PDA

View Full Version : Stealth

Zasz Grimm
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:22:33 PM
Anyone else seen it yet? I went in expecting something mediocre and left the theater very pleased. There were a couple far-fetched scenes, specifically one I can recollect. Eddie shooting that fuel line, and fueling up- one shot would've set that whole thing on fire, I believe. And Gannon flying even NEAR that cloud of jet fuel would've ignited it.

But aside from those two bits, I enjoyed it, and I will buy it when it's released. I also enjoyed the way Eddie evolved, what he turned into.

...Didn't go just because of Jessica Biel...Or did I?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:20:57 AM
It was fun, but pretty stupid overall.

Sanis Prent
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:10:04 AM
Looks pretty terrible, but s'Il wants to see it :(

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:56:53 AM
Well, I actually would rather see this as a rental, I think. Partially because it's too much work to actually drive to the theatre and be around people :\

Though, I must admit that it's nice to see a mostly good review about it. I stopped by Liquorhead's review and got a might bit scared after reading his as well as other Goon's opinions/thoughts of it.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:12:29 PM
It's entertaining. It's a 'buy popcorn and check your brain at the door' flick. Don't go their for the plot, go their for the really cool planes. Cause, their really cool. And you see alot of em.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:03:08 AM
I heard it has some horrendous dialogue and is pretty much just a soap opera with planes. Not interesting :x

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 5th, 2005, 12:36:30 PM
Planes and jets are ALWAYS interesting, sillypants :p

Shawn
Aug 5th, 2005, 12:41:31 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
I stopped by Liquorhead's review and got a might bit scared after reading his as well as other Goon's opinions/thoughts of it. Liquorhead's reviews are pretty hit and miss with me. Overall, I find that he enjoys a lot of films I really don't like.

That said, I hadn't heard of Stealth until I saw this thread. Hitting up IMDB provided me with "From the Director of xXx and The Fast and the Furious", so I think I'll pass.

General Dan
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:27:39 PM
I will probably rent it so I can figure out why we couldn't just let this plane that "has the ability to kill 50 thousand people" just run out of gas.

Would a dogfighting plane's fuel reserves last longer than a high budget and low quality action movie's running length? Only Mr. Owl knows.

Mitch
Aug 5th, 2005, 11:22:28 PM
Ah, the'll probably give it its own nuclear reactor or something like that so it can always have power.

You know, because that makes sense...