PDA

View Full Version : New and Old Internet Fads...Revived

Matthaeus Xulian
Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:14:19 AM
Check this out!

For the full effect click the img

http://geeknet.myserver.org/gallery/ellenroll.jpg (http://unitedstatesofbarrelroll.ytmnd.com/)
What is this ??? (http://spherule.com/media/video/switch/ellen_feiss.mov)

Marceloi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:46:17 AM
....? It's supposed to be funny?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:50:37 AM
Er... :huh

Shawn
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:12:20 AM
Hey, cool. I lost that Ellen Feiss ad a while ago and I think Apple took it off their site.

Darth Viscera
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:07:43 AM
hahahah i love that ellen feiss ad. oh, apple computer and your ongoing attempt to pick up the baked adolescent demographic.

Darth McBain
Jul 22nd, 2005, 09:42:25 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Er... :huh

My feelings exactly... :huh

Kraehe Branwen
Jul 22nd, 2005, 10:17:10 AM
.... Huh? *doesn't get it* Everything always goes over my head.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:08:48 AM
The eyes - they always hypnotize me...

Matthaeus Xulian
Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:52:46 PM
It's an internet Fad....it's not supposed to be funny...

ANYWAY...

Click the Pick for United States of Barrel Roll

Click the Link for the Ellen Feiss video

Marceloi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:06:13 PM
No.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:09:37 PM
Originally posted by Marceloi
No.

Can't you just resort to panning or something? It's been a long while since I've seen a creative panning.

Marceloi
Jul 22nd, 2005, 04:47:34 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
Can't you just resort to panning or something? It's been a long while since I've seen a creative panning.

Or the ol stick a lit piece fo dynamite down their pants and run away trick? The only issue with that is the cleanign bill afterwards is expensive. Have seen the rates they charge to remove gore from carpet? I tell you it's criminal.

And speaking of criminal, its also been a long time since I did anything creative apart from the creative destruction of cars. Now that's fun tho, rearranging perfectly good shapes of metal into somethign new and facinating is art.... OI! Come back here Xulian, I'm talkign about art here.

WHACK!

:: Background sound inserted here is much like a CLANG. Just think of something from Looney Tunes, I'm sure you have a good enough imagination to obtain the right sound effect ::

Now take this frying pan here. Normally a nice smooth surface, teflon coated and iron alloyed with chromium to make it stainless. Quite heavy too to withstand heat and normally boring as dog poo. However, now notice the exqusite shape it now has that closely resembes Xulian's face. So close you can count the pores he had on his nose and the...

:: He looks at the pan closely,t hen looks disgusted ::

.... acne problem. How gross, pimples popped and the pan is got pus all over it. And to think I was going to use this for cooking lunch. - damn it, I'm not hungry anymore.

:: Get evil idea ::

Anyone want to lick the pan? Look, I made yellow icing before.

Liam Jinn
Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:17:45 PM
You actually made me lose my appetite..

Morgan Evanar
Jul 23rd, 2005, 12:22:12 AM
Ellen Feiss I forgot how inane and baked she was. Thanks! (serious)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:25:40 AM
As for new fads, I'm buying a Naked King of Shoreditch tee, mug, and hoodie. Because they're awesome.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 23rd, 2005, 11:15:08 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
As for new fads, I'm buying a Naked King of Shoreditch tee, mug, and hoodie. Because they're awesome.

I have to admit, that was some quality reading. I only wish that his reign had lasted longer.

Matthaeus Xulian
Jul 23rd, 2005, 03:24:16 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I have to admit, that was some quality reading. I only wish that his reign had lasted longer.

As do I

Shawn
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:54:05 PM
Just found this again going through my documents.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=729886

Yog
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:18:57 AM
Moving threads, I saw this post

I call the Ellen Feiss Internet Fad, and up the ante with a <a href=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3000282100255582958&q=macintosh>frustrated macintosh user</a> :lol

(Warning: 2 moments of NWS language in the video)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:38:40 AM
oh man, I completely forgot about that mac ad. I love that thing with such a passion. Everything he mentions I've experienced. I've had Macs eat up art projects hours before they were due; stupid Mac labs at AIS :x

Trilby Benedetta
Jan 13th, 2006, 09:18:19 AM
Originally posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy
oh man, I completely forgot about that mac ad. I love that thing with such a passion. Everything he mentions I've experienced. I've had Macs eat up art projects hours before they were due; stupid Mac labs at AIS :x

But Macs are the "industry standard" :rolleyes At least that's what I was told when I was in college.

JMK
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:00:38 AM
As was I. For graphics they really are, but they're still to expensive and impractical for the rest of computer users. If you're just going to do art and not deal with PC-type files then you're ok.

Darth McBain
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:10:01 AM
Heh, I had never seen that Mac Ad - priceless... :lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:10:17 AM
I still remember in some of my mac classes, about every half hour to an hour apart, I'd hear a gasp of shock and some poor student groaning. I laughed, and then my mac locked up too :( This happened way too often for my sanity to cope with, and I eventually ended up doing all my work at home on my own PC.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2006, 10:35:03 AM
OS 9 was a nightmare and a horrible monster that routinely made working on things impossible. OS 10.0-10.2 weren't great, but at least they were vaugely stable.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jan 14th, 2006, 03:26:26 AM
Originally posted by JMK
As was I. For graphics they really are, but they're still to expensive and impractical for the rest of computer users. If you're just going to do art and not deal with PC-type files then you're ok.

Codswallop. It takes about all of 3 minutes to work out how to use OSX, the hardware is actually resonable value these days and the software blows the living hell out of Windows.

Khendon Sevon
Jan 14th, 2006, 11:25:59 AM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
Codswallop. It takes about all of 3 minutes to work out how to use OSX, the hardware is actually resonable value these days and the software blows the living hell out of Windows.

In physics class my professor had one of those new mac laptops. It would freeze up all the time and, when he ran physics simulations and applications, run really, really slow.

I think I'll stick to an OS with training wheels taken off ;) Even for Maya, my CS professor is using a PC. The music studios I've done websites for and that I've been to have all used PC's (save for one, and that guy had no clue what he was doing, anyway).