PDA

View Full Version : Some jobs ain't all that glamorous, but money is still money.

Sanis Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:17:58 PM
Oord Tupa was brown and kind of lumpy, which sort of figured. After all the Hutts had terraformed it from something a little browner and a little lumpier, and without a breathable atmosphere to speak of. Maybe they had aspirations of making it in their own image. After all, there were a few close-cropped patches of green on its mottled surface, where a thousand spacers let their animals out mid-transit to graze, and to crap, adding to the general brown-ness. The planet hosted a reasonable Twi'lek population. After all, where there's crap, there's mushrooms, there's Twi'leks. Or so the saying goes. That's not racist or anything. Those Twi'leks love mushrooms.

There were a few gleaming silver buildings on the planet's half dozen townships, which was indirectly hilarious. Somebody was incredibly hell bent on selling this place, and must have cleaned the premises three times a day. They were hard at work trying to take money off of the crap-shovelers, cattle herders, and Twi'leks, and anybody else with the odd misfortune to find themselves on Oord Tupa.

Add me to that list, except that I didn't have plans on staying a whole cycle. I put Layla down in the morning, finding a spaceport on the far side of the biggest continent. As podunk as Oord Tupa was, it had enough amenities for me and my crew. Hot chow, cold fuel, and plenty of people with credits in their pockets and an undying urge to leave Oord Tupa.

In short, places like this were always good to pick up a few outbound fares. Considering the only work I'd had in the past two weeks was womp rat extermination on Geonosis, I was itching for slightly better pay. You get 50 credits for a gross of dead womp rats, Not exactly breaking the bank there.

I powered down the repulsors on Layla, and rose from my chair to stretch. Climbing down the tube to mid-decks, I engaged the gangplank, and raced out to breathe fresh air...

...and stepped in an eopie pie.

"Damn."

James Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:32:22 PM
Anything would be better than Geonosis. I had gotten rather adept at cooking womp rat, however, so we hadn't starved, although at times I had wished for death. The meat wasn't bad once it was cooked long enough, but Sanis always complained about the lack of pink meat inside his rat steak. I tried explaining to him about bacterial infections, but nothing needed to be explained after he cooked his own meal and ended up spending all night in the refresher.

Cirrsseetto and Daani hadn't liked the cooked meat either, but after Sanis' little demonstration they had quieted their complaints. Everyone was glad to be away from the red planet with a little spending money in our pockets.

Scratch that; read: in my pockets. Daani and I were going to restock the galley while the two males went in search of work. Suited me fine - two weeks cooped up in the Layla while the boys hunted rats was too long. Not that I wanted to hunt rats.

I shuddered at the thought, and smacked into Sanis' back when he abruptly stopped at the foot of the ramp. "Hey! Sorry." I wrinkled my nose. "What is that smell?"

He signaled at his boot, and looked around for somewhere to scrape off the poodoo. "Hurry it up with the shopping, okay? We aren't here to restock your wardrobe."

I folded my arms, and locked eyes with him. Gods he was cute. "I know, I know. Daani and I are gettin' the grub and comin' right back here to find some fares."

Sanis Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:40:16 PM
"Suits me fine."

I was still trying to work the mess off of my bootheel, but only succeeding in adding caked on dry dirt to the bottom. I was just about ready to kick the whole damn boot off, when James caught my eye. Everything stopped, and I just smiled at her.

"Keep your eyes on the shift, okay? Might be a cow town, but it's still Hutt space. Keep your credits in your front pocket."

I glanced over her head to see the small mountain looming beyond.

"Cirr, you got a list of what all we need?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:46:24 PM
Cirr rumbled down the gangplank, furiously key-banging a datapad as he went with his oversized thumbs.

"jI trrjied to keep jit sjimple. The porrt stabjiljizerr set needs a synchrronjizerr, and we djinged ourr secondarry flaps harrd jin that shorrtcut thrrough the meteorr showerr.

The rrepulsorrdrrjive flujid jis so thjick jI could chew jit. We should've rreplaced jit half a cycle ago. And no, we arren't toppjing jit off wjith grrajin alcohol agajin thjis tjime. We almost had a flameout!"

He passed the list off to the skipper, and tucked his thumbs into his front coverall pockets.

"Therres anotherr dozen odds and ends. Those arre just the talkjing pojints."

Daanarri Meorrrei
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:47:59 PM
Daani snatched the list out of her brother's hand, and eyed it with a mournful look. "Wherrre's the food?"

James Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:52:40 PM
I reached over and took the datapad away from the munchkin, and scrolled through the list with a few taps on the pad. "There's no way we can afford all this."

I caught Sanis' exasperated look, and added, "But of course, if I haggle..." We'd had haggling lessons on the trip over from Geonosis, may-I-never-see-that-planet-again. He'd finally declared me improved, but only after a makeout session that had scalded the walls of his quarters. "If that's how you're planning on talking down the price, James..." My cheeks got a little hot thinking about it.

Sanis was talking to me, and I jerked out of my momentary daydream. "Sorry, what was that?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:52:45 PM
"Daanji, you ate half the food we had the last tjime! Even the stuff jI hjid."

He looked at James with a weary expression.

"jI don't carre. Barrterr forr jit. Djig jit out of a trrash heap. Steal jit and kjill anybody that gets jin yourr way.

jIf we take off wjithout at the verry least those thrree thjings, then jI'm gojing to steal the shuttle and let you put out a fourr alarrm grrease fjirre wjith Sanjis's lucky coat, because those jinterr-mags arre hot enough to frry fjish on."

His rant was interrupted by a growling stomach.

"Oh, and get me somethjing to eat too."

Sanis Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:05:18 PM
"I said, might wanna keep your credits in the front pockets."

I tossed her a bag of chits that I'd lifted out of her back pocket and slapped her on the behind.

"You two stick close. Take MARCUS with you, so we can all stay in touch."

I tossed James a pink cyllinder, and made a slight gesture to one of my small blaster holsters, as if to ask if she'd need a little protection.

James Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:13:38 PM
I snagged the little droid out of the air, and tucked it into the front pocket of my shirt. Shaking my head a little at his blasters, I reached for Daani's hand, only to spend a few moments trying to grab her as she slapped away my hand.

"We'll be fine. If I run into trouble..." Daani scampered around Sanis as I tried in vain to grab her arm, "I'll just throw Daani at them and run." Success! Daani giggled as I snatched her from Cirr's side and yanked her to mine. At eleven standard years old, she was already almost as tall as I was.

It was sort of depressing. I smiled tightly at Sanis, and pulled my charge away from the Layla and down the dusty brown street. With Sanis still watching, I patted my pockets, making sure the credits were all secure in the front pocket of my pants. They were.

I eyed Daani, who was taking everything in with rapt attention. "You better not mess this up, kid."

Daanarri Meorrrei
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:17:20 PM
She sighed, pulling as far away from James as their joined hands would allow. "Don't worrrrrjy, jI'll be good."

The pair walked in silence down the streets of Oord Tupa, until something caught Daani's eye. "Ooh! Look!" She jerked away from James' grasp, and darted to a booth along the side of the street that sold silver and jade rings. "Jamesss can jI have one, puh-leeeeze?"

She popped one on a finger and held it up high to look at it. It was beautjiful!

Sanis Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:20:33 PM
I stood alongside Cirr as we both watched them leave.

"Alright, I'm gonna go check up on that posting. You keep turning the screws. Keep one ear open on the comm. I might need you in a pinch."

With that, I continued on my way, mindful of where I stepped this time.

It didn't take long for me to make my way toward the Commissary and General Store. On small planets like these, shops were adept at multi tasking. My favorite was the post office and movie theater on Talos Trasi. Whoever thought that one up was some kind of god.

Finding a data kiosk empty, I stepped up to it and jacked in. Five minutes glancing over the local news postings, and I came up on local bounties. Most of these were about as smelly as the bounties themselves, and the pay reflected it. One was a bounty a 10 year old girl had put on a runaway cat. Cute.

I panned down for a few minutes, seeing if there was an easy mark that was worth a decent payoff.

James Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:26:04 PM
"Daani! Put that back right now." I hurried over to where the youngster was admiring a bauble that was ridiculously overpriced.

"Obly twenby crebits, little Miss. A beal!" The man who was tending the stall was overweight and greasy looking. His smile lit up his entire face, nearly splitting his visage in two.

"A what? Oh, a deal." I pulled the ring off of Daani's hand, and to her credit she only muttered under her breath.

"But yes, yes, a beal it is for twenby crebits." His smile faded as I put the ring back with the others and dragged Daani away.

Daanarri Meorrrei
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:31:35 PM
Daani looked mournfully over her shoulder at the stall, and the equally mournful forrda who tended it. His face lit up again as another person stopped to look at the pretty rings and bracelets laid on the table. She lost sight of the stall in the growing crowd of travelers and vendors.

"Jamesss, Cjirrrr would have gotten me jit." Daani raised her eyebrows at the hyuu-man female.

"He would not have, and you know it. Remember the list? And we need food before we need trinkets."

She was right, and Daani knew it, but she couldn't resist pouting anyway. She was still pouting when James pulled her into a small, dark shop, labeled Micah's R pairs nd Par s Best in the Bus ness open u til sev n.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:33:54 PM
Cirr bounded back up the gangplank, and promptly took the tube down to deck three, to the lower engine manifold access. There, under one of the massive driveshafts, a grease-spotted towel and a pillow lay on the deck plating, next to a half-jumbled box of tools. Cirr parked himself on the towel, and wiggled his behind until he slid under the durasteel framework.

"Hmm hmm, worrk worrk."

He fished out a hydrospanner and a half-eaten bag of pork skins from the toolbox, and turned on a tunebox for some music.

Marcus v4
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:37:48 PM
"Cirrsseeto, might I remind you that this drive shaft is out of alignment. Now would be a good time to calibrate it. Shall I take the mains offline?"

A cyllindrical MARCUS unit peered out of Cirr's toolbox, pushing the bag of pork skins aside.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:40:45 PM
"Aije'eidra'frrell!"

Cirr cursed in a mongrel blend of Cizeri and Basic.

"You rreally gotta warrn me beforre sneakjing up on me."

He gave consideration to what the MARCUS unit had to say.

"You'rre rrjight. jI need as much tjime wjith the engjine cold as jI can get. Cut the majins. Powerr the computerr and the ljights wjith the backups."

Sanis Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:47:09 PM
"Well, huh."

I scratched the back of my head, and leaned against the kiosk terminal. What was a 2,000 credit bounty doing on a planet like Oord Tupa?

With a name like Korrgogg the Destroyer, you by definition had to carry a rap sheet of some sort.

The guy looked mean. Really mean. The kind of mean that woke up in the morning in order to kick a crying baby and complicate your hangover. He had tattoos all over his face, and wore some crazy horned helmet. He also had a spear. That was different!

I panned down, and nearly died laughing.

Korrgogg the Destroyer was 6.3 inches tall, and weighed 1.78 pounds.

"Oh man, this is too good to pass up."

James Prent
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:57:21 PM
The likeliest place, and the closest, was Micah's R pairs nd Par s Best in the Bus ness open u til sev n. Micah turned out to be a Toydarian, which wasn't surprising. He wasn't blue, and that was surprising. His skin was a sickly shade of orange, and I didn't feel like prying into why.

Instead I leaned my elbows on the counter top, and coughed. "Excuse me, but do you happen to have a synchronizer for a port stabilizer for a YT-1300 Corellian freighter on hand?"

Micah fluttered over. "Do I? But of course I have one. In fact, I have five! I even have two that are brand new, never been used." His bulbous eyes looked me up and down, and I felt like pulling my shirt together over my tank top.

"How much arrre thejy?" Daani was leaning all over the dirty counter, ears twitching this way and that. Micah hovered backwards a little at her voice, but soon recovered.

"Only seventy-five credits, and if I give one to you for less... why I'd be slitting my own throat!"

Marcus v4
Jul 18th, 2005, 11:09:56 PM
"James, a moment perhaps."

The droid module urged discretion, and when they were out of earshot, continued.

"The particular models were selling for 80 credits retail when they were introduced on the market over a year ago. I believe his asking price is abnormally high."

Daanarri Meorrrei
Jul 18th, 2005, 11:19:12 PM
Daani smiled a gap toothed grin at the toydarian, and her fidgiting hands found a circular bit of metal on the counter. She fiddled with the washer, still thinking about the ring back at the stall in the open air market, and slipped it on her finger.

Micah busied himself with 'tidying' the shelves behind him, but Daani could tell he was straining to hear what James and MARCUS were saying. It was what she did when she was trying to overhear Sanis and Cirr talking about her.

She grinned her sharp teeth at the forrda and proclaimed, "Can jyou help me? Thjiss jiss sstuck on my fjingerrr." Daani held up the hand with the washer 'ring' on it. "jIt kjinda hurrts."

James Prent
Jul 19th, 2005, 12:15:56 AM
I nodded to the little droid, and tucked it back into my pocket. Time to haggle. I cringed inwardly.

Returning to the counter I found Daani energetically tugging at a metal washer that was stuck on her middle finger. I sighed, licking my finger and applying some of the saliva to her finger to help lubricate the washer. "Daani..."

She grinned at the threatening edge to my voice, and the washer popped off as though it had never been stuck. The orange toydarian blinked at us both.

I steeled myself mentally, and addressed Micah. "Seventy-five creds is highway robbery. I could pick up a synchronizer at any other shop for forty-five, easy."

Micah fluttered a little higher, eyes bugging outward. "Forty-five credits? It is an outrage! I could not let one out of my hands for less than... seventy credits. And I am taking a loss!"

I coughed, and countered, "You've got to be kiddin' me. Daani here could make me one for seventy credits." Daanarri nodded enthusiastically. "Fifty, and not a credit more."

Brownish tusks glistening with sweat, the toydarian spluttered, "I could possibly sell a stablizer synchronizer for sixty-five credits, but only because you are a very special customer." His odd fingered hands were wringing themselves as though he was fretting about all the money he was losing on the deal.

I mentally counted the credits in my front pocket, and slowly nodded. Micah brightened visibly, and I added, "Throw in six litres of hyperdrive fliud, and I'll take it."

Victer Dejan
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:42:03 PM
"Nah." The woman nearly jumped out of her boots. Victer had a habit of walking softly. The mercenary looked rugged. He smiled at the shopkeeper

"Micah, what did I tell you about ripping off women?"

"It's bad for business." Micah said, downcast.

“That’s right.” Victer agreed. “You’ll sell the synchronizer and fluid for 50.”

“I’ll sell the fluid and synchronizer for 50.” The shopkeeper intoned.

“Micah can be quite reasonable, he just needs convincing. I’m Victer Dejan. You must be new to Oord Tupa, miss…?”

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:15:34 PM
I left the glow of the kiosk and settled down for a cold one. Once the barkeep poured me a pint, I glanced around for any exceedingly small trouble that might be lurking underfoot, or wherever 6 inch tall war criminals may lurk anyway.

Satisfied, I reached into a jacket pocket and retrieved a MARCUS module.

"MARCUS, access vox-sync to Cirrsseeto."

A few moments, and the signal piped back to Layla.

"Hey Cirr. Might have some of that special kind of employment on the rocks over here. You ain't heard of a fellow by the name of Korrgogg the Destroyer in your travels, have you?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:20:09 PM
"A whjich? OWWW!!"

Feedback reverberated into the vox-sync, and Cirr stuck a tender fingertip into his mouth to suck on it.

"Cirrsseeto, that conduit is still active."

"jI know, you rrust pot!"

The felinoid turned his attention to the incoming vox, and spoke to Sanis.

"Korrtogg the Destrroyerr? Hah, wjith a name ljike that, therre's gotta be good money and a good fjight. What djid thjis fella do?"

Daanarri Meorrrei
Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:37:37 PM
"Daanarrji!" Daani pumped the tall male's hand vigorously. "You'rrre tall!"

James Prent
Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:47:41 PM
I gently grabbed Daani's wrist, and pulled the little Cizerack away from our new friend. I shoved the girl behind her, and offered him a little smile. "The name is James Tau. And, thanks for that, but really, we're doing fine."

Victer Dejan
Jul 23rd, 2005, 05:10:59 PM
“Hello Danarri.” He smiled disarmingly.

“I know.” Victer sighed.

“Actually, I need your help. My ship was impounded. I need to leave Oord Tupa. Eventually. The locals like to take their time with impoundments.”

James Prent
Jul 23rd, 2005, 11:45:08 PM
The orange toydarian harrumphed from behind the counter, and I tore my eyes away from Victer to look over the counter. "I'm not done yet, I need a..." I fumbled with the datapad, bringing up Cirr's list again. "I need a set of secondary flaps, also for a YT-1300 freighter."

Micah was turning dark orange in the face, but the transaction was completed quickly, and with credits to spare. He even offered to deliver the goods to our landing pad, which I accepted. Victer smiled at me again, holding the door open for us. Daani scampered out, and I followed, ducking under his arm.

Out on the dusty brown street, I put my hands on my hips and looked up at our benefactor. I wasn't naive enough to think that he had helped us out of the goodness of his heart. "If you want off planet, we happen to be takin' on passengers here. Dependin' on where you're headed, I'm sure we can negotiate a reasonable fare. Landing pad 872, like I told our friend Micah."

I caught Daani's hand before she could run across the street, and added, "Right now, however, we're going to pick up some groceries."

Daanarri Meorrrei
Jul 23rd, 2005, 11:48:28 PM
Daani swung in a half circle, pulling James' hand from side to side. On the apex of the arc she said, "You should come wjith us, James sucks at barrrgajinjing!"

At James' warning look Daani stuck out her tongue, and pulled her hand free. "What?"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 24th, 2005, 05:10:23 AM
"Frag!"

The words flew out my mouth before I could hold them back with my lips. Womp poo doo lay under my once polished soles. Anger carved my face under the bulky version (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/Shock-Trooper-2.jpg) of Storm Trooper helmet. After an episode of explosion and destruction I had to deal with an insolent Snivvian who didn't understand the Basic words of "Ship Station", but everything else. Instead he took me on a smuggling trip into Hutt space only making the situation worst. If I didn't know better I would've grabbed that piece of crap laser sword and cut him to pieces. It would've been worth it, but I sat next to him during the flight and the piloting of the freight was much different than my old bucket. Instead of heading anywhere I'd just find myself lost in space.

Instead I was on a lumpy, smelly Hutt planet that was worst than the Nar Shaddaa incident a while back. All I could do was curse, at least then my frustration could be vented.

"What in the Galaxy is this?" A grumble rumbled my throat as I whipped off some more dust that had accumulated from my "drop" on the planet with the rest of the Snivvian's goods. I had gotten the alien's ship frequency and as soon as I could get in contact with superiors his activities would be well rewarded. Running my once white, trooper gloves a long my chest I watched as a cloud of dust formed before me. It fogged my vision in a pile of my helm's ventilation.

Letting out a sturdy cough, I stepped back and unlatched the bucket of a helmet off my head. Dropping it into the grasp of my under arm, I began my inspection of my newfound surroundings. The walk through the small town was everything but pretty, with faces that were parallel to the same of the Nar Shaddaa Cantina. It wasn't a new experience, but not something that I would like to deal with without a blaster. Even in my graduation ceremony Shock Trooper Armor (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/Shock-Trooper-2.jpg) there wasn't going to be profound respect in any Hutt space. If I died, no one here would care or report it. I had to make friends fast and the only way someone could do that in any system was credits.

Heading to the nearby data kiosk I began my examination. A flash from the past paraded in the back of my mind as I watched some of the Bounty's faces. Seeing the face of someone that warranted credits on his life never could get old. Mostly they were all the same, dumb, but that didn't mean the mugs couldn't be nostalgic. I chuckled at such a thought, but it was soon interrupted by my "sense". A man had taken a seat and began looking around. From the corner of my eye I saw him, just barley, playing spectator. He was new, and if he was new that meant he had some way of getting of the horrid rock. Just maybe the few credits I had on me could come in handy on this one. Also a bank transfer could do the deal, but first there needed to be "socializing".

Turning about on my heel, I marched over as I had been taught at the Academy. At the thought of the place I flinched, thinking of the explosion that had left me on the ground. The feeling of fear controlling you wasn't something I wanted to experience any longer, so I quickly pushed the words from my gut and began the conversation.

"Hey there...I'm La--Lason. You new around here? If so I got some credits here to buy you another drink." I smiled, giving my innocent smile or that’s how the girls back home called it. The child-like features of mine, mixed with my growing mustache always seemed to fall effective in that department.

In the end though I didn't have time for it. I had to follow in my father's beliefs. Keeping my hair in braids, joining the Academy and . In many ways I was my father...or at least his dream, but I wondered sometimes if he was satisfied. I certainly knew I wasn't, especially with sitting on a lump of crap world called Oord Tupa that I never heard of before. Not exactly what I was dreaming about as a little sub-adult.

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2005, 01:05:40 PM
I muted the vox-link to Cirr, and took a few gulps from the mug in front of me. Glancing over, I noticed the newcomer was wearing a suit of crisp imperial whites. Not exactly the dress code for these parts.

There weren't exactly any garrisons on Oord Tupa, much less the next two star systems. So, he was either really lost, a deserter, or a lone wolf. None would really suprise me.

"Actually, I was just finishing up. Thanks."

I killed the dregs and looked back to him. For whatever reason, it wasn't the answer he was looking for.

"Anything I can do for you?"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 24th, 2005, 03:18:33 PM
Once again I could hear my mind mustering another unpleasant word. This time I got lucky and stopped it, clenching down on my teeth as I took a different action. Waving my hand toward the bartender I beckoned for some Fizzy Pop. Just for such an order on a planet like this I was sure to warrant a few stares, but at least for once I didn't care. My mind took complete focus on the statement. There had to be a clever response, something that wouldn't be too blatant but clearly suggestive. Nothing was coming to mind, so I dropped my helmet onto the counter and took a gander at this man.

A smile came on my face once again, as my mind became a just a tad more optimistic.

"Well yah, you can. But before all that, what is your name?"

I offered my large hands.

"And do you have a ship around here or something? Ya dont strike me as someone that lives on this pile of poo doo."

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2005, 03:41:19 PM
"Name's Sanis Prent. I'm skipper on a Corellian freighter named Layla, two days out of Nar Shadaa. You looking for passage?"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 24th, 2005, 03:48:34 PM
Grins seemed to be pusing out of me. There was no helping it, I smiled again, but all the moving of my lips was starting to hurt my cheeks. I felt like some Mid-Rim politican or something.

"Exactly, and I got the credits. I can transfer to you....oh about 900 credits. Give or take, just matters how you see the deal. So whatcha say?"

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2005, 04:03:09 PM
"Don't mind taking passengers. My boat's docked on pad 872. If you're interested, go and speak to my mechanic and he'll get you situated.

What's your cargo and destination?"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 24th, 2005, 04:55:04 PM
I was already there. My eyes illuminated with glee, but my lips formed a line now. A keen seriousness overwhelmed me, for I was only a few steps from my destination, my father's dream. After all the turmoil that had overwhelemed my last past days, it was finally going to come out worthwhile in a simple conversation. Who would've thought this guy would actually give help. I guess my studies were right, this weird ol' Force thing was working in mysterious ways.

Pointing down at my waist, I showed my belt packed with raton, a pouch that consumed the hilt of that weird laser sword, datachip and a few other random objects that I had managed to steal from the Snivvian that left me on a piece a crap mistaken for a planet. Bringing my hand to the latch, I quickly swung the belt off and onto my shoulder.

"Just this Shock Trooper suiting for cargo. Destination would be at the Imperi--I mean Coruscant Sector Ship Station. From there it shouldn't be out of hand."

I paused there, letting my eyes ease to the side. I had noticed that my body had taken the counter as support, leaving my stature lingering on a state of recline. A certain rebuttal to such an easily preyed stance from my late instructor would certainly muster at such a moment. The thought of it troubled me, so I smoothly adjusted myself and came to a full stand.

"If thats all right with you, I'll be on my head to...the port and check up on the mechanic. Is it a girl or guy?"

My right cheek hurt again. That stupid smirk of mine just couldn't help but toture my face, it just couldn't help itself.

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2005, 06:12:46 PM
"Imperial Center's a bit more than a stone's throw from here. Nine hundred credits might cut it a bit close."

I fiddled with my belt buckle, riding it higher than it was currently sitting.

"As for the mechanic, you can't miss him. Mountain of a guy. Named Cirrsseeto. I'll vox-link and let him know to expect you, if the deal's still solid."

Bambi Maddox
Jul 24th, 2005, 07:26:41 PM
Bambi had been sitting on one of two crates she was the new proprietor of for the better part of the morning. Bumping the heels of her booted feet against the metallic frame was a poor distraction from the mind-bending boredom of watching the comings and goings of the spaceport. Particularly such a slow-traffic port as this mudheap offered.

But as she smoked her umpteenth cigarette of the day, hope rose at the possibility the latest ship to arrive offered.

"Layla"

A woman's name. The owner must be a romantic, Bambi surmised.

As the ship expulsed its crew, Maddox eyed them with increasing interest, chuckling as one of them scrapped poodoo off his boot. They shuffled around for a few moments, and then dispersed each to their designated tasks. To Bambi, they appeared functional enough.

She may just have found her ride off this rock.

Sucking back one last deep drag, Bambi then flicked away the butt and pushed herself off from her perch and landed with a hop to the ground.

Exhaling blue-grey smoke, she strolled over to the Layla's gangplank and knocked loudly on the outside hull.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 24th, 2005, 07:40:14 PM
"Cirrsseeto. We have a visitor."

MARCUS spoke up as Cirr was torquing down a pressure bolt. He sighed, and set the tool aside, crawling out from under the manifold.

"Alrrjigh, hang on."

He shimmied up the ladder to deck two, and stepped out on the gangplank, wiping a smear of grease off of his forehead with a sleeve.

"Yeah?"

Cirr wasn't exactly the public relations guy. His mind was still buried halfway in the freighter's engine, and was a little preoccupied.

Bambi Maddox
Jul 24th, 2005, 07:48:09 PM
"Well, aren't you a big fella" Bambi observed mildly.

The Cizerack was much larger the closer one was in proximity to him.

His be-grimed face distracted Bambi from stating her purpose for approaching him and she instead stated the obvious.

"You having trouble with your ship?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 24th, 2005, 07:55:02 PM
"The best ones always need a ljittle elbow grrease to keep them the best."

Cirr spoke in a prideful voice, patting the outer hull plating like one might do to a beloved beast of burden.

He then snapped into a somewhat more social mode and wiped his hands clean with an old rag in his back pocket. Paws wiped clean, he extended one to Bambi.

"Cjirrrrsseeto Rraurrrrssatta, mechanjic and fjirrst mate."

He jerked a thumb over his shoulder, grinning toothily.

"Thjis jis Layla. Best shjip jin the Hutt Terrrrjitorrjies, and prrobably jin the whole Outerr Rrjim."

His eyes traced down to the cargo palatte adjacent to the ship.

"You lookjing forr passage off thjis rrock?"

Bambi Maddox
Jul 24th, 2005, 08:08:50 PM
Bambi looked suitably impressed, though she was hard-put to hide the grin Cirrseetto's open pride in his ship elicited.

"She looks like a great ship" Maddox agreed, "And looks like she is in very capable hands" she added, tossing in a little flattery for the heck of it.

"You guys are taking fares then, I take it?"

At the mechanic's nod, she continued.

"I got a couple crates with me. That be a problem?"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 24th, 2005, 08:37:07 PM
"...A lil close..."

The comment stuck out in my mind like a thorn on a rose of Naboo. I was ready to snort in protest, but right before my nose could rise in disgrunt I smelt something. The poodoo on my shoe had been swung off but the aroma radiated with pure destruction. There was a slight burn forming in my nostrils, the hairs seemingly turning into ash by the minute. It was a keen reminder that this planet wasn't the best place for staying, and so my genorisity returned.

"Okay, okay. Well I'll transfer, lets say 2,000 credits."

I knew those credits were there. My account hadn't been touched in practically year, and with the prosperity of my Bounty Hunting days there was a certainty that I was good for it. After years of living under my father I knew interrupting anything good would be the downfall of any man. So on Caridia I didn't fiddle with any of the credits, watching as my datapad filled with messages of how it was growing.

Those were the better days of the base, with the rest of the time filled with work. Not exactly a tea party.

"No, lets make it 2,500 credits. I'm good for it. So I'll see ya back at the ship..."

I was soon off, back through the streets. On the way to the kiosk I had noticed a place where they were saling some decent "legal" blasters. Hopefully they were all Imperial Certified or I'd end up in deeper crap than my boots were, especially as a a meaningless Private.

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2005, 09:52:48 PM
"2500 eh?"

Now that was some serious bank for a trip to the core. A man's mind races when somebody puts a unique value on things. Maybe he was in some particular trouble with the law. Maybe the Hutts, even. Sure they were the "law" around here, but that wasn't saying much. The Hutt clans ain't any kind of law.

"You got yourself a ship. Best one you'll find around these parts too. I'll let Cirrsseeto know you're coming, and he'll take care of your accomodations. Right now, I have some business to attend to. See you later."

We parted ways, and I activated the vox-link again.

"Cirr, just picked us up a high roller and he's coming your way. Take him in, but uh, keep him at arm's length okay? I can smell the Empire all over him, so just to be on the safe side, I'd rather keep curiosity to a minimum."

Closing the link, I stepped out into the daylight again. Now, time to pay this Korrgogg the Destroyer a visit.

Lamar Starworth
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:29:06 PM
In and out. Thats how I liked it. After only a bit of conversation I had headed out of the small shop with some decent firearms without much trouble. The power of my suit was finally coming into hand, at least for the moment. Rarely did someone throw up their nose in disgust when a trooper headed in, especially on a horrid world that never saw such people. Only in whisper did they hear the acts of the Empire, and though I didn't truly like it, I was what they feared. That was just the extra bit that came with the employement and with the people I knew back at the Academy I'm certain they wouldn't thrive in such uncontrollable, rooted alarm.

There was also alarm in my weaponary. Instead of the usual trooper arsenal I had a E-33 Blas-Tech Rifle and ever popular DL-44. There wasn't any modifications, so I was certain to be comfortable with them. They were commonly used blasters in field duty and with my improved skills as an ace I felt far more safe roaming the grounds. I could only hope then that the Empire would let me keep the infantry of mine a long with the mandatory weaponary handed out during duties.

Heading to the port, I could hear the thud of my foot hitting the duraplated canvas. The place was well crafted and laid out, perfected to contrast the crap outside. It got worst, however, as I got closer to the landing sight of the flight. The smell that came from my foot multiplied as it coupled with it's parent aroma. A dismay crept into me as I winched coming to the opening into the landing area. Pulling my helmet from under my arm, I quickly latched it on. The ventilation provided a decent rebuttal to the stinch, but it wasn't truly enough to repel all of the painful poo-doo strike. Pushing my cowardice aside I took my first step on the sour soil and kept trotting until I found myself at the door of the ship.

"Hey, La--Lason. Yah, Lason is here! Can I get inside?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:47:50 PM
"We'rre takjing farres. We'rre also takjing money, Mjiss?"

He looked the cargo up and down.

"Crrates won't be a prroblem. We've got an empty hold, wjith plenty of rroom to sparre. Wherre ya headed?"

A white-armored trooper stepped up on the plank, and the Cizerack stiffened a little when he arrived.

"We'rre expectjing you. jIf you've got any carrgo, stow jit jin the majin bay. Also, jI'll have to ask you to unload and stow any shootjing jirrons you mjight have. Skjipperr's poljicy. jI don't much carre forr any holes jin my shjip."

Victer Dejan
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:09:05 PM
"I think James does well enough. Besides, if you two head past the first food shop a block, and right another block, there is a place with fixed, fair pricing. Hirrar Foods. See you two back at the docking bay."

But before that, I needed to settle a few things. Especially that bit with Korrgogg.

Bambi Maddox
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:15:35 PM
"Im headed to Nar Shadda" she said, half-turning to watch the newly arrived Lason as he boarded.

Cirr gave what she assumed was the obligatory instructions and she waited till he was done.

"I got the necessary credits, long as your price is fair." She jerked her thumb toward her cargo. "I'll get my gear loaded"

James Prent
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:18:33 PM
I nodded, "Yeah, we'll see you there. Ship's called the Layla, just in case y' get lost."

I gave up on trying to hold onto Daani, and simply headed down the street. Once we were out of earshot, I looked behind me at Daani, who was walking in the footprints I was leaving in the dust. "Guy sounds like he knows quite a bit about this rock. Wonder why he wants to leave?"

Daanarri Meorrrei
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:21:13 PM
Daani rolled her eyes dramatically. "'e sajid hjis shjip was jimpounded. Can't leave. Who'd want to stay herrre?"

She scuffed her boots in the dust, and rushed to catch up with James as they went about their shopping.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:25:35 PM
"Narr Shadaa's not morre than a stone's thrrow frrom herre. Fjifty forr you and fjifty forr the carrgo, so we can do jit forr 100."

Cirr scratched at the back of his head and bounded down the gangplank.

"Now, just gotta move these crrates."

Bambi Maddox
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:32:38 PM
Bambi looked at Cirr askance. 100 cred for the trip? That was more than fair. A bargain, even. It made her a tad suspicious to not even have an attempt at being ripped off, but then, whose to argue in the face of fortune? Not her.

"You got yourself a deal, big guy"

She quickened her step to keep up with the Ciz as he outstrode her two steps to one.

"Gonna need a hydraulic to move them boxes, though" she rattled out, bobbing beside him.

"Got myself a couple of custom jet-bikes. They aren't exactly light-weight"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 25th, 2005, 12:12:36 AM
"50...50?" I whispered. The words didn't escape the venilation gating of my helmet, but the air from the words might as well blew up the world. There was a certainty that I had been haggled, but it was true that an Outer Rim world to a Core wasn't exactly the easiest trip, yet the context was no different. Only a stone throw away seemed to be the crews best pitch for pulling in buisness. The fact was that I had carved it in stone. On the way to the ship I had already made the transfer, leaving me only to sulk and slug through the ship's main bay where I dropped the little cargo that I had.

Leaving the utility belt and unloading the ammo from my newly acquainted friends (blasters) I was back on my way to introduce myself. My father always said that your a fool if you dont make someone know you. I never understood those words, but I followed the creed like some cult member.

Dropping infront of the large man and beautiful gal I took the chance for my interu--I mean introduction.

"Well my real name is Lamar Winfield, pleased to meet you both. Guess I'll be flyin' witcha, eh?" I examined the two then. The brown of my eyes pulling in their visions, leaving a small reflection to be seen. One had locks of blonde, while the other stood taller than a kaadu. He was a bulky fellow and probably not the pilot by assumptions. The two weren't the likely pair, so it made a clear path for conversation with the girl. Yet I had a feeling that I'd be taking long sleeps during the flight, especially with all the pile of crap I had to literally and figuratively deal with in the previous standard days.

Akrabbim
Jul 25th, 2005, 01:20:28 AM
The dark robe covered the "old man" almost completely. Though he could make a just as good, if not better, disguise using the Force, there was no point in being foolish. Anyway, it was smarter to save his energy for when more complex illusions would be required.

Akrabbim had been working his way from the Outer Rim inward over the last several weeks. After some business on an all-but-forgotten planet, he was ready to begin his work.

He had heard of the Emperor's and Vader's demise at the hands of a young Jedi. In so doing, the Empire was now greatly weakened. Unfortunately, the Rebellion is in no condition to drive the Empire into the ground. At least, not yet. And that is where Akrabbim comes in.

The plan is for him to infiltrate Imperial Center and do what he can to aid the Rebellion. The question now is how to get in.

He overhears the young man procuring his ticket to Imperial Center. Perhaps he can talk his way aboard, as well.

He follows Sanis out the door, hobbling like a man many years his elder. Using the Force, he alters the way Sanis perceives his voice, making it sound much older. He grabs onto Sanis' sleeve as he speaks.

Pardon me, young man. I heard you say that you're heading toward Imperial Center. Now, you and I both know that he payed you far more than it would cost to go there. I am an old man... I don't have much time left. I need to see my daughter one last time before I go... Surely you can give me a lift? I'm going the same place as that young man, and he paid enough to cover us both easily.

Bambi Maddox
Jul 25th, 2005, 09:02:47 PM
"Pleased to meet you, too, Lamar Winfield"

Bambi shook his hand in greeting, and smiled openly as she appraised his helmet and general appearance, "You loose an army or somethin' didya?"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 25th, 2005, 09:47:12 PM
The helmet. I had become so accustom to it being on my head I didn't even realize that it was on at times. Letting a smile poke through the view from the small, slender black ventilation of the helm I quickly unlatched it and let it drop under rest of my arm.

Swinging my head to the side, I let the fresh air fall into my nose. Cardia had sucked all the love for "normality" out of me, but thats the Empire for you. Nothing is really normal about a man in all black and an Emperor in a cloak. Swinging the abnormal thoughts from my mind, I listened as the murmured rattle of my braid's beads banged against my suit's back. The sound was also something I had become accustom to, especially with all the field training I had at the Academy. Before I knew it I was talking over the sound of my rattling, my eyes transfixed on the beauty of the inquie.

"I guess you can say that. Actually I'm on my way to the Imperial Center...Coruscant. Where are you and the rest of the crew headed to?"

Dhak Kilborn
Jul 26th, 2005, 04:15:17 PM
The Barloz-class Frieghter orbiting Oord Tupa began it's approach to refuel. Working as a base of operations for the HLAF 500 fighter it carried, the "Nebula Horizon" never really saw much action planet-side.

"Sir, the "Nebula" is ready for landing. I'm awaiting the landing codes from Oord Tupa control then we shall start the landing approach," the gargled droid voice echoed throughout the ship via the intercom system.

As a rather gruff looking Rodian paced his way into the cockpit the droid turned to the door and began the landing proceedures.

"If that Sullistan was right, my the hit should be around...here," the Rodian said as he selected a group of pads. His target was last seen in the cantina near the pads and all that was left was Oord Tupa control selected a clear pad for his ship, nab the target, and take him back to Nar Shaddaa.

Two more droids passed by the cockpit. Wrench, Bolt, and Torch were the three maintenance droids of the "Nebula", and company to the Rodian.

Sanis Prent
Jul 26th, 2005, 09:40:19 PM
I turned to regard the old man as I headed out. Honestly, I was more than a little jaded when it came to sob stories like that. More often than not, it was some freeloader with a sad face, using it for a career of free booze money.

"I'd love to, old man, but I'm a businessman, and not a charity ride."

I thought about it, and continued.

"Maybe I can book you passage for 900. Call it a senior citizens discount."

Akrabbim
Jul 26th, 2005, 11:14:42 PM
Akrabbim draws himself up a bit. He wants to make sure Sanis sees him as an old man, but perhaps not totally helpless.

I'm afraid I'm low on funds, sonny... but I might be able to help out in other ways. This old codger still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Surely we could barter something?

Bambi Maddox
Jul 27th, 2005, 12:04:50 AM
"Imperial Center huh?" Not much of a surprise there. "Nar Shadda for me. Dont know about anyone else, though" she replied conversationally.

"How many fares you taking on?" This, directed to Cirrsseto who appeared to be ball-parking the weight of the crates in his head.

"The guy inside the hangar said I can use his hydro-trolley for a mud-ale. Dont know what that is exactly, but might not be a bad idea...?"

"Lamar, you ever had a mud-ale?"

Lamar Starworth
Jul 27th, 2005, 03:50:22 AM
[OOC Back to third person limited. Sorry for sudden switch]

"Mud-Ale?" The Force Adept asked, his gloved fingers reaching to the back of his neck. Itching the back of his neck, the chesnutt colored fellow swallowed down the thought. There hadnt' been a single time Lamar found himself in a cantina with aliens that some foolish off-worlder or a pair of bad taste bugs ran in and requested the worst beverage known to him and the rest of his detatchment from the Imperial Cardia Academy.

Pouring his hands into his pockets, his body took to the form of the muddy liquor that was known as mud-ale. To some it was a beverage of devine, while more civilized beings as Lamar saw it despised such dirty drinks. Corresponding with his body was his voice, taking to evasion of the question quickly. There had been a time in his life he had mistaken the mud-ale for fizzy-pop. Was one of the worst days of his life as an elementary school attendant. The toilet was filled with his gewie insides, splashed across the floor.

Puking just wasn't fun after the rudimentery classes.

"Nope. Dont like it. But I didn't see this guy in the hangar..." Lamar murmured, his voice clear, profound, undertoned with a roguish, rough mixture. It was common to many middle classmen of the Imperial Center (Coruscant). Living in the sectors always breached paths into either side, more than likely the undergrounds where the aliens festered and outlaws became lawful advisors and troopers. Coruscant wasn't the only planet like that, but it was of course the most noticeable one with the near quadrillion demographic it held on the worldly metroplis.

Sanis Prent
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:00:29 PM
I stopped walking, with a funny look on my face. Something about this old guy was two feet off of the eccentric diving board. Or he was just full-out crazy.

"Whatcha got? Gotta say, I can't think of many useful kinds of payment beyond the spending kind."

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:08:05 PM
"You and hjim arre jit so farr."

Cirr paced around one of the crates, eventually lowering a shoulder into it. With a grunt, it began to budge, sliding across the ground on it's skid. It wasn't going to be enough to do the trick though.

"Yeah, that's a good jidea. jI'll get jit."

Cirr stepped away from the pallette and hoofed it into the hangar superstructure. A few minutes later, he tugged an antigrav sled alongside the cargo.

"We got a sled, but ourrs has a bad motjivatorr rrjight now. Thjis'll do."

Cirr caught a hand-hold at opposite points on a crate's corner, and with a mighty growl, hefted one crate onto the sled.

"One down."

Smiling, the felinoid pushed the sled up the gangplank and into the hold.

Dhak Kilborn
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:18:49 PM
The beaten looking Rodian strolled past a cloaked man speaking to what seemed to be a captain of a ship. Probably discussing passage or begging for a ride of this rock.

The Rodian began to speak into his comlink, Bolt, where did you say the target was? I've checked both cantina's."

A scratchy voiced came from the receiving end, "Sir, our contact says he left the cantina six minutes ago, not long enough to leave the area though."

"Copy that Bolt, keep me updated on the ship." Shoving the communicater back into his coat pocket the Rodian stopped on the crosswalk and scanned the area. Remembering the cloaked figure, he ran back to the docks.

Making his way through the crowd of people he spotted the hooded man. After sneaking around the mass of scum, poor, and sleezy, the bounty hunter was able to catch a glimps of the figure's face.

** Damn...not him**

After turning around a few times he saw a large Cizerack loading crates into a ship of reasonable size, nothing like his target would have. The information said he didn't have a ship, or any means of transportation.

**Well if he is around here somewhere this big guy might know. **

As the hunter stepped up to the Cizerack he tilted his head. Looking into the ship he spoke loudy, "Hey big guy, can I talk to you for a second?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:35:04 PM
"Don't got much tjime, unless jit's about a farre."

Cirr said, coming back down the ramp with the sled for the next crate.

Dhak Kilborn
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:39:41 PM
**A fare uh? Maybe the target is hitching a ride with the Cizerack.**

"Sure, I was wondering about the ship. It's a fine ship Are you the captain?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:44:28 PM
"Nope."

Cirr grunted, heaving the second crate onto the skid.

"Capn's attendjing to busjiness."

Dhak Kilborn
Jul 27th, 2005, 11:55:52 PM
"Well maybe you could answer my questions. I'm looking for a certain someone who's presence is request by my employer. Could you help me find him?"

The Cizerack responded with haste, "Not rrealy, the capn mjight know," and shoved one last crate into the ship.

Looking up at the Cizerack, who was now wipping his brow, the Rodian queried, "Well I don't have time to chase down your captain, I'm looking for someone who may have requested or given promission to board your ship. He is dressed like a Stormtrooper?"

Akrabbim
Jul 28th, 2005, 03:30:46 PM
Akrabbim shuffles in closer to Sanis, looking as though he is about to reveal some great mystery to him.

You never know, sonny... I just might have information you could find useful. I hear things... I know about most people who come and go in these parts. If you were, say... looking for a bounty... well, I could get you the info you might need.

Let's just say I'm a resourceful old codger... whatdaya say? You just name what you need to know.

Akrabbim had been on the planet for several weeks, and was privy to a good deal of private information. Of course, when he could basically become invisible at will, such information was never hard to find.

Sanis Prent
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:07:02 PM
"Alright, old timer. I'll try you on."

I crossed my arms, switching weight to another foot.

"I'm looking for a guy named Korrgogg. Where he's staying, who he rolls with, and any nasty habits he might have. If you're on the level, I'll book you passage for 100 creds."

Akrabbim
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:50:51 PM
The "old man" appears to ponder for a minute, but he knows a good deal when he sees one. Might as well make it look like this information is hard to come by and not common knowledge. Otherwise, Sanis may rethink his offer.

He holds his hand out to shake.

You got yerself a deal, young'un. Name's Jeffries. Proon Jeffries.

As to your Korgogg character... yeah, I know something that might help ya. He goes to a hole-in-the-wall bar every Friday night. And, seeing as this is a Friday, yer in luck. No one's too terribly sure where he lives. Being as small as he is, you can understand that it wouldn't take a big place to hold him. But, once he's drunk, he starts staggering home. He's got such a bad reputation, nobody's willing to mess with him... normally. But I doubt he'll put up much of a fight once he's that drunk.

Heck... throw in a 25 cred discount on the fare, and I'll even help ya catch the bugger. Durned midget stole my favorite boots a while back. No idea why, though... not like he could wear them...

Akrabbim continues muttering, mainly just to stay in character.

Bambi Maddox
Jul 31st, 2005, 10:39:08 PM
Bambi twisted in place from facing Lamar as they talked, taking in at a glance the nosey rodian who had approached Cirr. Perhaps his line of sight was obscured by her body, or perhaps he didn't see so well out of his bulbous eyes, but whichever it was, if Lamar was who he was looking for, the helmet tucked under the trooper's arm would be the first clue.

She glanced back to Lamar, her body continuing to block him and dropped one hand in front of her to casually rest on the blaster on her hip. She spoke quietly to Lamar with a hint of humor in her voice, "He a friend of yours?"

Lamar Starworth
Aug 1st, 2005, 04:32:12 AM
Lamar's eyes narrowed, gazing over the newly acquainted Bambi's shoulder to find the unique Rodian standing there in conversation. The words were more or less in a muse, at least until the word Stormtrooper enter the idle youth's ears. An uncomfortable sweat began cooling his over-heated body. A frustration and confusion wrote itself on his face. The very absurd act of anyone searching for him had only two possible leaks.

"Bounty Hunters," the young trooper thought. Their was certainly a chance that finally the word nearly three years old in the Coruscant Jrade District between him and his friend finally had sprinkled its way through the Hutt System and beyond.

Dangerous thoughts of fear rolled a long the crevice's of the young man's brain. A snarl accompanied these thoughts as he peered on, wondering, pondering on what was to come next. All the thoughts quickly were shattered at the amused voice of Bambi in question to the whole event.

The snarl faded as soon as she looked upon him. The Trooper training had, more or less, altered his personality for a military view. This event, this situation was near irrational and problematic, but he would enter it with certain pride and dignity not fear. A sigh slipped from his full lips as he leaned casually back on his heels. Switching the side which the Shocktrooper helmet rested under, he placed his arm around Bambi's shoulder.

"Hah. An Imperial with alien friends? Nyaah, lets explore the ship though." Lamar calmly commented, his words carefully hand picked from the numerous Basic language that ran through his brain. Pulling her a long, he headed back into the chambers where he had left the new weapons. Maybe they'd come in handy with this weird Rodian on his tail...

Zabian Bal-Wandler
Aug 1st, 2005, 08:11:52 AM
It was useless. You know that feeling, you tried everything, everything but actually give up, but if you give up you know that it would break you, completely break you, so you carry on, carry on hopelessly.

It had been a full nine days on this rock. Nine days since Zabians last ride had been hit by mechanical problems and had to settle down on this bloody place. Nine days of starvation and concealment. Being who he was, you never let you're gaurd down, never let you're sences drop and never, ever divulege you're true identity.

He had forced himself to stay away from the mass public for the few days the pilot of the 'Gananic' said it would take to repair the faults, but by the time he had returned, the ship had vanished, taken off without him and all the money in the galaxy Zabian had, had gone on paying that pilot to take him as far as the boat was going. The outter rim.

'Look, i have contacts on Tatooine, i can get you the money, old timer, i just need a rid of this damn place. I can't give you any more than i've got can i?' Zabian said, his voice hoarse and dry. His face partly hidden by matted, dirty hair. This had been the third frieghter pilot since he arrived that he had asked for transport and the answer was still the same.

' No, no money, no seat, now bugger orff' '' The captain said swinging his arm dismissively. His face disgusted by the sight of the less than well goomed man before him.

' You know that accent is going to get you killed one of these days, son.' Zabain said, turning his back on the git. If the man had only known, that standing before him was one of the most wanted men in the galaxy, worth a million credits to the Empire alive. If only he knew, the price on Zabians head would let him travel ten times around the galaxy.

If only he knew.

'He's a friend of yous?' Suddenly Zabians' ears perked at the voice. A small number of people had gathered around another freighter a few spaces down from the old mans ship, no doubt passangers for the ride ahead. Not noticing the old man still swearing at him, Zabian quickly crossed the way towards the ship, hope still with him yet.

' Excuse me-' Zabian called, more so towards the woman he heard than the gentlemen. ' Seats left on this beat i hope?'' This was his final chance to get off this rock any time soon and he needed to get on it.

Bambi Maddox
Aug 1st, 2005, 05:31:37 PM
Bambi looked over at the newcomer, surprised, as she followed Lamar up the ramp. She hadn't noticed Zabian approach.

"Better check with Cirr over there. He's the one running the show."

She hung back just shy of the entrance to the ship, watching carefully, without appearing to do so, both the rodian and Zabian. She wouldn't hesitate to put a laser hole through either one of them should the situation call for it. Cirrsseeto was her transport home. She'd have his back if he needed it.

Sanis Prent
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:58:59 PM
"That info isn't helping too much, old timer. I'm here an hour, two tops. I can't afford to wait with fares on the line."

I frowned a little, hoping for a little more.

Akrabbim
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:49:17 PM
Akrabbim hoped it wouldn't come to this. If they'd have been able to track the little bounty at night, he could have hidden his illusion abilities a bit more easily. No matter... a Master Jedi illusionist should be able to pull off a little trickery, now and again.

Ok... well... I was fibbin' a bit earlier. I do know where we can find the little bugger...

Akrabbim knew that he came out to town to drink around this time of day. It'd be a lot harder to catch the little guy when he was sober, but... so be it. He starts hobbling off toward where Korrgogg was likely to enter the town.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 4th, 2005, 02:39:23 AM
"Not comfortable..."

The thought rung out in Lamar's head as he gazed for a moment beside Bambi. He watched carefully as the new company took the landing sight, leaving the youth's face disturbed and contorted. It was well hidden though by his strong, black orbs that pierced like the fangs of a prowling Cathar. Letting out a mild sigh, he swallowed down the bit of steam rolling off him. The ship was certainly available, but with the more people seemingly interested in the flight off the horrid rock it wasn't going to be as secluded as he had inititally hoped.

It was always problematic when your forsight always was shattered by reality. Just very hard to swallow, so once again he gulped down but instead it was the pestimistic nature. Turning quickly about, he headed into the ship, venturing into the deep where he would find his two dropped weapons and ammo. For a moment he sat, restless, looking out of the hold where he'd await any sounds.

Over the past year he had lost a bit of his connection. When he seemed conflicted, his emotions rose and through that the strong connection to the living element all around...the Force was at it's best. Now he had been centered into the physical, thoughts of such thing seemed to be push further into the back of his mind, leaving it almost an impulse to be repulsed by such sensitivity. That was the way of a trooper, but he knew as he stared from the depths that he was more than a simple trooper. He had wiggled his way free of the shackles from the testing and was allowed unknowingly to be a Trooper of the very Galactic Empire that sought to destroy all existence of people such as he.

In silence...he thought of this. They were troubling ponders, and he hated when his mind went so off subject. So he busied himself, kneeling down and grabbing the weapons. Fidgetting around with the merchandise, he inspected the new resiviour of items that came accesorized with the weapons. They were both special, at least for him, because even as a youngling he idiolized blasters. Lamar's father had always told him to stay away from them and it only made the lethal attraction stronger. Now he was a part of the Empire and a blaster was mandatory. Not the stinking Force...just a blaster was all you needed to survive.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:06:16 PM
Originally posted by Dhak Kilborn
"Well maybe you could answer my questions. I'm looking for a certain someone who's presence is request by my employer. Could you help me find him?"

The Cizerack responded with haste, "Not rrealy, the capn mjight know," and shoved one last crate into the ship.

Looking up at the Cizerack, who was now wipping his brow, the Rodian queried, "Well I don't have time to chase down your captain, I'm looking for someone who may have requested or given promission to board your ship. He is dressed like a Stormtrooper?"

Cirr hoofed it back down the gangplank, irritation creeping into his voice.

"Arre you comjing orr gojing? jIf you arren't bookjing passage, get off the pad. jI got betterr thjings to do herre than answerr questjions."

He crossed thick arms over his chest, and his ears flipped back against his mullet.

Victer Dejan
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:19:19 PM
Victer glanced down at his chrono. It was a good, solid timepiece, but nothing attention-gathering.

Korgogg was supposed to show up any minute. If he didn't, things would be more complicated. Victer would miss his boat. If he didn't catch a ride, he couldn't get his companie's ship moved...

He sighed and eased onto a bar stool.

"Black Balmorran." he ordered, and turned to face the door, glass in hand.

Sanis Prent
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:39:31 PM
Originally posted by Akrabbim
Akrabbim hoped it wouldn't come to this. If they'd have been able to track the little bounty at night, he could have hidden his illusion abilities a bit more easily. No matter... a Master Jedi illusionist should be able to pull off a little trickery, now and again.

Ok... well... I was fibbin' a bit earlier. I do know where we can find the little bugger...

Akrabbim knew that he came out to town to drink around this time of day. It'd be a lot harder to catch the little guy when he was sober, but... so be it. He starts hobbling off toward where Korrgogg was likely to enter the town.

"Hey, wait up!"

The old codger was off like a divining rod chasing a spring. Even though he was hobbling, he was deceptively quick. I followed behind, eyes on the swivel.

Akrabbim
Aug 9th, 2005, 04:23:44 PM
After much grumbling and complaining from both parties, the pair arrive at the correct edge of the backwater town. They crouch down behind some local flora. Gesturing with his hand, Akrabbim starts laying out the plan.

Now the lil' cuss will come out somewhere around there. He's pretty loud, so we'll hear him coming. Make sure you jump him QUICK. That sucker is fast, and he doesn't much like people trying to take him in for the bounty money. Last guy to try it... well, let's just say that they don't call him "Nubby" for nothin'...

James Prent
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:02:48 AM
Loaded down with grocery bags, I moved the supplies to the repulsor cart that Daani was impatiently standing next to. The kid hopped from one foot to the next, one hand clamped onto a squeaking box.

I bent over to make sure the boxes, cans and bags weren't going to shift while we walked back to the landing pad, and clicked the comm. "Cirr, we have a fare headin' your way, should be there soon. Name Victer Dejan, didn't specify where he was goin', but I'm sure you can beat that outta him." I grinned to the comm, and turned to face Daani.

I frowned as I was met with a meek grin and sudden stillness. Daanarri's face then contorted as her mouth started wriggling, but she schooled her expression to remain the same. Her eyes started watering as I stared her down.

"Daanarri Tretanee Raurrssaatta!" I snatched the box of sajoi mice out from under her paw and hefted it. "This box is light!"

Daani blinked hard, and then a satisfying crunch came as her jaw worked. I glared at her, tucking the box of live sajoi out of sight, and then looked at the commlink in my other hand. "I'm sorry Cirr, what was that?"

Sanis Prent
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:44:28 PM
After much grumbling and complaining from both parties, the pair arrive at the correct edge of the backwater town. They crouch down behind some local flora. Gesturing with his hand, Akrabbim starts laying out the plan.

Now the lil' cuss will come out somewhere around there. He's pretty loud, so we'll hear him coming. Make sure you jump him QUICK. That sucker is fast, and he doesn't much like people trying to take him in for the bounty money. Last guy to try it... well, let's just say that they don't call him "Nubby" for nothin'...

"Are we talking about the same guy?"

I looked at the old guy incredulously, arching an eyebrow.

"Isn't he six inches tall? The way you're puffing him up, sounds like he's ten feet tall and blaster proof."

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:47:32 PM
Originally posted by James Tau
Loaded down with grocery bags, I moved the supplies to the repulsor cart that Daani was impatiently standing next to. The kid hopped from one foot to the next, one hand clamped onto a squeaking box.

I bent over to make sure the boxes, cans and bags weren't going to shift while we walked back to the landing pad, and clicked the comm. "Cirr, we have a fare headin' your way, should be there soon. Name Victer Dejan, didn't specify where he was goin', but I'm sure you can beat that outta him." I grinned to the comm, and turned to face Daani.

I frowned as I was met with a meek grin and sudden stillness. Daanarri's face then contorted as her mouth started wriggling, but she schooled her expression to remain the same. Her eyes started watering as I stared her down.

"Daanarri Tretanee Raurrssaatta!" I snatched the box of sajoi mice out from under her paw and hefted it. "This box is light!"

Daani blinked hard, and then a satisfying crunch came as her jaw worked. I glared at her, tucking the box of live sajoi out of sight, and then looked at the commlink in my other hand. "I'm sorry Cirr, what was that?"

Cirr distanced himself from the nosy Rodian, and strolled out of earshot as the other fares boarded the ramp.

"Dejan? jI'll keep my eyes peeled. Hope you arren't farr behjind. We'rre gettjing a full boat, and jI stjill need to get belowdecks and fjinjish up some spot rrepajirrs."

The felinoid paced up the gangplank, heading through the cargo bay and on his way belowdecks. He paused, casting an eye in Lamar's direction, wondering just what in three hells the kid was doing rummaging around in his rucksack. He looked a little twitchy, and Cirr didn't like that. Especially since this guy seemed to have a little too much character for a passenger boat that wasn't looking for any.

Dhak Kilborn
Aug 16th, 2005, 10:49:01 PM
Dhak looked around the area. Taking a few steps up the ramp he snuck inside the ship. After spotting on the crates he popped it open, littered the contents around the ship, crawled inside, and closed the crate.

"This is going to be a long ride," he said to himself.

Just as the crate closed the passangers strolled into the main loading area, oblivious to what just happened. Pulling out his datapad, Dhak sent a message to "Torch" to follow Dhak's personal homing beacon. After using a frequency, very close to that of the ship's, maybe someone scanning the ship would think it to be a malfunction.

"But, there's always the risk of the crew stumbling across the frequency..."

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:03:06 AM
ooc: Dhak, I hate to burst your bubble, but with three people standing by the ramp and outside/inside the hold, there's no way you're getting away with that post.

Jack
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:02:36 AM
It was quite a while before he answered the woman to whome he had approached but when he did he had peeled back his hood, revealing a wide brimmed hat and an exrememly odd looking face, it almost looked unnatual to the eye, as if made from China or a Plastic.

It was only on closer inspection that Bambi might recognize it as a mask at all. Because indeed it was. He was just another hidden face behind a cover, like any other trying to hide his apperance, just like any other man trying to get by unnoticed, but thats just exsactly what he was not, like any other man.

How he wished he was.

' Thank you' He told Bambi, before turning away from her, no doubt ignoring her possible looks of confusion. Taking a few steps up the ramp, his cloak billowing behind him. The beast she had directed him to was hardly unmissible and as 'Jack' remianed unmoving, his eyes gazing at the gigantic humanoid first mate of Layla, he spoke richly and in a well defined accent.

' Is there room on this boat?''

Akrabbim
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:35:10 AM
After Sanis' comment, it is Akrabbim's turn to raise a questioning eyebrow at Sanis.

You durned fool... why else do you think there's a huge bounty on a six inch tall outlaw? 'Course, he ain't ten feet tall... but he is near blaster proof. Whatever his hide's made out of, it's near as strong as durasteel, from what I hear. That, and the little buggers stout...

Akrabbim trails off as some rather loud crashing is heard from the forest. He motions for Sanis to get down. He speaks in a whisper.

Here he comes. I hope you've got some kinda firepower on ya. But don't you worry none... you got me watchin' yer back...

Suddenly, the foliage parts, and the diminuitive bounty wanders out of the woods... carrying a large tree that he'd apparently ripped up by the roots. Now, it was up to Sanis to make the first move.

Bambi Maddox
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:34:18 PM
The mask was a surprise, but not a shock. Bambi's partner in crime, literally speaking, was rarely seen without his. He, as most likely with this stranger, had his reasons for such anonymity. The leggy blonde just filed it away in her mind under the section titled "dudes of note" and followed after Cirr into the ship.

For want of any direction by the felinoid mechanic, Maddox occupied herself by checking the metalic crates that were her cargo, ensuring they were satisfactorily secured for the trip. All appeared in order and a half-smile touched her lips in anticipation of getting those bikes assembled. Grym was gonna pop when he sees them. They'll blow his hair back for him. Her smile broadened.

Calling after Cirrseetto, Bambi endeavoured to make herself useful.

"Hey mack - need me to do anything to help ya back there?"

Lamar Starworth
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:48:05 AM
Eyes....training.

The two words broke through the baricades of Lamar's mind as he took to a sudden stop. A feeling chilled the spine of the human's body as he stared carefuly at the newly bought items. The merchadise within his hands were lethal, but what was worst was the stare...inspection. Training had sent his mind to spring outward, capturing the warmth. It was impulsive notion now, and simple things such as a persons eyes on his back or a sight of anger in someone's eyes when they hid it were hard...yet plausible.

Then, in an abrupt change, the beings vision of examination quickly twirled about to another. In those moments...those horrid times of lull there was the Cirrsseeto and Lamar without a word of exchange while the stormtrooper's back was to the alien specimen. Regarding him would've revealed the weaponary, which for certian in his mind could easily spark a conversation. Communication was a definate thing he wanted to avoid, at least in this instance.

Pushing out air with a sigh of relief, he felt as the cold was overwhelmed with warmth. Reaching for his bag, he quickly threw his blasters in. Gazing deeply at the details barley hidden under the shadows of the bag's inside for a silent second, he took to a swift end and zipped closed the luggage. Twirling smoothly about from his kneel to place in the weapons, he headed over to Cirrsseeto...hoping now all was safe.

"Maybe she could help me with this weird disease called "lonliness". It's kinda boring sittin' back here..." He muttered to Cizerak in reference to Bambi's call.

Sanis Prent
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:56:15 PM
"Pssh, I got this."

I rose up from our hiding place, and primed my double barreled Mandalorian Shell gun, held ready at my hip.

"You Korrgogg?"

The diminuitive creature paused, and looked up at me as if to regard a mountain. He nodded.

"Lets make this simple. You're bound by payment of bounty. I'm sure you've got yourself a pig sticker, so why don't you set that aside first."

Akrabbim
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:23:20 PM
Well... the cap'n had stones, you could say that for him at least. And, though Akrabbim hadn't seen a gun like that before, with the way Sanis was brandishing it, it must pack a heck of a whallop.

Korrgogg, on the other hand, had never been the intelligent type. More the ridiculously strong, moronic type. He simply cocks his head sideways, obviously confused. People rarely tried to talk to him. Especially not when he's carrying a tree bigger than just about anyone on this mudball. He grunts something in a language Akrabbim doesn't understand, but he can guess that it did not translate to anything near, "Hi, how can I help you?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 27th, 2005, 10:55:00 PM
Originally posted by Bambi Maddox
Calling after Cirrseetto, Bambi endeavoured to make herself useful.

"Hey mack - need me to do anything to help ya back there?"

Cirr ratcheted a securing strap around the last crate, locking the torque lever down as he stood up.

"No, jI thjink everrythjing's jin orrderr. All we have to do jis wajit forr the captajin and the rrest of the crrew and we'll be rready forr takeoff."

She was a tall drink of water, and Cirr's eyes ran her up and down, before he realized he had some work to do. He pulled a hydrospanner from his belt, and scratched his hair dismissively.

"jI don't have anythjing to eat herre, and jI'm not much forr enterrtajinment. Not rreally surre what to do to pass the tjime."

Bambi Maddox
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:08:47 PM
"I bet you could be really entertaining if you wanted to"

Her eyes held a devilish twinkle to them as she answered and pulled her cigarette packet from the depths of her jacket pocket.

She shook one forward and pulled it the rest of the way out of the pack with her lips, then offered one to both Cirrsseeto and Lamar in turn.

"Dont mind if I smoke do you?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:33:01 PM
Cirr smiled and shrugged.

"jI don't get pajid to mjind. Just don't do jit jin the engjine rroom and jI'm cool."

Cirr shook his head when offered.

"Not my vjice of chojice, thanks."

The felinoid stooped to his haunches, and pulled a section of deck plating up, eyeing a series of wires and couplings with suspicion.

Dhak Kilborn
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:55:20 PM
(ooc:No one was around the gang plank...i thought they were all inside.)

Victer Dejan
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:46:33 PM
He was about eight centimeters shy of two meters and his skin rippled like a flag in a thunderstorm when he moved.

He also owed Victer money, who was calmly reminding him of this fact. Victer needed money for later. He had enough for his own fare, but wanted to be sure.

He tried to be intimidating to Victer. Victer had calmly pointed a blaster at his face and reminded him by singing his hair, and that no amount of muscle was going to save him from a point blank blast to the head. Collecting the bounty on his head was starting to look like a valid option, or so Victer said.

200 credits slid across the table a minute later. Victer frowned as he plamed them. It was only 10%.

Lamar Starworth
Sep 3rd, 2005, 07:32:27 AM
"I'm good."

Lamar casually said, reaching to the back of his neck for a scratch. It had become a habit, a way at which to hold back a nervous smile that always overcame his young face. As soon as his words touched the wind he took of back to the room with his arsenal for further, but more secretive inspection.

Inclusive labour was always something he cherished, especially in the over-crowded Training Facility back on Cardia.

Slumping against a box, he reached into his baggage and went to prying at all the objects and it's details in the awkwardly lit room. It was quite hard for any normal being to see, but enhancement had become a speciality of his. The intertwine between rudiemntary Jedi and Trooper training were a mix of which was unique, while evidently effective. Any man that dare threaten him with a decent blaster with his side wouldn't leave the fields without a blaster burn the size of a krayt's pearl on his forehead.

"When in the frell are we going to take that First Kiss on Coruscant? Frag." He muttered to himself, continuing with his shuffling of the items in the bag as he waited impatiently.

Bambi Maddox
Sep 10th, 2005, 11:54:53 PM
ooc: Dhak, we were all lingering around that general area, Bambi in particular was watching you, Cirr and Zabian from the entrance.

So, it was a matter of waiting. Hopefully the captain of this rocket would show up soon and they could get going.

Lamar took to rootling through his things again as Cirr got busy looking circuits over.

Bambi smoked.

Standing over the cizerack mechanic and watching him hunched forward to work, she wondered what his vice of choice was. Or, if he even had one.

In this galaxy? Sure, he had one.

"You play cards?" she asked the back of his head.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Sep 20th, 2005, 08:30:36 PM
"Badly."

Cirr pulled a bundle of wires free from an interface jack, and eyed the plugs with suspicion.

"The Captajin's morre the carrd playerr than jI am. Guess jit's tough to bluff wjith earrs that move."

He sucked on the tip of his finger, moistening it with saliva before tapping it on a blue wire. An audible pop of discharging electricity nipped at the fingertip, and caused him to wince at the expected response.

"Okay, so that's not the prroblem." He said aloud, mostly to himself.

James Prent
Sep 21st, 2005, 06:05:20 PM
We reached the Layla at the same time as our delivered crates from Micah's. I banged on the hull, stiff-arming Daani away from me while keeping her held tightly and away from everyone else. "Cirr! I can't bring all this stuff in by m'self!"

Daani relaxed as she heard her big brother inside the ship, but I still kept a firm grip on her. I waited for a few moments, and then banged again. "I'm goin' t' let Daani loose in the crates to help..."

I looked at Daani, who grinned back at me. "Okay, take the foodstuffs to the galley. I'll grab the fluid from Micah. No no no -" I steered her away from the box of mice and directed her towards the canned items. "These ones."

We entered the hold, both laden down with groceries and supplies.

Lamar Starworth
Oct 9th, 2005, 12:21:41 PM
Lamar had taken a walk. A ship wasn't a forgein device, at least not to him, but this one was different. It wasn't in the finest shape, but it was well worth a ride through the galaxy. The Stormtrooper training had shifted his mindset, for the most part, away from the ideals of coziness so the worry of the rough enviroment didn't matter much to him.

Not much could surprise him after the training he went through and the betrayl of what was his best friend. Everything seemed bland in that sense. Excitement always linked to surprise and going without one destroyed the whole sense of glee that came with living.

If only he knew that surprises would come in small doses throughout this trip.

Bumping, unknowingly, into a grocery-holding gal he fell to his back immeditately. Lamar's eyes had been scaving the walls beside him, fully focused on detailing the complex. Every point and place would likely be of worth having some information about, especially since it wouldn't be the easiest trip with all these other people interested in getting off the pile of crap.

Yet what he didn't expect was another person. Banging against the ground, he glanced up in shock. Finally something he edidn't expect happened, but it didn't feel as good as he expected. An ache rode it's way through his spine until his sensories went haywire at the couple of adrenaline and surprise overwhelmed him. Calming himself, he muttered out a sentence as he struggled back to his feet with one hand on the back of his throbbing head.

"Who-- the frack are you?"

James Prent
Oct 9th, 2005, 03:51:38 PM
I let out a sound of frustration as a tall dark skinned kid bumped into Daani and knocked canned food every which way. Daani yelped as one landed on her foot, and the stranger proceeded to swear at her. I stepped between them, glaring up at the man. "Who the frell are you? I'd watch where I was goin' if I were you!

"Cirr!" I yelled as loudly as I could, and tried to remember what Sanis had told me to do in situations like this. My arms were full of the much needed fluids for the Layla, so I was in no position to pull my vibroblade from its sheath.

Lamar Starworth
Oct 9th, 2005, 10:04:59 PM
"Frell!"

Lamar's hand flew like a blaster bolt from his side to James mouth within the moment of her scream. A muffled bellow called out as the young, caramel skinned boy peered angrily into the small woman's eyes. There wasn't much to be said, at least vocally, but the demeanor spoke for itself. In the air came a strong tension, the grip of Lamar's hand becoming tighter as he leaned in.

"Cirr? He know's I'm here. Now calm down..."

The young man's focus trailed off as he looked back. Even though it was true that he did buy his way on the ship, the Cizerak's loyalty could cause a possible problem if it came down to explaining himself.

Such things as this shouldn't happened to a newly appointed stormtrooper, it just wasn't right. How he hated giving explainations.

"I'm Lamar." He finally said, jerking his hand back from her mouth. "And you are?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Oct 14th, 2005, 09:10:38 PM
"Qujit yourr hollerrjing, jI'm comjing alrready!"

The felinoid unceremoniously excused himself from Bambi's pleasant company, heading toward the cargo bay and the exit. He was met by Lamar and James, the former looking awkward and the latter looking hot under the collar, and loaded down with a load of supplies.

"Chjildrren, Chjildrren..."

He stopped sucking on his slightly-numb finger, and gave Lamar a look suggesting he should get his passenger-related affairs in order. Back to James, he eyed her parcels.

"Djid you get jit all?"

He began liberating the heavier items from her, peering in bags as he did so.

James Prent
Oct 14th, 2005, 09:39:35 PM
My eyes were wide as the man pulled his hand away from my mouth just before Cirr came into sight. I felt shaken, like I'd just been put in my place by someone I didn't even know.

The big Cizerack took some of the things from me, and I said, "Uh... yeah, I got it all. Good deal, too. That guy Victer show up yet? He helped me get a good price on the parts."

Daani ran back with her arms empty for more items, and I absently helped her load up again. "Um, I'll be in the galley. When Sanis shows up, tell him I want to talk to him." I gave the dark skinned man a wary look, and disappeared into the ship.

I stopped at the 'fresher and peeked into the mirror. There were fading pink marks on my face where he'd held my mouth closed.

Sanis Prent
Oct 14th, 2005, 10:00:49 PM
Well... the cap'n had stones, you could say that for him at least. And, though Akrabbim hadn't seen a gun like that before, with the way Sanis was brandishing it, it must pack a heck of a whallop.

Korrgogg, on the other hand, had never been the intelligent type. More the ridiculously strong, moronic type. He simply cocks his head sideways, obviously confused. People rarely tried to talk to him. Especially not when he's carrying a tree bigger than just about anyone on this mudball. He grunts something in a language Akrabbim doesn't understand, but he can guess that it did not translate to anything near, "Hi, how can I help you?"

I arched a brow.

"I don't know your tongue, but the tone is something short of civil."

Then, something funny happened.

The little guy started growing...bigger. And bigger. And bigger still. A foot tall, three, ten. The pip-squeak soon towered over myself and the old man. Suddenly I started to figure out the bounty size. Something of a rigged game.

I pulled the trigger, as any self-respecting man would do, and my shell did less to the gigantic Korrgogg as a mosquito would do to me.

Maybe not. It did make him mad. He began to bound toward me and the old man.

"Okay old man. Ideas are welcome!"

Akrabbim
Oct 18th, 2005, 02:18:30 PM
Akrabbim eyes the situation, and can't help but sigh in frustration. Though he wasn't aware of Korgogg's growth ability, he knew that there had to be some reason for the little man's high bounty. Now, all he has to do is save Sanis without giving his secrets away...

Run, ya durned fool! Back to yer ship!

As Sanis was already doing this, he needed little additional prodding. With Sanis' back turned, he is free to cast his illusions about. He first blinds the beast, filling his eyes with an overwhelming white light. He allows the blindness toi clear quickly, following it with an illusion of Sanis and himself rushing the other direction into the woods. He keeps the true versions, however, invisible for the moment. As the brute lumbers off through the woods in search of phantoms, Akrabbim turns tail and rushes after Sanis.

Sanis Prent
Oct 18th, 2005, 06:50:20 PM
"I'm running! I'm running!"

Just when it seemed like the brute was on top of us, he barreled off in almost the opposite direction.

"What?...Huh?!"

I managed a few words through rapid breaths, dropping to my knees as I looked back.

"Yeah thats right you better run!" I yelled, standing back up and shaking my shellgun in the air.

The old man seemed nonplussed, or at least less plussed than me. Wasn't even really breathing hard.

"Ok, when were you going to tell me about that?!?"

Akrabbim
Oct 19th, 2005, 02:54:06 PM
Akrabbim's hand flies up to smack Sanis across the back of the head.

What part of "jump him QUICK" didn't you understand? You shoulda shot 'im. You young people... never listen to yer elders...

He starts wandering off toward the ship.

We'd better git... don't know how long it'll take 'im to find us. I guess you can forget about that bounty, unless you got something a lot bigger than that pea shooter you're holdin'.

Victer Dejan
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:52:11 PM
Victer ran by, chasing Korgogg. Someone had flushed him, but not the way he wanted to. He still needed to be shook down.

If the big idiot was that easy to find now he was a liability.

"Korgogg!" The mass was chasing something. Victer shot him twice, and got the big guy's attention.

"Hey!" Korgogg regarded the situation as a way to eliminate his debt to Victer.

"Ah, sithspit." Korgogg had never been very good with details, and didn't notice the thermal detonator Victer had tossed skyward. Victer dove under the freak's mass as the detonator cooked off.

Unforunately, he forgot how much Korgogg weighed, and was now pinned beneath the remains.

Lamar Starworth
Nov 24th, 2005, 11:34:11 AM
"Can't win them all."

Lamar let the thought escape his lips. It had to be said, at least for him, to conclude the whole ordeal. Quickly shifting on his heel, he headed the opposite way. Hopefully later the two could have a better resolution or relationship, but now his mind was elsewhere. The pilot hadn't come back yet, and though he was taught to be patient he wasn't in the least. Very small things always managed to get to him, and patience for something as small as a flight was annoying.

Before the stand in Stormtrooper armor there was always a way off a planet for him. Even though his old, crappy designed ship wasn't worth much on the market it managed. There similiarties in the quality of the two ships, but what was different was the time. It felt like a million years since he had arrived at the ship's door and nothing could lull that feeling.

Trying to no avail, he fumbled with his own trickets, hoping to pass the time. Such activities were dull, leaving his mind to roam. The young Imperial trooper's mind restetd on a abnormal topic.

Jedi...