PDA

View Full Version : Whedon-verse discussion

Zasz Grimm
Jul 26th, 2005, 02:03:37 AM
Whedon needs to not make movies and new series, and rethink the disaster he caused with agreeing to stop Angel.

Fix it, punk.

I want Wesley back

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 26th, 2005, 12:37:22 PM
Angel-smangel.

Sanis Prent
Jul 26th, 2005, 12:52:09 PM
Nobody cares about Angel and Buffy.

Shawn
Jul 26th, 2005, 02:03:19 PM
Buffy ran for 7 seasons, Angel for 5. Firefly ran for... 1. I'd say some people care.

Sanis Prent
Jul 26th, 2005, 03:40:47 PM
Those aren't people.

Look how many seasons the Real World has been on while you're at it.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 26th, 2005, 03:44:50 PM
There are Buffy and Angel fans that love the shows just as much as the fans love Firefly :rolleyes And as fans do, they shout yell and get what they want just like when Farscape was cancelled. Because of that, you got a made for tv movie and Serenity the movie because the fans yelled.

As for Angel, as much as I would love to see a movie or somehow another run of it, I don't think that will be as easier considering how the show ended, which was brillant

bah Wesley's death was awesome. He should stay dead

Zasz Grimm
Jul 26th, 2005, 03:59:07 PM
It was a brilliant ending to fantastic series. As far as finale's go, it probably will never be as good as Angel's was. But the last season of Angel was just absolutely fantastic.

I just wished it never ended, was all.

His death was awesome..ly sad. He was probably one of my most favorite characters, aside from how Illyria was developing.

Anyways, sorry to de-rail.

Shawn
Jul 26th, 2005, 03:59:35 PM
Hey, I'm not arguing against Firefly. But saying "No one cares" is pretty darn inaccurate.

And the Firefly movies were something Joss had planned all along. The TV series was supposed to just spark enough interest so that he could get the go-ahead for the movies. At least, that's what I've heard.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 26th, 2005, 04:04:47 PM
I agree. Which is why he should stay dead. It was a meaningful death to a character that was once a silly loser to a self assured man. Plus, Illyria being there as Fred was touching and made you wonder what was happening to the God-King ;)

I just wished it never ended, was all.

:cry I agree!!

Sanis Prent
Jul 26th, 2005, 07:53:55 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
Hey, I'm not arguing against Firefly. But saying "No one cares" is pretty darn inaccurate.

Why are we taking figures of speech literally again?

Shawn
Jul 27th, 2005, 01:48:30 AM
This thread is now for discussion about all things Whedonverse.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope for a spin-off series. Both Marsters and Dushku have expressed interest in reprising their roles for such a venture, and I'm sure most of the cast would love to continue. Boreanaz is the only one who was unethusiastic about coming back.

Speaking of which: I saw him recently in The Crow: Wicked Prayer. To tell the truth, I always thought he was a mediocre actor, but he was the saving grace of the movie.

Akrabbim
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:04:30 AM
There's another Crow movie? Is it any good?

Shawn
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:55:40 AM
Not really. Edward Furlong is terrible, and looks like a girl in the Crow makeup. The script seemed decent, though - there were a few scenes that seemed like they could have been really good, if someone other than Furlong was delivering the lines. With a different director, a couple of different actors, and a decent budget, it might have been noteworthy.

Zasz Grimm
Jul 27th, 2005, 01:46:58 PM
Yes. IMO Wicked Prayer was absolute crap. They should've stopped at the original. But they did good with Salvation. Shawn is right, Boreanaz was awesome in the movie. I basically thought he was playing Angelus to the T, and just rolled with it.

This thread is now for discussion about all things Whedonverse.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope for a spin-off series. Both Marsters and Dushku have expressed interest in reprising their roles for such a venture, and I'm sure most of the cast would love to continue. Boreanaz is the only one who was unethusiastic about coming back.

Speaking of which: I saw him recently in The Crow: Wicked Prayer. To tell the truth, I always thought he was a mediocre actor, but he was the saving grace of the movie.

That's a pity. I hope they do something, I would really like to see Amy Acker expand on Illyria.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2005, 02:25:41 PM
Both Marsters and Dushku have expressed interest in reprising their roles for such a venture, and I'm sure most of the cast would love to continue. Boreanaz is the only one who was unethusiastic about coming back.

I dont blame David at all. He has been on that show for 8 years (buffy and angel combined) dude needs a break :)

Faith :: drools :: Faith show would rock because honestly, we don't know anything about the girl.

Spike eh... well, I wasn't sure how they could do a show about Angel.. so what the heck. :lol

Maybe the can combine the two into one show ^_^

Zasz Grimm
Jul 27th, 2005, 05:56:00 PM
I don't think they could sell a 'Faith' show. She's not too much of a solid character to hold her own, at least not yet. They would require someone like Spike/old cast members to hold it together.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:39:32 PM
:lol

Then you don't know Eliza's or Faith's following as good as you think. Trust me, people were severely disappointment when Eliza turned down the original Faith pitch when Buffy ended because the character is very popular.

She went and did Tru Calling instead :|

I can't blame her tho... she wanted to do something different :)

Shawn
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:09:34 PM
Well, the studio has a thing for Marsters. Heck, he was one of the reasons we even got an Angel Season 5 (it was part of the deal that Spike had to be on the series).

I think Illyria still has a lot of room to explore. We only got to see her in - what? - 10 episodes? And Faith had barely come into her own as one of the "good guys", and there hadn't been much time to explore that yet.

What would be interesting would be to have a Fray-like spinoff, where it's a completely different cast of characters in a completely different setting, but still have the same mechanics.

Also: http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/eliza_dushku.htm - This makes me a sad panda.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:14:14 PM
:cry

why??? She was fine before!!!

Oh yes, I did forget to mention Illyria. That would be an interesting angle to explore but ..

What would be interesting would be to have a Fray-like spinoff, where it's a completely different cast of characters in a completely different setting, but still have the same mechanics.

this would be of the awesome too

Tear
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:17:11 PM
Noes...she was hot. Well she still is but she dropped a few pegs.

people go to plastic surgery to get away from the ugly not to gain it.:(

Zasz Grimm
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:38:11 PM
Faith's character was in Limbo last we saw her, when she was dealing with The Beast, etc. She was just catching the 'good guy' vibe. I've followed Faith. Sure, she has fans..But not the magnitude that say.. Willow has, or Spike.

She would require the others for the show to be a success.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 27th, 2005, 08:31:50 PM
Um, she was in the last seven episodes on Buffy to have fully caught the good guy vibe :p So the character isn't in limbo at all ... and technically, she's still on the run from the law :lol

Shawn
Jul 27th, 2005, 08:49:17 PM
Yeah, but she screwed up kinda bad in those episodes. ;) I think that, after the stuff that went on there, she was finally ready to accept a more responsible role.

Hera
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:13:41 PM
The demise of Wesley, though so sad, was too good to change.

I think the crew they had at the season finale of Angel, the addition of Illyria and the introduction of some new characters would have seen another few years worth of Angel. Or even a spin off with out him.

I was very sad when it all came to an end :(

Lance Casey
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:35:13 PM
Ah, s discussion I can get into.

David does want to come back to the character, he just wants it to be in a film. If Bones fails though, I think we could see him in a TV movie series.

Angel, being the better of the two shows, had the better finale. I loved how it ended because it summed up the theme of Angel, that we never stop fighting. Buffy's finale was just confusing.

Shawn
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:38:33 PM
Seriously. Buffy had this whole "grrl power" theme throughout the show, yet Spike saves the day at the end? w-hat.

Lance Casey
Jul 27th, 2005, 09:42:03 PM
it wasn't just that. I really didn't get the whole thing about how the First was defeated (not the Spike part) but how Buffy knew they were going to win. For such a powerful enemy, the first went down like a little bitch.

Angels finale just had so many great moments and speeches (especially the episode before it) and just seemed like a more adult, well written show.

Sudoku
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:24:34 PM
The Buffy finale was annoying, IMO. After being into the show for the first few seasons, after seeing two new slayers come into play (First Khendra (I think that was her name), then Faith - sorry, Daley et al, I couldn't stand her :|) and the addition of Dawn, the show had lost a lot of what I first enjoyed about it. Some of the earlier episodes were great, and I was always a fan of Spike and Dru. And Willow and Oz :cry There wasn't a BIG bad guy after awhile, and then they seemed to just pile on the characters.

I didn't really watch much of "Angel", since the first episode didn't really impress me. I did get into it in the last few seasons, so I was sad to see it go. But as much as I liked the show, I don't want to see a bunch of corny made-for-tv movies. A spin-off, maybe, but it seems a little late for something like that.

Hera
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:24:56 PM
The Buffy finale was very disappointing.

Some of it seemed rushed and tossed together - like when Anya died no one seemed too dismayed about it.

Sudoku
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:27:28 PM
Originally posted by DarthHERA
The Buffy finale was very disappointing.

Some of it seemed rushed and tossed together - like when Anya died no one seemed too dismayed about it.

Exactly. And Faith being all Ghetto gangsta with the slang.:rolleyes

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2005, 03:19:51 PM
My and Drin's theory is that Joss was too busy running around like a crazy man with all his projects, tv shows and comics, a lot of stuff slipped through the cracks.

I mean, as great as it was for me seeing Faith again I was like o_O this isn't the same Faith that was on Angel!!! The episodes were forced, there was no direction and thanks for mentioning Anya. I completely agree because what happened to her was by far the most anti-climatic thing done ... well that and the weapon of power that the slayer could use :rolleyes that was beyond lame

Shawn
Jul 28th, 2005, 03:42:25 PM
Her death was handled so non-chalantly that it didn't hit me at first. The way they were just ignoring her getting stabbed made me think "Oh, she's ok... she's a demon again. She just got stabbed like that not that long ago."

Then I went "Oh wai-"

What a crappy death for a character that's been around since Season 3. And as if he was trying to rub salt into the wound, Andrew lived. :mad

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:26:32 PM
the only thing good coming out of him living is that he evolved on Angel, but yeah... Anya got the shaft and was a beloved character who's bluntness made for some wonderful beats

Lance Casey
Jul 28th, 2005, 07:37:35 PM
Yeah, all Faiths character development seemed to disappear when she went back on Buffy.

Also, why are you guys blocking stuff out? The buffy finalle was two years ago and Angel ended 15 months ago.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2005, 08:04:39 PM
because if some interest is sparked by our discussion and people want to see it, be kinda rude if we gave away the endings eh? :)

Lance Casey
Jul 28th, 2005, 08:52:27 PM
I understand that, its just been a awhile since they aired.

Buffy seemed like a real b**ch the last three seasons of the show two and her decision making just seemed so freakin dumb. Anya accidently kills a group of guys and immediately she has to die, yet Spike gets to live because Buffy knows its not him? Andrew kills his friend but gets to be one of the gang and not go to jail.

Hera
Jul 28th, 2005, 09:31:05 PM
Perhaps the fact that the finale was crammed into a one-hour episode, there was no way to do the characters justice like they deserved. But I had much the same reaction as Shawn did over Anya. Seemed like barely a hiccup in the action so that it nearly went unnoticed.

I have to say, though, I always enjoyed Andrew's character and especially his appearance on Angel. The Spike worship was fun.

Sudoku
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:11:22 PM
^well, they did add the fifty million other slayers too. :rolleyes That didn't help, imo.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2005, 03:51:08 PM
yeah that was rather dumb too :|

yay girl power but to the nth degree kinda misses the message >_<

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 29th, 2005, 03:56:30 PM
i forgot to say.. I watched the last two episodes of Angel season five last night

It made me so sad again to know there was nothing else to play in my DVD player, but also again the 'wow' factor to how beautiful and intense those last episodes were

Hera
Jul 29th, 2005, 05:48:09 PM
Yeah, they are still having the re-runs on space channel. Somehow, I dont get tired of them.

(Making a gazillion slayers was not a great idea imo)

Mandy with an I
Jul 29th, 2005, 08:17:36 PM
I think they just ran out of ideas for Buffy, and tried to bring in more and more characters like all tv shows eventually do. *ahem*Dawn*ahem* Why they feel the need to bring in children is beyond me. :|

Lance Casey
Jul 29th, 2005, 08:57:18 PM
Buffy peaked in season three. From there it just went down hill slowly.

I don't know how many times I have watched all the seasons of Angel on DVD. I just finished season 5 today again. For a show that the WB wante dto do stand alone episodes for season 5, whedon spread the clues to the black thorn from episode one of season 5.

Hera
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:13:31 PM
Originally posted by Lance Casey
David does want to come back to the character, he just wants it to be in a film. If Bones fails though, I think we could see him in a TV movie series.

I just saw the trailer for this late last night.

I cant wait to see Boreanaz in action again.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:51:41 AM
Buffy peaked in season three. From there it just went down hill slowly.

While I agree that the show mostly went down hill, I do have a huge soft-spot for Season 6. There were some really fun episodes in there. "Once More With Feeling" and "Tabula Rasa" always make me laugh. "Seeing Red" etc were quite good.

Season 5, I don't like and Season 4 was hit and miss - there were quite a few awful episodes, like "Beer Bad" and the whole 'Initiative' plot was boring, but I did like some - "Hush" and "Who Are You?", in particular.

Shawn
Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:53:10 AM
Jenny pretty much nailed it for me. Season 6 had some brilliant moments. It could have been the best season, if they didn't mess it up with stupid stuff like Magic = Drugs mmmkay?

Lance Casey
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:33:39 AM
Season six to me really started to have be buffy as more of a bitch. Plus, it also shows Buffy's crappy judgement. Spike tries to rape her, yet he get's to live. Andrew kills his friend, gets to live. Anya accidentlly casues the death of a few guys, she's got to die.

Hera
Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:04:40 PM
I liked the Initiative storyline. There was one excellent scene when Spike had first got the chip in his head and tried to bite Willow, which developed into a fight scene in the dormhall with the initiate guys showing up and spike not able to hurt anyone...ah, I like that episode.

Shawn
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:47:28 PM
To continue on the train of thought from my previous post: Dark Willow was really awesome, and made for a nice change of pace from always fighting demons and such. However - why did she have to try and destroy the world? :mad: Is it not enough that's murdering innocent people? Why'd they try and up the ante?

I actually liked the "human" aspect of Season 6. After years of fighting ancient vampires, demons, and whatever else, some nerdy boy from high school did more damage to them than anyone else ever had. You spend the entire season rolling your eyes at the Trio, and then Warren kills Tara. :(

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:21:09 AM
and then Warren kills Tara. :(

by accident.

still... :cry

Originally posted by DarthHERA
I liked the Initiative storyline. There was one excellent scene when Spike had first got the chip in his head and tried to bite Willow, which developed into a fight scene in the dormhall with the initiate guys showing up and spike not able to hurt anyone...ah, I like that episode.

I had forgotten about that. It was quite amusing when he and Willow were talking about how he wanted to bite her, etc.

I think mostly I found Riley boring.

Shawn
Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:13:39 PM
And I found it difficult to swallow that a bunch of college frat boys were part of a secret government organization to track and control supernatural creatures. I guess it's not more implausible than anything else on the show, but it bugged me.
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
still... :cryJoss sure knows how to kill off the characters that'll hurt the most. I mean, if Xander had bit it...

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2005, 10:25:31 AM
Personally I love how there is an underground base in sunnydale. I refuse to believe that was constructed practically overnight or at the very least, over the summer. And how the hell did the Mayor NOT know that was going on in HIS city.

I hated season four except for a few high points and I really hated Riley :| It was fun watching Angel beating him up tho when he came to visit :D

Lance Casey
Aug 4th, 2005, 09:10:44 PM
Angel and Buffy's relationship was really the driving force of the show.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:12:32 AM
Angel and Buffy's relationship was really the driving force of the show.

Meh... I don't know. I mean I like it and all, but after a while I kind of got bored of it, and was glad that Angel only popped in now and then when the world was in peril. There's only so much that they could do with Buffy/Angel.

Shawn
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:27:54 AM
I agree. There's only so much angst one can take. I think Wesley and Cordelia summed it up pretty well in that one Angel episode at the start of Season 3.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 5th, 2005, 07:12:18 PM
Ah yes ... when they were explaining Buffy and Angel's relationship to Fred :lol Classic goodness...

Hera
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:13:08 PM
I liked Riley. I liked that he was just...normal and that sometimes that made him feel so at a loss.

Lance Casey
Aug 9th, 2005, 10:48:26 AM
He whined alot. But I found him a more interesting character than Spike, just not as funny.

Phantom
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:24:41 PM
But I found him a more interesting character than Spike, just not as funny.

*Gasps*

Thats blasphemy.

Are you kidding? Spike was the best character on the show, and my personal favorite. He was better then Angel in every aspect hands down.

I agree with Hera, Riley was pretty cool. He was only human and because of that people could identify with him more then any other character on the show.

Lance Casey
Aug 9th, 2005, 09:37:15 PM
No, Wesley was the best character on any show. Spike was good for comic relief, Angel was the more interesting character. There is now way Spike is better than Angel.

Shawn
Aug 9th, 2005, 09:54:37 PM
Spike was a more interesting character on the surface: He cracked jokes, mocked the good guys, etc.

Angel was more interesting in the sense that he had a better developed history, with genuine character motivations. But brooding was pretty much all he did.

I have to agree that Wesley was simply the best character on the show. He goes from bumbling bookworm to "I'll shoot you in the kneecap if you even think about questioning me." (Which, by the way, is probably my #1 moment of the entire series)

We see him mature, make mistakes, grow, fall in love, be overwhelmed by grief, and die.

And while I'm on the subject: Nothing is sadder than Fred's death. Nothing. When Wesley died, my first thought was "Well, at least he'll be with Fred in the afterlife. Oh wait, her soul was destroyed." :cry

Lance Casey
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:37:14 PM
That was sad, but the saddest moment for me is at the end of Hero, angel and Cordy watching the video of Doyle, then he asks "Is that It? Am I done?"

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:00:58 PM
I'm with Shawn... all the way :cry

Phantom
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:06:31 PM
Wesley was very cool, easily my second favorite character on either show. I love his transformation.

I don't think they really gave Spike justice, I mean he killed two slayers, a feat which had never been done before by any one vampire. Not to mention he fought to become a Vampire with a soul, unlike Angel who was cursed. Also Spike beat down Angel when it really counted, I forget what the episode was called. Also unlike Angel the show never really got into his hostory all that much, perhaps it was becuase Spike was only supposed to be on the show for a short amount of time, but his popularity caused them to keep him.

True, Angels history was much better developed then Spikes, but I found Angel rather boring, granted he did help save the wolrd a million times. The only time I really found him that interesting was when he turned evil those few times. Other then that he just moped around all the time, wanting people to feel sorry for him.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:54:23 PM
Not to mention he fought to become a Vampire with a soul, unlike Angel who was cursed.

I have so many problems with statement that I can't even begin to start. I hate that they said this in the commentary because I'm sorry... Spike was EVIL... he wasn't looking for a soul >_< He got one because evil people screw over evil people! So yes... Buffy got what she deserved ... just not what Spike wanted.

I know people argue that isn't the case but above is just my opinion :)

Lance Casey
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:12:10 PM
Originally posted by Phantom
Also Spike beat down Angel when it really counted, I forget what the episode was called.

Yeah, ya see, the thing is, it didn't really count, the cup they were chasing was a false prophecy planted by Eve And Linsay with the help of Sirk, filled with Mountain Dew. The prophecy was about Angel, that was pretty much confirmed in Your Welcome. Also, the prophecy states that the vampire with a soul will play a pivatol role in the Apocalypse, but it is known which side he would be on. Spike told Angel that he had already chosen evil, but Spike had already decided to be good, so the prophecy could not be about him. Angel on the other hand, at that point, it was not definate what side he would be on.

Shawn
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:16:30 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
I have so many problems with statement that I can't even begin to start. I hate that they said this in the commentary because I'm sorry... Spike was EVIL... he wasn't looking for a soul >_< He got one because evil people screw over evil people! So yes... Buffy got what she deserved ... just not what Spike wanted. Yeah, I got that impression, too. I'm pretty sure that Spike later makes a comment about how he had to fight for his soul, but it definitely didn't seem like that's what he went in there for.

Tear
Aug 11th, 2005, 01:29:01 PM
I thought the prophecy was about a Vampire with a soul but it didn't specify who was the vampire with a soul as both Angel and Spike have one.

So they fought for it and spike won. because "he wanted it more" said angel. I also dont believe the good or evil side of the prophecy. I think even if the vampire is "good" he could very well be tricked into the bad side of things by just trying to do good. Which is why i think Angel was struggling so much with the firm. He kept trying to do good with it but it was a business built on bad deeds.

Shawn
Aug 11th, 2005, 03:12:22 PM
At that point in time, Angel was rather discenchanted with "the good fight", and that's what the episode was trying to drive home. He was still fighting, he just forgot why he was fighting.

Lance Casey
Aug 11th, 2005, 09:26:44 PM
That was part of the prophecy though, so you cant just forget it. As viewers of the show, ofcourse we know that that Angel is good, but in context of the show, at this point, both sides were still trying to determine where he would fall, while Spike had already chosen. It also wasn't about being tricked to be bad, but would be one or the other. Plus as Shawn said, Angel was at his lowest point in a long time, Cordy in a coma, giving up his son, that he didn't believe in the prophecy anymore. If the fight had taken place after Your Welcome, Angel's heart would have been in the fight. Since the cup and that part of the prophecy were fakes, there is really nothing to that fight except for Angel to doubt himself so Lindsay can break and then kill him.

Hera
Aug 14th, 2005, 07:07:17 PM

I have to agree that Wesley was simply the best character on the show. He goes from bumbling bookworm to "I'll shoot you in the kneecap if you even think about questioning me."

I agree completely. Wesleys transformation (remember that bizarelly horrible first kiss with Cordelia :lol) to what he ultimately became was a pleasure to watch unfold.

so Lindsay can break and then kill him.

Glad you mentioned him - I really liked this character too.

As for Spike being greater than Angel, personally, there is no comparison for me. Spike, while he has some great lines and is arguably one of the most popular characters, he will always be the "secondary" vampire in the whole story. He (Spike) doesn't really have any surprises to him. Whereas Angel when he locked in all the lawyers with Druscilla and Darla, for example always managed to turn the tables on you when you least expected it.

Lance Casey
Aug 14th, 2005, 08:43:06 PM
What happened to Lindsay in the last episode was so fitting for the character who tried to be a big bad, but could never take it to the next level.

Hera
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:01:41 PM
Yeah, I didn't see that coming.

Lance Casey
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:45:09 PM
Didn't see Lilah going when she did though.

Shawn
Aug 16th, 2005, 09:06:28 PM
Lilah was one of the best characters on the show. She had so much depth to her. The end of "Billy" sticks out in my mind, in particular.

Lance Casey
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:36:30 AM
The episode were she dresses like Fred sticks out in my mind.

Ofcourse, i have a one tracked mind.

Hera
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:55:37 PM
She had some of the best one-liners too.

Sudoku
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:47:23 PM
I read in the paper today that James Marsters (Spike) is going to join the cast of Smallsville :| As Brainiac or something.

Hera
Aug 25th, 2005, 09:51:32 PM
ooh, they film that in my town, me thinks.

Might have some spike-sightings.

Sudoku
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:00:12 PM
He was here at the CNE. along with an actor or two from the Firefly movie. (I think - was at work when I read the article.)

Lance Casey
Aug 25th, 2005, 10:31:18 PM
Uh-oh, Marsters on a WB show in its fifth season. Looks like Smallville is getting canceled this season.

Tear
Aug 29th, 2005, 02:28:31 PM
I dont know who might actually have use of this but the space channel is having a Joss Whedon marathon of sorts coming up.

Marathon Specifics (http://www.spacecast.com/events/joss_a_thon/index.asp)

For those to lazy to click..

6am EST Buffy the Vampire Slayer (7/07) “Conversations With Dead People”
7am EST Buffy the Vampire Slayer (7/21) “End of Days”
8am EST Buffy the Vampire Slayer (7/22) “Chosen” * Series Finale*
9am EST Firefly (1/79A) “Serenity – Part 1” * Series Premiere *
10am EST Firefly (1/79B) “Serenity – Part 2”
11am EST Firefly (1/01) “The Train Job”
12pm EST Firefly (1/02) “Bushwhacked”
1pm EST Firefly (1/03) “Shindig”
2pm EST Firefly (1/04) “Safe”
3pm EST Firefly (1/05) “Our Mrs. Reynolds”
4pm EST Firefly (1/06) “Jaynestown”
5pm EST Firefly (1/07) “Out Of Gas”
6pm EST Firefly (1/08) “Ariel”
7pm EST Firefly (1/09) “War Stories”
8pm EST Firefly (1/12) “Trash”
9pm EST Firefly (1/13) “The Message”
10pm EST Firefly (1/10) “Heart of Gold”
11pm EST Firefly (1/11) “Objects in Space” * Series Finale *
12am EST Angel (3/13) “Waiting in the Wings”
1am EST Angel (5/12) “You’re Welcome”
2am EST Angel (5/14) “Smile Time”
3am EST Angel (5/21) “Power Play”
4am EST Angel (5/22) “Not Fade Away” * Series Finale *

Thats right..the puppet episode! yay.

Basically its going to be Buffy episodes voted by us, I think, then Alll the firefly episodes and the angel episodes, again voted by us...I think. This all happens Monday Sept 5th. Which I think is a long weekend. I dont know if you yanks get this channel or not...

Shawn
Nov 15th, 2005, 04:24:43 AM
I just ordered the Buffy 'Chosen Collection' (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD031290). All 7 seasons, 40 DVDs. $111 after discount, free shipping. :cool