PDA

View Full Version : Dark water

Sudoku
Jul 13th, 2005, 09:25:10 PM
Yet another Japanese Remake, hooray.

You expect scares that don't happen. The acting is good, the story is like The Ring Revisited, and I really don't think I'm going to waste $8 on a movie ticket for another remake film.

They did have a trailer for the next big thing from the Creator of The Ring, "Skeleton Key", but most of the scary parts are probably in the trailer :|

Darth McBain
Jul 13th, 2005, 09:50:09 PM
I think this will probably be pretty good, but I have to say I'm getting a little tired of the whole Japanese-Horror-Remake idiom that's swept Hollywood. Oh well, what else do we expect - when something makes money, Hollywood will run it into the ground...

Sudoku
Jul 13th, 2005, 10:01:29 PM
^ Exactly.

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't scary. Everyone hyped up The Ring, and I when I watched it, I could call everything that was going to happen. It's not scary when you know when the "horror" is going to happen. The Grudge USA was a bit better because of the more coherent storyline, but it wasn't scary either. Plus, both had women screaming and being afraid where Jennifer Connelly is scared, but she at least fights back, just a little. She's not a sobbing mess for half the film.

The last scary movie I saw was an actual Asian Horror film called "Shutter". The story was interesting, with twists that you couldn't see coming. Most of the remakes have the same things present in each one - single parent, child who sees the supernatural, and lots and lots of water :|

JMK
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:06:03 AM
I don't plan on seeing Dark Water, but given that I hated The Ring 1 & 2 and despised The Grudge, I can't imagine that I'd like Dark Water at all.

Drake Shadowstalker
Jul 28th, 2005, 10:04:24 PM
What a dreadful movie, my God. I'd have to be paid a considerable amount of money to sit through this piece of crap again.

Tear
Jul 29th, 2005, 12:10:07 AM
I wouldnt say it was bad. The acting was good and the story was a typical japanese twist sort of story. It's definitly a renter though, something for a day when you dont want to see a scary movie but one thats more spooky then anything.

I enjoyed it but it left me depressed. The story did not the movie:p