PDA

View Full Version : Ego's

Danni Reyok
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:59:21 PM
I have always wondered why guys have such huge ego's...it just drives me crazy!!o_O

Baralai Lotus
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:17:40 PM
Not all guys have huge ego's! I'm a guy and I don't have a huge ego. . .it was warn down by years of people destroying it. . .that and I just like being me. . .I try to be humble.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:18:32 PM
Eh?

Karl Valten
Jul 9th, 2005, 05:22:57 PM
Interesting...why do i get stuck with the cocky guys...

O shoot this is my brothers account...this is suppose to be Danni Reyok:p

General Ceel
Jul 9th, 2005, 09:11:16 PM
apparently hot chicks like guys with big ego's, otherwise geeks like myself (and half the internet) would see more action.

Cat Terrist
Jul 9th, 2005, 09:47:05 PM
Originally posted by Danni Reyok
I have always wondered why guys have such huge ego's...it just drives me crazy!!o_O

What?

apparently hot chicks like guys with big ego's, otherwise geeks like myself (and half the internet) would see more action.

It's called going outside and meeting people.

Danni Reyok
Jul 10th, 2005, 07:51:31 AM
I agree with Cat over here, just go and meet people

Droo
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:22:02 AM
egos*

otherwise, ego is what exactly? don't keep us in suspense! :eek

Danni Reyok
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:38:14 AM
The exaggerated sense of self-importance

Khendon Sevon
Jul 10th, 2005, 08:51:21 AM
Everyone has an ego. It's to go along with the Id and superego ;)

But serious, not all guys have huge egos. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that men and women have relatively an equal dispersal of those that are egomaniacs and those that are the extreme polar opposite.

Cat Terrist
Jul 10th, 2005, 10:02:16 AM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
Everyone has an ego. It's to go along with the Id and superego ;)

But serious, not all guys have huge egos. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that men and women have relatively an equal dispersal of those that are egomaniacs and those that are the extreme polar opposite.

End thread because that's the truth. Men and women have egos some more extreme than others but also men and women have different ways of expressing themselves - in many ways both sexes fail to understand what the other is on about.

Here's a bit of inside info tho - women often dont want to understand men, thinking they can change them to what they want so why should they try, while men often just dont care because it's too hard to try to comphrend as women arent as logical, being more emotional in makeup.

The exaggerated sense of self-importance

:rolleyes No, it isnt. Everyone needs an ego, it's how you control and project it that can potentially be a problem. Ego is an expression of self outwards and inwards, the lack of ego can be just as harmful as excessive.

Also, a fact can be seen in the wrong way as blaoated ego. As an example, it's a fact none of you can drive a car as fast as I can. Is that self bloated ego or stating a fact? It's bloated ego if I cant back it up. It is a fact however because I can back it. if I said bluntly you suck at driving and I know cause I'm better than you are, thats seen as ego, but in many ways it wouldnt be. If I said I was a race driver and raced a hell of a lot and worked on cars all the time - but presented that well and without belittling others, thats still the same facts, but it's viewed differently.

How others see us all comes down to communication and how you present yourself. This is a skill females learn earlier than males so especially young males can come off badly, when what the issue is, is a lack of communication skills. Men often never learn these skills too. Of course some women never do either, often depends on the social settings.

Tear
Jul 10th, 2005, 01:33:07 PM
Just call him....Dr.Phil

Danni Reyok
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:19:51 PM
I'll make sure to keep that in mind

Droo
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:56:40 PM
/rcon discussion_status "smackdown biznitch"

Razielle Alastor
Jul 10th, 2005, 06:14:48 PM
Originally posted by Droo

otherwise, ego is what exactly? :eek

Silly Droo! They are roundish, with square shaped griddle patterns and you throw them in a toaster, then apply maple syrup.. :rolleyes

Oh! not eggo's? :p

I think an over abundance of "self importance" shouldn't be confused with ego. You can have an ego, without being a jerk. Too much of one thing usually denotes a lack in something else, you think? :lol

Grev Drasen
Jul 15th, 2005, 06:00:52 PM
All men are exactly alike.

Kraehe Branwen
Jul 15th, 2005, 07:38:56 PM
Its the testosterone(sp?). It makes their common sense die. It's also the reason why women can easily manipulate them to do what they want. >.>

Droo
Jul 15th, 2005, 08:13:37 PM
Personally, I think that's utter rot. All men are not exactly alike and women cannot manipulate all men to do what they want. That sort of thinking is as ancient and barbarian as thinking it is acceptable to club a woman over the head, drag her back to your cave and shove her behind a stove.

I can't abide the way so many women think that they have some sort of power over men. If this sort of nonsense carries on, I swear you will see the birth of the ultimate anti-feminist in me and I will bring back the glory days of man when women were meant to just look pretty and take care of the kids. Now, back to the kitchen, you stroppy militant feminist uber-dykes! :verymad

Kraehe Branwen
Jul 15th, 2005, 08:31:32 PM
*bats eyelashes and plays with a piece of Droo's hair* Can you get me a sod-ah? *puts out bottom lip*

Pierce Tondry
Jul 15th, 2005, 09:03:41 PM
This is the part where someone shakes a soda can and sprays it in Zatty's face.

Grev Drasen
Jul 15th, 2005, 10:19:03 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
All men are exactly alike.
This was sarcasm.

Charley
Jul 15th, 2005, 11:58:27 PM
If I seem like I have an excessive ego then you are probably underestimating me.

Also, women are double-speaking Jezebels and are too wrapped up in their own psychobabble to understand themselves, much less anybody else.

So while you try to apply qualitative analysis to things best left in the quantitative realm, I'm going to make myself a sandwich.

Daiquiri
Jul 16th, 2005, 01:05:55 AM
^ :p

Darth Viscera
Jul 16th, 2005, 03:36:58 AM
Originally posted by Zatania Duvall
Its the testosterone(sp?). It makes their common sense die. It's also the reason why women can easily manipulate them to do what they want. >.>

thankfully females are possessed of no such mood-altering hormones

Marceloi
Jul 16th, 2005, 06:08:42 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
thankfully females are possessed of no such mood-altering hormones

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:iceburn:

Kraehe Branwen
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:13:53 AM
Oh we are... Just once a month. But we're more of a danger to men then ourselves. :p *gets shotgun* Now who wants to tell me i didnt put enough salt in the mashed potatoes?!?!

Marceloi
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:26:00 AM
This i where I normally grab a frying pan and go mental.

Danni Reyok
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:31:45 AM
Interesting...

Charley
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:53:30 AM
Oh we are... Just once a month. But we're more of a danger to men then ourselves. :p *gets shotgun* Now who wants to tell me i didnt put enough salt in the mashed potatoes?!?!

Me and my better shotgun.

Kraehe Branwen
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:57:46 AM
Don't fall asleep then. >.>

Figrin D'an
Jul 16th, 2005, 08:59:47 AM
This thread needs more cowbell.

http://www.thegjo.com/cowbell-snl.jpg

Charley
Jul 16th, 2005, 09:00:54 AM
Don't fall asleep then. >.>

I sleep with a loaded P32 under my pillow. I'm ok.

Kraehe Branwen
Jul 16th, 2005, 09:47:43 AM
Almost thought you said PS# for a second... Was gonna ask "how the heck did you get that!?" lol

*poisons Charley's coffee with sedatives*