PDA

View Full Version : Exam results! Oh noes!

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:48:37 PM
Yes, tomorrow is the day that I find out the results of my final final exams (also known as A Levels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A2-level)). The grades I get in these three exams, combined with those I've already achieved from last year, will determine my fate for the next 3 years! I need to get higher than two Bs and a C to get into my insurance offer - though my main choice of university requires an AAB to get onto the course I want to do (English Literature degree).

Whatever happens, I'm going to be spending the day with my friends celebrating/commiserating by drinking wine and eating cake.

Fingers crossed, though. :)

Danni Reyok
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:30:36 PM
Holding my breath for you...Don't get drunk:p

Daiquiri
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:23:22 PM
Youre a genius - we all know youll get it with flying colors!! :hug

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:29:29 PM
Originally posted by Danni Reyok
Holding my breath for you...Don't get drunk:p

Don't get drunk? Are you mad!

Originally posted by Daiquiri
Youre a genius - we all know youll get it with flying colors!! :hug

If I do, I really must have done something right in a past life ;)

Shawn
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:39:14 PM
When do you get your O.W.L. results?

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:42:37 PM
Don't be silly, Shawn. I got my OWLs years ago. These are my NEWTs - Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Charms, and Potions. Tough stuff! :uhoh

Droo
Aug 17th, 2005, 06:34:23 PM
Fingers crossed for straight Os then! :uhoh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 17th, 2005, 06:39:47 PM
Originally posted by Vega Van-Derveld
Don't be silly, Shawn. I got my OWLs years ago. These are my NEWTs - Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Charms, and Potions. Tough stuff! :uhoh

Holy - I want to go to the school you're going to!!

Good luck :D And get really drunk!

Hera
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:01:14 PM
Good luck! I know your'e gonna rock it.

Razielle Alastor
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:11:18 PM
:hug of course you'll do wonderful, silly..

Nayala Palain
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:42:15 PM
Rock on Vegs

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:39:46 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
Good luck :D And get really drunk!
:D:thumbup

You'll be fine. You are a geeenius.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:42:38 AM
I don't know what my grades are yet, but they are less than AAB, because I got rejected by my first choice :( My second choice have accepted me though. If I get something like ABB, then I am going to try ringing my first choice to see if they might take me anyway.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:46:38 AM
:( what was your second choice?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:51:50 AM
Northumbria. Both my choices were local, so it doesn't change where I'll be living or anything like that, but Newcastle is a stronger university really. Bleh :\

Lady Vader
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:35:49 PM
Poke 'em and prod 'em until they let you in. The fact you'll be knocking down their doors and trying your darndest to get in will show them you are persistant and want to work and get good grades. Persistance will pay off. :)

Pierce Tondry
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:37:39 PM
Persistence does pay off. It's all about how motivated you are, and whether you can show that to the right people.

However, I know that you will be superlative in whatever you choose Veggy.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:57:35 AM
Here's what I got:

English Literature - A
Information/Communication Technology - B
Psychology - C

I tried calling Newcastle university, with my Literature teacher trying to convince them, but without any luck. On the plus side, all of my friends (bar two) managed to get into their first choices and were very pleased with the results they'd gotten :)

We had an awesome day, regardless. It was hot, so we all went down to the beach for a while before heading into the city to go clubbing. The entire student population seemed to be there. There was a really nice feeling of unity - everyone was just talking to everyone else, even if they didn't know them.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:45:44 AM
You only took three classes? Wow.

Anyway, good luck with Newcastle. :D

Soraya Taveres
Aug 21st, 2005, 06:40:51 AM
I got my A-Level grades last Thursday.

English Literature - A
Biology - B
Maths - B

... I'll be repeating some of the units in January to try and pull up up the two B's, which will probably delay my getting admitted into university (since those results won't come out until like March) but ah well.

.___.;