PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is wrong with my dogs?!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:55:57 AM
Ok, so they're not really my dogs, but shoot; they might as well be. I don't even feed or water them yet my front porch is some sort of collecting ground for neighbor-people's canines. One turned into two, two into three, and now I'm up to four - some dingo looking dog, a dalmation, a boxer-mix puppy, and a shelty (at least I'm pretty sure it's a shelty).

I don't mind them all that much, since about the only thing they did to annoy me was dig holes in the driveway and park themselves infront of the car whenever I'm trying to get to work. At least, this was all they used to do.

But no - someone always has to up the ante and outdo the other, and apparently I'm just pure awesome in their eyes for some obscure reason. I really wish I knew what they are so keen on. Whatever it is, it seems that they've decided the best way to let me know of their love is to deliver dead animals on my doorstep. I thought cats did that with birds and mice, not dogs.

So far the body count is at two in only three week's time.

The first was a rabbit that they had lovingly laid out right in front of the porch steps like some trophy. This deed was performed sometime during a Saturday morning after I'd gotten home from work. They must have known that I hate my six day workweek schedule, and so thought it a nice present to bestow upon me. Fair enough I suppose :\

Yesterday, upon arriving home from a tiring drive and a relaxing weekend of liquor, they had another surprise waiting for me. A little black and white kitten. This time ON MY PORCH.

An early morning/after work Wal Mart trip for a shovel/ant killer/maggot killer and a beer later, I fixed this latest problem.

So, I just got done burying a kitten :| How did you all start your day?

Kelt Simoson
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:02:36 AM
You and you're animals, anyone would think you run some sort of zoo the way you collect them...lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:35:21 AM
:( A kitten?? Call animal control and tell them that stray dogs are harrassing you, and that you're worried they'll hurt your kitties.

Daiquiri
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:10:50 AM
If the area where Sil is doesnt have an adoption agency, then a call to animal control means death for the 4 dogs.

Have you asked around to see if they belong to anyone? Better yet, you could call AC and check what their policy is. If adoption is viable, make the call...but keep the boxer pup :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:15:38 AM
If they have owners then tell them to get better fences and keep their dogs away from your house. :)

Akrabbim
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:24:59 AM
Shotgun w/ salt charges. Problem solved.

Tear
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:08:47 PM
Who say's its the dogs?

*Coughs up a kitten fur* ....:D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:12:49 PM
Well, I have a very good idea as to whose dogs they are. I'm generally a pretty tolerant person, but if it happens again I'm going to leave a note (yes, it will be nice) for them expressing my dislike for the sacrificing that is happening in my honor.

I was gone all weekend, so I wouldn't put it past you, Tear :p

Jaime Tomahawk
Aug 1st, 2005, 04:47:23 PM
Originally posted by Tear
Who say's its the dogs?

*Coughs up a kitten fur* ....:D

Die by Wedgy

Mandy with an I
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:37:39 PM
We owned a hound-cross when I lived out in the country (a long long time ago) who would bring us bones, skins and skulls of animals and lay them out on our front lawn. We lived at the entrance of a camp ground, so, it was a little gross.

Hopefully it won't happen again. <font size=1>esp. if I'm visiting!</font> ^_^;

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 17th, 2005, 06:29:20 AM
2 more kittens - one on the porch and one in the yard. Both little black and white babies.

That note is going up in ten minutes. I've had enough of this crap.

Daiquiri
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:11:59 AM
Agreed. At this point, Id call animal control.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:26:52 AM
Well, I went to the barn, and was lucky enough to catch someone there. I asked if the dogs were housed at the barn, and she said yes; so my suspicions were correct, thank goodness. I told her what was going on, and she felt really bad; said she was really sorry and that she would talk to the owner of the barn. I thanked her, and came back home to bury the kittens. Gawd the stench was so horrible - I ended up dry heaving in the driveway and had to douse them in fragrant ant killer before I could continue :\

Hopefully these last two are the last ones I'll have to bury :(

ninja edit - and then I found a spider in my car. I tried to kill it with a lighter (haha, kill it with fire, see what I did there?), but it still got away. It's still loose in the car and now I'm scared to get in there for when I have to inevitably go get gas later today. My what a lovely morning!

Razielle Alastor
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:23:55 AM
:( A spider once dropped from my sun visor right in front of my face when I was driving. I quite nearly went off the road in terror. Don't follow in my footsteps. More flamage Ninja girl!

And good for you for saying something! :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:33:36 AM
I can see it now:

me: Hey boss? It's me, s'Il.
boss: Hey s'Il.
me: I'm gonna be a little late coming in tonight... there's a spider in my car. (whispering now) It's hiding in there; I know it's planning to kill me and take over the house. If I don't get there by midnight, call John Goodman.
boss: ...

Lady Vader
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:53:46 AM
:cry about the kittens!

Some momma cat musta had babies and now the dogs are on a rampage. But really, leaving them around your property is bleh. :\

If you feel the need, you might start a search for where these dogs are getting these kittens from. Maybe you can save the rest of the litter and find an adoption agency. But don't keep them or you'll end up being known as the Crazy Cat Lady... or maybe you already are... :p

As for the spider in the car :lol I had that happen to me one time. I was lucky enough to swoop in with a tissue and smear it's guts across the windows. Quite satisfying. Hope you catch the sucker... before IT catches YOU! >D :p

Mandy with an I
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:45:27 PM
WTF. They behaved for a whole week without murdering anything, and now this :( Poor s'Il :hug

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:49:32 AM
I had a spider on my arm while I was driving once. I nearly ran off the road too. :eek

I hope the problem gets taken care of, Christin. :hug

davros
Aug 20th, 2005, 02:19:26 PM
Is that the Bumpus hounds???? LOL. :lol

"The Christmas Story"

Sanis Prent
Aug 21st, 2005, 04:09:21 PM
Five days to solve this, or I'm going to solve it for you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 21st, 2005, 09:35:49 PM
Charley the Spider Slayer. ;)

j/k I know you were talking about the dogs.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:53:05 AM
Actually, funny you should mention spiders. Saturday night while walking to my car, I sideswiped a HUGE spiderweb in Charley's front lawn - we're talking from a rather high (ok, I'm short so it's high for me) tree branch TO THE GROUND.

I spent the next ten minutes swiping at spiderwebs be they real or not. I still remember looking at the remaining web and seeing the beast of death sitting right in the middle of it and gloating.

And Charley? Did he go and kill that spider? Of course not. All he did was laugh at me :(

Tear
Aug 23rd, 2005, 11:33:41 AM
My rule on spiders

If they're outside its their realm so killage of said spider(s) is a rare option. But crawling around my feet is one of those rare instances and they better hope im busy doing something else and wont take the two seconds it takes to squash the little crawly.

If they're in my house its the death penalty. Unless they are young then its just a warning..

In a window its optional. I usually leave them to catch mosquitios or any other flyin critter that might make a break into my home. (This is outside the window and not inside.)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2005, 11:42:58 AM
Ah, spiders. Ask Kelt about his manly behaviour when he was confronted by a spider when he visited me recently. He refused to even drink out of the cup that we caught it in, even after it had been washed. To be fair, it freaked me out too, but I expected more of him! :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:56:16 PM
My home is a 'no bug' zone. My two cats kill anything that flutters or crawls that isn't bigger than them.

Just Sunday Spooky was stalking a little bitty spider that was crawling around on the ceiling. The cat jumped straight up from the back of our arm chair and nearly touched the ceiling. It was incredible. Missed the spider though, Ty had to hold him up so he could kill it later.

Jack
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:27:19 PM
Shut it you! That spider was big! :P

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:28:08 PM
Originally posted by Jack
Shut it you! :P

:angel

minus man points for you, my friend

Jack
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:29:17 PM
You could hear it taping on the side of the glass, give me some credit!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:30:17 PM
Tapping ... looking for a weakness to exploit and make good it's escape I imagine.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:31:33 PM
It was just ramming its tiny arachnid skull into the cup as hard as it could, so that it could explode out of its plastic cage, leap onto our faces and lay eggs in our eyes.

Zabian Bal-Wandler
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:33:56 PM
:x That was pretty rancid :-p

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:59:23 PM
Did you know that, on average, throughout your entire lifetime you will swallow eight spiders while sleeping?

Tear
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:16:55 PM
mmm crawly protein...

Lady Vader
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:40:24 PM
That does it. I'm sewing my lips shut. :x

Bandage
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:45:03 PM
And six cockroaches if I'm not mistaken.......

And I think like one fly.....those things are fast....

I say, at least when a spider gets in one's mouth, the instinct to chew will take over, and it will be dead when it is swallowed. The acid will incinerate it, thus killing any chances of eggs.........

And to think, all I wanted was a free breakfast.....I swear it's a conspiracy......

And the deadliest spider? Granddaddy longlegs. Mouth too small to bite.......and I played with those all the time as a child.....go fig...

Michael Cline
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:58:54 PM
Originally posted by Bandage
And the deadliest spider? Granddaddy longlegs. Mouth too small to bite.......and I played with those all the time as a child.....go fig...

Actually that's an urban legend.

Spiders give me the willies.