PDA

View Full Version : s'Il and I are gone to New Orleans

Sanis Prent
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:46:10 PM
We'll be away all weekend, with a chance of being back Sunday night.

Sudoku
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:47:13 PM
Bring us back something nice ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2005, 12:31:54 AM
have a good time guys

Daiquiri
Jul 29th, 2005, 12:57:22 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
have a good time guys

...and be careful!! :hug

Liam Jinn
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:01:03 AM
You'd better try a new imported beer or something, else the trip will be worthless..

But have a good time! :)

Sanis Prent
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:05:46 AM
Originally posted by Liam Jinn
You'd better try a new imported beer or something, else the trip will be worthless..

But have a good time! :)

This is one of the few times I'll refuse that.

The only beer that should be had in the Big Easy is Abita and all of its variants, especially Turbodog and Purple Haze.

Abita Plant Tour = free beer.

Liam Jinn
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:07:09 AM
Uh, purple haze? Are you sure you're talking about beer?

Sanis Prent
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:09:10 AM
Yes. If I recall correctly, its a hefeweizen with raspberry added. Very classy.

Liam Jinn
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:10:38 AM
Wow, something I'm going to have to try one day, you know of a cheap place online to get it from?

Sanis Prent
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:15:18 AM
No, but you should be able to find this in just about any well-stocked grocer or sports bar.

There's a restaurant down the road from my house that carries it on draft. That's how I got acquainted with it to begin with.

The raspberry is really subtle and supportive of the malt & hops action going on in there. It doesn't dominate the pallate. Kind of similar to Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat in that regard, and less like Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde, which I think is a little too sweet.

Come to think of it, just about everything in Pete's Wicked line is geared sweet. Their original Wicked Brown Ale is citrusey, and their seasonal Oktoberfest smacks of maple syrup going down.

Liam Jinn
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:18:01 AM
Honestly, I've never seen it. But they just started selling beer in my town, so maybe it'll pop up soon.

Zasz Grimm
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:53:46 AM
Originally posted by Liam Jinn
Honestly, I've never seen it. But they just started selling beer in my town, so maybe it'll pop up soon.

Before people freak out, alot of eastern texas, beleive it or not, is primarily 'dry' counties. Whenever I was leaving, Wood county was just allowing.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2005, 04:04:22 PM
You two have fun and be safe! :hug

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2005, 06:17:31 PM
we're back and tired :)

Hera
Jul 31st, 2005, 09:05:50 PM
wb :wave

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 1st, 2005, 06:50:52 AM
I left my stomach somewhere on Bourbon Street :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:42:18 AM
ew!

wb guys :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:27:51 PM
I'm back too. Oy.

Hera
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:29:08 PM
:hug Morg

Clive Jerrard
Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:48:21 PM
Beer with raspberry?

That reminds me of a question I had for you, Charley... I wanna try some beers, but the "normal" kinds leave a dry after-taste on my tongue that I don't particularly like.

This beer with raspberry you mentioned perked my interest though... do you know of any beers with a semi-fruity taste to it?

I'm the type that likes sweet or fruity things for the most part. Sometimes sour. Bitter I can handle in my coffee. And stuff with kick I can take in tiny sips. But the dry... I dunno... my tongue doesn't seem to approve.

Help?

Sanis Prent
Aug 3rd, 2005, 02:28:09 PM
Aforementioned Abita Purple Haze is one.

My favorite is Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat.

Other good ones come from Pete's Wicked brewery.

Pete's Wicked Ale is a brown ale with a citrus aftertaste. Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde is a light beer with a very persistent strawberry aftertaste, and Pete's Summer Brew is another light brew, this time with a hint of lemon. Pete's Wicked Oktoberfest is a seasonal selection, and I find it has a maple kick to it.

Any of the lime beers are good with a wedge of lime squeezed into them as well. Of these I would recommend Red Stripe, a Jamaican import.

Varla
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:50:48 PM
OMG! Charley is evolving!!! :lol I think :D

Charley
Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:28:49 PM
What? It's beer. This isn't to be confused with rotgut such as Smirnoff Ice or Bacardi O2 or anything. It's malt & hops, with choice of grain, and a flavor accent, just like any other beer out there.

Lady Vader
Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:45:14 PM
Awesome! Thanks Charley! I'm gonna try one of those. I'm assuming they can be purchased at any well-stocked grocer or liquer store.

And just for kicks:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/Nevlonniel/Miscellanious/absolutsith.gif

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:24:09 AM
Rie - Smirnoff Ice and Bicardi O3 are both awesome, but not beer. I <3 O3

Boba Fett
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:31:24 AM
That cartoon is going to give GL marketing ideas...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:38:16 AM
if you guys like the sweety fruity drinks, you'd like the Hand Grenade. Talk about super pineapple/melon action right there - just about completely hides the taste of the liquor. Because of that tasty (oh I do believe I made a pun :D ) little fact, you won't know you're sloshed until you're goin' at it with the comode :)

Boba Fett
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:41:09 AM
I like fruity drinks. I usually make my own concoction at home depending on what I have.

One time I used strawberry-banana juice, a shot of vodka, and a shot of Peach Schnapps.

Mmmmm...!

Jason Dreggs
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:41:24 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Rie - Smirnoff Ice and Bicardi O3 are both awesome, but not beer. I <3 O3

Smirnoff ice and Bicardi 03 = Cheerleader Beer.

Lady Vader
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:12:58 PM
Beer or not, if it's sweet, I'll drink it.

But I still wanna try the sweet beers, mostly to freak Joe out, cause I'm not a beer drinker. Anything to keep me interesting and keep him guessing as to what I'm gonna do next is always a good thing. >D

Kathryn
Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:29:33 PM
If you can - drink a Perminator - or the Oktoberfest beer by Spaaten - but only if they're straight from Germany.

Smooth - and guaranteed to knock you off your feet with no hangover. They ain't got the preservatives and additives that the Weak American beers have.

And German bier spoiled me for American beer. Slopa!

(Enschulgen Sie Mir, Freiherren und Damen!)
(Sorry for the language - it was too late at night)

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 2nd, 2005, 10:20:16 PM
Well, the Germans did really invent good beer... Heck, just ask a German and they'll tell you! ;)

But German beer is am besten, ich glaube.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 3rd, 2005, 12:27:56 AM
Kathryn, no swearing. Please read the FAQ and edit your post to remove the offending word. Thank you.

Thread warned.

Y'roth Helghast
Sep 3rd, 2005, 03:03:27 PM
Anyone ever tried Liquid Cocaine?

Sanis Prent
Sep 4th, 2005, 01:57:39 PM
Originally posted by Y'roth Helghast
Anyone ever tried Liquid Cocaine?

Been drinking them for four years. Best mixed shot out there.

Also, this thead makes me sad now :(

Morgan Evanar
Sep 4th, 2005, 02:12:27 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Also, this thead makes me sad now :(