PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm....maybe...

Trevor D'ran
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:59:19 AM
I've thought about joining the Rebel Allaince for awhile, as I've never played this type of character and thought it would be interesting to try. Here is just a little background about my character:

Name: Trevor D'ran
Planet of Origin: Dantooine

History:
Trevor was what many considered a true farmboy. His family was very unfortunate in the ways of money, but they owned a small farm in the outback of the tranquil planet. Since they didn't have the most modern of machinery, Trevor's father taught him how to live off of the land. D'ran learned how to grow his own food, but more importantly, he learned how to hunt and track animals for food. Usually armed with nothing more than a canteen of water and an old and outdated blaster rilfe, Trevor went out into the woods and savannahs, often returning with more than enough meat for his family to eat off of. What was left from the food was taken to the towns and used to barter or sell. This is how Trevor quickly became popular among the locals. His hunting skills were known and respected on the small planet. Soon he even offered to take tourists on small hunting tris should they desire it, though it wasn't a very profitable business.

When the Galactic Civil War began, Trevor was to young to join, but he did find his way into it eventually. The Rebels made an outpost off of the planet and Trevor supplied them with what he could offer in ways of food. Before he was old enough to join however, the outpost was abandoned. He promised he would join as soon as he had enough money to get him off planet, but it wasn't until the end of the war that he was able to. Now he hopes to join the Rebel Alliance and help maintain the peace.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 12th, 2005, 06:55:38 PM
Sounds good, dude. I really like how you've managed to establish vital military skills (sharpshooting, wilderness survival) through events that took place in your past, and how you developed and profited off of them. Likewise, your reasoning for joining the Rebel Alliance is realistic, and shows that you've had a modicum of contact with our forces that inspired you to join. Furthermore, you curried favor by giving us food. :)

I'd be glad to have you in the Alliance. I'd assume that, given your skills, you'd like to join either the Army or our Special Forces? I don't know if we currently have anybody roleplaying our Army units, but we do have another recruit for SpecOps, so there's the possibility that we could get a true team going. There are also a few people currently working in Intel, if you'd like to be a Spook, although I think we're trying to shift Intel's image away from assassinations and the like, so you might not have much to do in that division...whatever you'd like, however, is fine. :D

Trevor D'ran
Jul 12th, 2005, 08:30:37 PM
Hm...well seeing as how there isn't much of an army yet, I supposed joining the SpecOps would be just as nice, not to mention since you are trying to get a team together. And quoting a Star Wars hero of mine: "People smarter than me came up with the plan so it has to work."

So in short just send me where you need me.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 14th, 2005, 08:34:57 PM
Let's see. I'd liase with Arthur Phellan to set up an initial RP for the two of you, but you're also welcome to come up with your own roleplays at the moment to develop your character. I'm thinking of designating you a Sergeant in SpecOps, with tags attached to your military database indicating that you specialize in Precision Weaponry (read: Sniper gear) and wilderness survival techniques.

When (if) the Army starts to grow, I'm sure that we can work something out to transfer you into it if you'd like. :)

Trevor D'ran
Jul 14th, 2005, 09:59:13 PM
Definitely. I thought I might give this a try seeing as how I am in the military, I just wanted to see how my writing would react to that. And I wouldn't mind doing an thread or two to build the character. IS there a list of planets that we would have some ground work on?

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 28th, 2005, 08:47:59 AM
Hmmm, to tell you the truth, there are many. Almost the entire galaxy ended up involved in the Galactic Civil War, and there are hundreds of millions of planets. The Bothan colony on Kothlis, for instance, was occupied by the Empire following their recovery of the Death Star II plans, so that would definitely be a good place to start: liberating the homeworlds of our allies.

Kothlis would have all kinds of combat: urban, aerial, grasslands...