the anime series going in, but the movie was really good. Two thumbs up. No, make that four. ;)

sirdizzy
Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:33:35 AM
The movie was pretty good, it seemed like a short movie version of a much longer and more in depth series, think Serenity.

Shawn
Dec 3rd, 2005, 09:28:39 AM
11% on Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aeon_flux/)

Yeah, I don't think I'll be wasting my money on this one.

Zereth Lancer
Dec 3rd, 2005, 01:57:28 PM
The trailer didn't excite me very much. So I'll probobly wait till its out on dvd to see it, or not at all..

Tarsis
Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:33:21 PM
Ahahaha, Shawn, you're just like my friend. He won't dare touch a movie unless it gets a rating above a "B". But hey, it's cool. Why waste money on a movie that you think will bomb? Me personally, I don’t care what the critics say, I go and make my own opinion on the movie. Plus, I use to watch the TV show, so I'm kinda interested in seeing how they do with the movie and all.

Shawn
Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:24:03 PM
If a movie has 1 bad review, that's negliable. There's always someone who won't like a great movie (and vice versa). But if it's getting universally panned, across the board... well, that's usually a good reason to be wary.

I'm not asking for "Above a 'B'", but 11% is pathetically low.

I like to form my own opinions on movies, too. Unfortunately, I have neither the money nor the inclination to see every single movie, so I have to rely on reviews and word of mouth.

For the record: The studio didn't have any advance screenings for the movie, which is a sign that they know it's garbage and they're afraid of bad reviews hurting ticket sales.

I'll be catching this one when it's on the movie channels.

Charley
Dec 4th, 2005, 01:17:08 AM
Kung Pow got 8% on RT and it is a hilarious movie. I'm not a slave to critical consensus.

Jedieb
Dec 4th, 2005, 08:27:42 AM
The low rating and the late screenings are a pretty good sign that it's going to stink. It's not about being a slave, just using some common sense. If 9/10 movie goers walk out of a screening with a negative opinion of it then it's probably not that good. And that's all critics are, movie goers that just happen to get paid for watching movies.

9/10 positive = I'll probably like it
9/10 negative = It'll probably suck

Tarsis
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:35:38 AM
Originally posted by Charley
Kung Pow got 8% on RT and it is a hilarious movie. I'm not a slave to critical consensus.

No, no it's not! That movie is a killer of brain cells and IQ points. Lol, I dislike that movie with a passion strong enough to fule the fires of Hell. Enough said I believe >_<

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:56:47 AM
THAT'S ALOT OF NUTS!!!

As far as Aeon Flux is concerned, I am a fanatic of the series; moreso the shorts than the 'episodes' (who isn't), but the fact remains. I remember getting fired up about it when I first heard it was being made with Demi Moore in mind. Then production slammed to a halt and the project left for dead. I was disappointed, but oh well. Then I found out that production had picked back up. Oh man I was ecstatic. UNTIL I saw the first production stills. The moment I saw Aeon I abandoned any hope of this movie being enjoyable for me.

I understand that something like AF is nigh on impossible to translate to live action cinema, but holy crap. What I saw was nothing short of the visual bends. Seeing a still of Scafandra was nifty, but even she was butchered beyond recognition. The trailer for the game looks better than the movie itself, but it's still not Aeon without the hair and skintastic leathers.

I'm sorry. I love Aeon Flux to a very big fault, but this is horrendous and I'd be hardpressed to go see it.

Shawn
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:10:22 AM
Originally posted by Tarsis
No, no it's not! That movie is a killer of brain cells and IQ points. Lol, I dislike that movie with a passion strong enough to fule the fires of Hell. Enough said I believe >_< And you were just criticizing me for trusting the Rotten Tomatoes' averages. :p
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
I'm sorry. I love Aeon Flux to a very big fault, but this is horrendous and I'd be hardpressed to go see it. I know how you feel. My morbid curiosity is going to make me watch it at some point or another, but I just can't make myself part with the $20 or so it'd take to see it in theaters.