PDA

View Full Version : woe is my toe..

Razielle Alastor
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:40:26 PM
I have been stricken with a disease I thought only old men got. Now, since I am neither old nor male, I am quite put out about it. I woke up this morning and couldn't move my right foot and it was swollen and killing me.

The verdict so far is that I have gout (http://www.podiatrychannel.com/gout/). >_< My X-rays also show some weird calcium deposit beneath my toe bone also. O_o

They really won't know until a) my blood tests are back or b) the medicine they prescribed me helps. But until then I am bound to hobble precariously on crutches and be glum.

So everybody I may be holding up ( Jenny, Holly and Dani, methinks :p ) I'm sorry and I'll try to get better quick!

-salutes-

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:10:53 PM
Praying for you and hope you get better soon.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:33:27 PM
You don't type with your feet, woman! Get back to typing!!

;)

Hope you feel better soon! No worries about waiting. :hug

Razielle Alastor
Aug 26th, 2005, 05:05:00 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
You don't type with your feet, woman! Get back to typing!!

|I Sure I do! Can't you tell by my typing? LOL I'll be back soon and thankies!:)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 26th, 2005, 05:14:36 PM
I always used to think that only old men got gout, too, so don't feel bad ^_^;

Get better or else! :)

Michael Cline
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:13:24 PM
Ewww, teh gout.

Get better quickly.

Razielle Alastor
Oct 8th, 2005, 09:11:24 AM
Okay news: I never had gout. I have been walking around since this original post on two broken foot bones! Let's hear it for the ever so acurate ER! :mad

Yog
Oct 8th, 2005, 09:17:20 AM
Wow, that is some crappy diagnosis. How come they did not see that on the X-ray? And how did they get broken in the first place?

Hope you will recover soon! :)

Arya Ravenwing
Oct 8th, 2005, 12:52:39 PM
that is a very long time for them to finally figure out that your foot is broken. :\

Haven't the bones started healing yet? Will they have to rebreak them or something?

Razielle Alastor
Oct 10th, 2005, 05:07:57 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
How come they did not see that on the X-ray? And how did they get broken in the first place?

They are apparently tiny bones, pea size, I think. Sesamoid bones to be exact. Since they are stress fractures I am going to guess I did it the day I climbed the ladder at work barefoot. :rolleyes It was that or heels. They did see somethign on my original x-ray, but my entire chart has mysteriously gone missing, so they did another set of x-ray's and found the problem. LOL! But thanks! :)

Originally posted by Arya Ravenwing
Haven't the bones started healing yet? Will they have to rebreak them or something?

I have to wear these horribly uncomfortable inserts in my shoes that are designed to push the bones back straight and relieve pressure on the joint. The funny thing is, I was prescribed the same medicine for the swelling that I was already taking for gout..

|I

Callista
Oct 10th, 2005, 11:39:54 PM
eegads :( glad it's not gout tho! *hugs* hope you go to a new doctor, lol.... lamezors!

Nayala Palain
Oct 11th, 2005, 09:52:24 PM
haha... sissy....

Dont take my haha wrong.. but I could just see you and gout.