PDA

View Full Version : My new store...

jjwr
Jul 31st, 2005, 03:37:10 PM
I know I don't have much in the way of Star Wars right now, and to be honest its probably the third on my list behind Joes & TF's but figured I would post this here and hopefully Jedieb won't mind :)

I just finished this today, been well over a month of work but I think it will be worth it!

www.reiltoys.com

At the very least I'd love to hear some opinions & thoughts.

Jedieb
Jul 31st, 2005, 08:11:15 PM
I know I don't have much in the way of Star Wars right now, and to be honest its probably the third on my list behind Joes & TF's but figured I would post this here and hopefully Jedieb won't mind
Wow, I had no idea I was the mod of the Collecting forum! ;)

So, is this an online store you've got going? It looks great. I'll tell you right now, that's a great deal you've got on Ephant Mon. $10 and shipping is more than reasonable for that pieco o plastic. I took a quick look through the Transformers section. Very reasonable prices. I'd suggest you get as many pics up as possible. Custormers always like to see the actual item.

Great job, I hope it does well for you. :thumbup

jjwr
Aug 1st, 2005, 07:09:53 AM
I could have swore you were a mod...oh well :)

Yup its my store, I had previously just listed all my spare Joe stuff on my site in a html/excel dump and it worked but it was clunky and hard to update and as I bought more and more Joe collections I would end up with more and more spares to the point where I figured I might as well open a "store".

I do need to add more pictures but I'm not sure how far I'm going to go. With all of my Joe Complete figures, Army Builders, Vehicles, MOSC items I want the picture to be the actual item, I'm thinking of taking more "generic" shots that I can use so they can see the item itself, but not the actual item they are buying.

JMK
Aug 1st, 2005, 12:51:10 PM
So is this your full-time enterprise?

Good job dude, it's a terrific start!

jjwr
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:35:38 PM
Nah, this is something I do outside of my regular 40hr job. Its not really meant to be a full time thing, more a way to organize what I was already doing and at leats make it look semi professional.

Jedieb
Aug 1st, 2005, 07:00:05 PM
That's a great way to keep things organized. Especially if you've built up your Joe collection by buying large collections at flea markets or ebay. Do you have all your Joe stuff on display or is it in storage? I'd love to see some pics.

jjwr
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:00:59 AM
Sadly most of it is in storage right now. When we bought our house I staked out a lot of the basement but it wasn't quite set up like I had hoped so I can't quite display the stuff as easily as I want to. I am going to get some up on display and get some pictures posted

The following page has some of my stuff, my Joe boxes(I've gotten a few more since this) is the first set of pictues. The second is a section of the basement, all the bins are filled with Joe figures sorted by year, the smaller bins have parts, accessories, paperwork, etc. Eventually I'll get more organized.

http://www.reiltoys.com/Old%20Site/Collection/collection.htm

JMK
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:47:08 AM
Boy do those pictures ever bring back a lot of memories. It's part of the reason why I've hung on to most of the boxes from the SW stuff I've bought in since 95. I can't wait to break them out 10-20 years from now and remember how great it was be a collector again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:58:18 AM
Amazing O_O

Please tell me you have the SkyShark thingy - that one was always my favorite :D

Jedieb
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:36:32 AM
Beautiful collection! We are two sides of a collecting coin, one side SW, the other Joe. Tell me you've got a Flag battleshipt stashed in there somewhere!

I share your love of old packaging. Whenever I buy a vintage SW vehicle I always try to get the box to go along with it. Nothing brings back memories like seeing the box you tore into as a kid. But displaying the things can be a pain. They take up alot of space. I use them to fill empty shelf space. They can also make great backdrops.

If you're setting your display up in your basement you should look at places like Lowes or Home Depot for shelves. Everyonce in awhile you find great deals on shelves. I saw some nice tall black shelves the other day that were pretty reasonable and easy to put together. Hanging ships also saves some shelf space and I love the way ships look when they're hung from the ceiling. I've got 2 sections of "flying" ships and I think they look great. I've got to update my room pics soon.

jjwr
Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:13:16 PM
Thanks guys!

I've kept all the boxes from my newer SW Stuff as well but those don't look as cool. You really can't beat the artwork on the 80's Joe vehicles, they're all just incredible.

I definetly have a SkySharc, very cool little vehicle, no box though.

I've got the Flagg but its in pieces, its hard to find room for a 7 1/2" foot Air Craft Carrier :)

A few of the boxes are sealed, one of which(Rolling Thunder, big green vehicle with 2 massive misslse) was one of my favorites as a kid and I remember getting it but never built it(my mom had my brother do it) so I bought one Sealed and on X-Mas 2 years ago I opened it up and built it again :)

I gotta agree though Jedieb, old packages are great. I wish I had more of the other toy lines, I have a grand total of 1 Vintage Star Wars Box(B-Wing) and 1 Transformer(Blurr). Obviously Joes are my favorites but I have smaller more refind collections of the others where my Joe collection is just huge(500+ figures).

Boba Fett
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:32:12 PM
You wouldn't have a Stretch Armstrong, would you?

Jedieb
Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:08:22 PM
My favorite boxed vintage piece is the Death Star Playset. Sadly, it's stored away in the attic. I need to get it out. The only vintage boxes I've got out right now are the Y-Wing and the Tie Interceptor. The only other line I ever really got into was the recent Simpsons line. Eventually it got to be too much and I sold most of it off. I even had a radioactive Homer, the first 2 Treehouse of Horror sets, and the first couple of waves. I don't think I'll ever get into any other lines.

jjwr
Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:04:44 AM
I've stopped delving into other lines as well, I do want to fill out a few of the smaller lines I had as a kid but I'm sticking with what I have.

I took a few more pictures last night, one with the Partial Flagg so those who don't know what it is can see at least part of it and get an idea of its size. I will get these posted later today.

jjwr
Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:33:11 PM
Ok just for Jedieb I put up some new pictures!

http://www.reiltoys.com/Old%20Site/Collection/collection.htm

I do apologize for the quality of the pictures, my digital camera is a combo digital camcorder and it takes decent pictures but has no flash so anything low light comes out looking really grainy and my basement qualifies.

The first set of pictures is the Tower & main Deck piece for the G.I.Joe Aircraft Carrier USS Flagg, its a 6ft table and the deck piece takes up most of it. The two vehicles in front of my Whales, the regular green one and the '89 TRU Exclusive Night Force one.

I threw a Tomax & some Crimson Guards on the tower for fun and in the last picture put my AT-AT in there for perspective on its size. When the tower goes on the actual ship the bottom floor is actually below deck so its not quite that tall when full assembled.

The others are just some pictures of my TF's on display, again not a great picture due to where they are located in the room.

JMK
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:34:02 PM
Those are awesome. I miss my old toys so much! :cry

Jedieb
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:18:09 PM
Nice job of putting an AT-AT on there to give us a sense of the size of that beautiful monster! If Hasbro ever made a Sail Barg, Star Destroyer, or Death Star playset of that scale I'd die a happy collector.

JMK
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:41:03 PM
They should really make the Executor in that scale. Imagine how cool that would be!