PDA

View Full Version : The Batman

Mitch
Aug 6th, 2005, 09:57:15 PM
Question: How can you take something that was done perfectly only a few years ago, and re-do it without at least using some of the cues from the previosu version's goodness?

Answer: I'm not sure, but Cartoon Network sure pulled it off with their new cartoon series, "The Batman."

It's simply dreadful. All of the brilliant design and smooth animation that Bruce Timm worked so hard to create has been completely abandoned, and the script wrting is terrible. It appears to be done by the same team who did the new TMNT series, and it's even worse.

I don't get it, they could simpyl re-broadcast the previous Batman: The Animated Series show and it would: look better, attract more viewers, and sell more toys because it's a vastly superior show. Gah, I'll never let my cartoons get this bad.

Phantom
Aug 6th, 2005, 11:01:41 PM
I agree Batman: The animated series was an excellent show; one of my personal favorites. Thank god I haven't seen this new Batman show, but unfortunately Batman is not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last show that will be ruined by morons, I mean look at Transformers and like you said TMNT.

Shawn
Aug 7th, 2005, 07:35:28 AM
Mark Hamill isn't the voice of the Joker in The Batman. Hence, it's not worth watching.

Mitch
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:28:34 PM
I looks like they tried to make it look like Batman Begins, but failed miserably on every level. The animation is choppy, the voices don't fit the characters, and the looks of the caracters aren't even right.

I have just written a letter to them letting them know how I feel. I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 9th, 2005, 05:29:34 PM
I've seen an episode or two. Bruce Wayne has a beak in this one, kids.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 9th, 2005, 10:37:12 PM
The Batman: The Animated Series was so incredibly stellar. I mean, yeah. I should find DVDs or something.

Sejah Haversh
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:56:36 AM
Seasons 1-3 of Batman: The Animated Series are out on DVD,a nd can be had for the BARGAIN price of about $35 per season. Yep, that's 24 episodes for only $35.

This new show isn't worth 35 cents.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 12th, 2005, 08:12:49 AM
The new show sucks, if you want to watch a good batman watch the Justice League on CN at least it is sure looks and sounds better. Of course Timm is behind that so it makes sense.

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2005, 06:23:00 PM
I've got the first 2 seasons of Batman on DVD. My son adores them. I'm probably going to pick up the 3rd, it's already out. While Schmuckmacker was running the movies into the ground, the best Batman stories to be found on screen were the animated ones. Right now, Justice League Unlimited is amazing and it gives you the best animated Batman stories being told.

That being said, I like The Batman. It's a different take on the Batman mythos. It's a completely different style from the glory that was Timm's Batman, but it's certainly better than the new Transformers cartoons. I simply can't stand them. The voice overs are horrible and the animation plain sucks.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 13th, 2005, 10:14:57 PM
Maybe this show will hit its stride in later episodes and really become something. I think the potential might be there. Honestly, though, I am not expecting that potential to be realized. I think this rendition of the mythos is too light on the substance that makes a great cartoon and too heavy on ingredients that someone thought would be a neat idea at the time.

Mu Satach
Aug 20th, 2005, 06:48:23 PM
Originally posted by JediebWhile Schmuckmacker was running the movies into the ground, the best Batman stories to be found on screen were the animated ones.

Too true... my Batman movies at home go Batman, Batman Returns straight to Batman:Mask of the Phantasm... I love that cartoon.

There's nothing jumping out about design of any of the characters to me from the new series. To me it looks like a mish mash of styles from several different cartoons.

Baralai Lotus
Aug 31st, 2005, 01:39:50 PM
The Batman has potential, but yes Bruce does have a beak and I really don't like his voice. As for the villains, don't even get me started. What's with Penguin and his Asian chicks? Why does Joker have overly long hair that is just annoying? Why does Catwoman have to look so goofy? These are simple problems and they could all be fixed. I loved Batman: The Animated Series and I remember coming home to watch it everyday. It was by far one of my favorite cartoons of all time and always will be. The Batman is good for its style and the audience its aimed at, but for those of us who grew up with Timm's Batman will never appreciate this new one.

Sejah Haversh
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:47:47 PM
The new Batman isn't even good for it's style. It's Amerimae, which is even worse than anime because it's downgrading potential to meet with the incredibly low standards of young anime-stricken kids who don't know better.

The Batman is terrible. Just plain terrible.