PDA

View Full Version : Mindless Completist like me? Then you have to call Disney

Jedieb
Jul 12th, 2005, 06:21:10 PM
If you're a sick and twisted completist like me then the Star Tours figures are a part of your collection. Disney has the next wave of these at their theme parks. They're on OTC style cards this time around.

3t-RNE
G3-5LE
MSE-IT

Disney will sell these over the phone. With shipping 3 figures comes out to over $40. Anyone interested in finishing off a set of these should call 407-363-6200.

JMK
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:29:50 AM
Do they know no limits??? I can't keep up anymore! Ugh! :x

JMK
Jul 13th, 2005, 11:38:57 AM
No sooner do I post that, I discover this:

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=103988

The onslaught on our wallets continues!

Jedieb
Jul 13th, 2005, 05:32:58 PM
If you spend sometime around the collecting forums you know that these last few days have been pretty unkind to collectors. That Wedge figure you linked to is a prime example. That's not a new Wedge. It's the same damn one we got years ago with the first Falcon carrying case. Over the last few days most of the new stuff we've seen has been anything but "new." It's been one previously seen figure after another. That's great if you're dealing with clones and you want to build your army, but when you're talking about guys like Wedge, who deserve new sculpts, it gets to be a bit too much. And we're seeing it over and over. Once Hasbro has their big day at ComicCon you'll start to see images hit the sites. You'll see more new packaging than new figures and that's not a good thing.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:09:50 AM
At one point I'm just going to have to close the book on SW collecting en masse. I think I'll try to finish the RotS line of 3 3/4", and maybe a few other things here or there, but I gotta put an end to special order figures and dedicating hundreds of dollars to entire lines of figures. It's just too much and I can't justify having the same character 8 times in different types of packaging.

Jedieb
Jul 14th, 2005, 07:10:07 PM
Pics of the last 12 ROTS figures are out. I think it's going out in style. Some new wookies, some more Clones, you should be happy. But I think a lot of people are going to be jumping ship in 06.