PDA

View Full Version : DON'T buy Sin City on DVD!

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2005, 06:09:24 PM
I really enjoyed Sin City and I was looking forward to picking it up next Tuesday. But I think I'm gonna wait to feast my eyes on B&W Alba loveliness.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/641/641160p1.html

This Tuesday's release is basically going to be a bare bones release. The 2 disc special version should be out in a few months and I can wait. There's a bit in the interview where Rodriguez says you'll be able to watch each of the 3 story lines without interruption on the SE. He also drops a couple of hints about the sequel which should start filming in Jan.

Tear
Aug 13th, 2005, 06:29:40 PM
Thats awesome! thanks for the heads up:D

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 13th, 2005, 07:38:37 PM
yes, thank you. I shall wait too. I don't want to have to buy two versions like I did Underworld :x

Shawn
Aug 13th, 2005, 07:39:14 PM
Yeah, I knew about the double-dip. I just wonder how long it's going to take. I'm still waiting on that uber-deluxe Kill Bill set. :(

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2005, 09:40:47 PM
I've got both Kill Bill's. I don't know if I could have waited for the SE. Tarrentino is taking his sweet time getting it out. I'll still probably pick it up when it comes out. I hope Rodriguez is serious about getting the Sin City SE out soon. It'd make the perfect X-Mas gift. :)

ReaperFett
Aug 14th, 2005, 02:06:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/ReaperFett/MeAndMiller.jpg

Frank Miller rules :D

Shawn
Aug 14th, 2005, 04:20:31 PM
Haha. He looks like such a bitter old man.

Telan Desaria
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:52:20 PM
Who is Frank Miller?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:02:08 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Who is Frank Miller?

I don't know you :mad

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:06:57 PM
He looks like he's about to crush you. Look at that grip on your arm!!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:09:46 PM
There's this strained look of 'oh God the crushing agony... uurrnnggghuurrr' on Fett's face. That picture is great, and I am forever envious of you, Senor Reaperfett :)

Shawn
Sep 9th, 2005, 03:28:08 PM
DISC ONE

- Original Feature Film Presentation
- Feature Commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller
- Feature Commentary with Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino
- Feature Commentary of Austin Premiere Audience Reaction

-- Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes --

-A Hard Top With A Decent Engine: The Cars of Sin City
-Making the Monsters: Special Effects & Make-Up
-Trench Coats and Fishnets: The Costumes of Sin City
-Booze, Broads & Guns: The Props of Sin City
-How It Went Down: Convincing Frank Miller to Make The Film
-Giving The Characters Life: Casting the Film
-Special Guest Director, Quentin Tarantino

- Sin-Chroni-City Interactive: As the viewer watches Sin City, it becomes apparent that the characters and their stories are not isolated, but intertwined. It is also revealed that the timelines for these stories are not in synch�and yet not entirely independent. This interactive feature allows the user to get a timeline view of the happenings of Sin City. The user can see the overview schematic of the scenes in chronological order and then zoom in for more detail on any of the events.

- Teaser and Theatrical Trailers

DISC TWO

- Sin City Recut Extended Unrated Feature Film Presentation (with 23 added minutes)
Full-length expanded cuts of each individual episode ('Customer Is Always Right',' The Hard Goodbye', 'Big Fat Kill' and 'That Yellow Bastard') split out into short films, each with their own title cards and in their own complete form; viewers can watch separately and in any order desired.

- 15 Minute Flick School - Showing how everything was done, including the development of the look of the movie before there was financing, plus early screen tests, rehearsal tapes, final effects. Narrated and cut by Robert Rodriguez.

- All Green Version - A high speed look at the entire movie with only its green screen elements.

- The Long Take - A full uninterrupted 17 minute take during the filming of Quentin's segment. Audience gets to see what it's like to sit in the middle of a whirlwind of creativity while the camera is rolling. They never call cut, so everyone is concentrating, working, experimenting and being creative for 17 minutes straight. Very interesting to watch, and hear everyone brainstorming and improvising. Clive, Nicotero, Rodriguez, Tarantino, and Del Toro, Stevie J, all doing their thing at one point or another.

- Sin City: Live in Concert - Sin City filmmakers, cast and crew head over to Antone's restaurant one night after shooting 'That Yellow Bastard' so Bruce Willis' and Robert's band Chingon could play a benefit show. Shows the full version of Bruce and his band playing the song "Devil Woman" and Rodriguez and his band playing the 'Theme from Sin City.'

- 10 Minute Cooking School: Sin City Breakfast Tacos Rodriguez's meal of choice during the lnog night hours of making Sin City. Shows how to make Rodriguez�s grandma's secret homemade flour tortilla recipe as well.Comes out December 13th, and is estimated to be $39.99 (although I'll bet that Best Buy has in on the cheap release day). It'll also come with a complete copy of Sin City, aka "The Hard Goodbye".

Take notice of the extended and seperated cuts of each story. Instead of having the seperate stories spliced up into one long film, you'll be able to sit down and watch an extended cut of each story, in their entirety.

Jedieb
Dec 13th, 2005, 09:32:18 PM
It's finally here! If you even remotely liked this movie this will make a great X-Mas present. I only had time tonight to look at a couple of the extras. The first disc has the theatrical release. The second disc has the goodies that make this worth the wait. This is what a special edition SHOULD be. You can watch each storyline, uninterrupted! One of the more interesting features is the ability to watch the entire movie on green screen. You see everything in color with minimal sets and effects. That's pretty friggin' cool. The commentaries feature everyone from Willis to Rodriguez. And for you Frank Miller fans, you get plenty of glimpses of him on set directing certain scenes. Man, I can't wait for the X-Mas break so I can really get into this DVD.

JMK
Dec 14th, 2005, 08:52:12 AM
Sounds like they knocked one out of the park. Can't wait to get my hands on that one. :)