PDA

View Full Version : Why God??? WHY??????

JMK
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:08:36 AM
http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/celebs/articles/1249360.armx

Hopefully Spielberg will keep his wits and realize that this is a terrible idea.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:35:01 AM
O_o is she hard up for roles?

Morgan Evanar
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:52:59 AM
ET went home and should stay there.

JMK
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:19:28 AM
Drew Barrymore is becoming more of an executive than actress, or so it seems. She seems to be more and more involved in the behind closed doors meetings of movie making rather than in front of the camera, and I think that's the part of her brain that presented the idea to Spielberg. She's part business woman now and she sees the potential dollar signs that could be involved with a movie like E.T.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:02:08 AM
Of course this could be more Barrymore's idea. I know technically there was a sequel a book that came out that told what happened afterwards and that was tossed around for a few years for a movie but that never got off the ground, I bet the same thing will happen here.

JMK
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:54:28 AM
It is Barrymore's idea, and I hope it finds a home on a backburner somewhere far away and never sees the light of day.

Dutchy
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:44:50 PM
Drew is cute. :)

Darth McBain
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:50:39 PM
I can't see this being any good. The first was special - leave it at that, having Elliot help E.T. save his species just reeks of bad hollywood...

JMK
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:03:57 PM
Reeks is not the word for it.

Jedieb
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:08:07 PM
Wait a minute, this is brilliant. People will go especially nuts when they find out Elliot will be played by Adam Sandler. The role of the FBI agent hellbent on catching ET will be played by of course, Rob Schneider.
"Stop making fun of me E.T. ......"
"E.T., you can do it!!!"

Doc Milo
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:27:21 PM
Hey, don't you see who can be the big bad threat? Palpatine/Vader! We had ET in the Senate scene in TPM...!!!!

Baralai Lotus
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:47:51 AM
HAHAHA! I love E.T., it's one of my favorite movies,(still cry when I watch it), but I do really enjoy it. I don't know, something in my head wants this movie to happen. . .but then the other part is beating the first part relentlessly with a cement log. I don't know. . .it's hard to explain. Has potential, but I don't like the idea of Elliot saving his race.

P.S. I am terribly reminded of Animaniacs when they did an E.T. spoof and Elliot was making out with some chick on the couch when E.T.'s hand came up the side and Elliot turns and says, "E.T., I'm 17 for goodness sakes! Get away!" Funny to me. . .yes.

Sejah Haversh
Jul 26th, 2005, 05:09:38 PM
E.T. must end where it has. The attempt to extend it in "E.T.: The Ride" at Universal studios is a horror that has scarred me for life. Oh, the sheer terror that was shown me in that wretched cash-in was enough to make a masochist want to kill himself.

Please, let this be something that Spielberg is smart enough not to do.