Dimensions
: Keel – 190m
: Beam – 40m (nose)/110m (wingspan)
: Mast – 50m (hull)

Armaments
-x2 Kruppx Dual-turbolaser turrets
-x2 Dossall Arms Light Ion Cannon
-x10 QF Laser Cannon (Casement-mounted)
-x1 QF Concussion Missile Battery (3 tubes/30 stored missiles)

-x1 TaggeCo All-purpose Tractor Beam Projector

Shields – x2 Novaldex Deflector Shield Generators/ x1 Novaldex Matter-Projectile Shield Emitter

Compliment – NONE
((Docking collar extends from amidships, either flank))

Crew – 19 officers, 119 crew; 20 FAC troops, 1 FAC officer

Propulsion – 4 Tessik-Drive engines

Design Specifications

The Narres-class Gunship is the perfect addition to the Imperial Navy at a time when larger warships, powerful in their own right, are ill-suited for the majority of missions. Boasting the speed necessary to pursue typically smaller Rebel vessels, it also has sufficient weaponry to deter, if not defeat, any capital ships the Naares-class encounters.

Unique to the Naares among other class-vessels, such as the Corellian-model gunships, is a tractor beam and boarding capability. The Naares retains two squads of Fleet-Assault Corps troops to make good any inspection or detainment.

In keeping with other ships of the same specification and, in part because of a lack of shuttle-capacity, the Naares has the ability to both land and take off from atmospheric conditions.

Design Appearance

The Naares has an angular bow section housing command and tractor functions then flows aft into a central hull spar. Aft is the drive section as well as primary living quarters and auxiliary control. Drive engines are mounted aft, two atop two. There is a wing fixed perpendicular the ship’s axis and descends evenly ventral from the hell itself. The wing serves to aide stability in atmosphere and also houses maneuvering jets for deep-space agility.

((OOC - picture to coom soon)))

Telan Desaria
Aug 4th, 2005, 10:32:53 AM
Naares

Khendon Sevon
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:28:37 PM
StarCraft

Telan Desaria
Aug 4th, 2005, 04:48:50 PM
I don't know - -I found the picture online under a search for cruisers and it appealed to me - -it was the inspiration for my design. So imagine it with a few Imperial touches, and yes - -the Naares-class Gunship is born.

Karl Valten
Aug 4th, 2005, 06:07:21 PM
I like the design.

Kind of is a shame to see a Terrain Battlecruiser demoted to a gunhip, but that's the starcraft fanatic in me. ;)

Telan Desaria
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:43:01 PM
I envisioned it as more a swooping bird of prey than a lumbering battleship. That place of honour wqill always be reserved for the mighty wedge shaped Star Destroyer, in all of its incarnations.

BTW - -I am working on a new Abolisher design, any suggestions?

Darth Viscera
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:53:12 PM
Abolishers aren't allowed at swfans

Telan Desaria
Aug 5th, 2005, 01:14:00 PM
Why? Who said?

Khendon Sevon
Aug 5th, 2005, 01:41:13 PM
The community hates them.

You've been researching SW physics? How are you planning on improving it? Adding more guns?

Telan Desaria
Aug 5th, 2005, 02:14:39 PM
Making the Abolisher have one generator and giving it a strike capacity. 4 squadrons and a few assault ships. Light armor, fast attack speed. The Interdictor just brings in/traps. My idea would set the trap and also go in for the kill.

Khendon Sevon
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:22:17 PM
Uhh... lol?

Where would you use these? If it's in a fleet, it doesn't need the squadrons and "strike capacity" and only one generator would decrease its range.

If it's attacking in a pack or individually, good luck having it survive against anything... it would only be useful if an enemy decided to randomly run into hyperspace near its small area of influence.

There's no point! Telan, why do you always make designs with no point!

Telan Desaria
Aug 6th, 2005, 03:44:34 PM
I never said you had to use it. I was intending it to be stand-alone vessel, something akin to a patrol ship. .. most of my designs have points, btw.

Khendon Sevon
Aug 6th, 2005, 09:06:55 PM
Didn't I just say that it would suck alone? Besides, you have a higher probability of messing up our own traffic than destroying any “brigands”.

Telan Desaria
Aug 7th, 2005, 09:08:43 AM
You are a very supportive person, Khendon. Have you considered trying to aide my in improving my designs rather than deriding them totally?

Khendon Sevon
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:51:08 AM
I might try if the Abolisher were allowed/worth a damn.

It's a piece of technology that some silly writers found entertaining. Strategically, it's stupid unless you know an enemy is approaching. If you place an Abolisher chain (since they have very limited range and can only hold a charge for so long) around your space you’re more likely to destroy your own traffic than destroy a fleet.

Additionally, a fleet worth its salt isn’t going to jump into an area blindly—at least, I would never do that. That’s why we have probes and recon vessels. If they don’t return a signal, one should assume there’s a trap.

Of course, I assumed you would know that, being a strategist and all.

Telan Desaria
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:58:57 AM
I am a tactician. Not a strategist. hence why I always make IC use of a General Stafff.

Khendon Sevon
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:20:20 PM
Tactics is the collective name for methods of winning a small-scale conflict, performing an optimization, etc. This applies specifically to warfare, but also to economics, trade, games and a host of other fields such as negotiation.

A strategy is a long term plan of action designed to achieve a particular goal. Strategy applies to many disparate fields, such as: *Military strategy*Marketing strategies*Strategic management*Football strategy*Game theoretical strategy*Economic strategy*Neuro-linguistic programming strategy

How can you be “Supreme Commander” of the Navy without knowing strategy?

How can you be a Grand Admiral without knowing strategy?