JMK
Jul 7th, 2005, 06:01:46 AM
More suspected terrorist activity in a major city:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/london.tube/index.html

Will the terrorists never learn?

Stay safe fellow Londoners.

Joseph Tristen
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:20:39 AM
I'm sure as hell not leaving the house today - I live in London. Tomorrow I was heading into London, and it scares the crud out of me that that could have been me and my friends on one of those trains.

Likewise.. Hope anyone near this is safe.

Cat Terrist
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:13:06 AM
I'm rather glad my brother didnt end up going to London like he was supposed to.

I think I'll use another id for a few days, this one is in bad taste right now.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:23:26 AM
:( This is terrible.

Nayala Palain
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:44:49 AM
This is sick and horrid. I pray for everyones Safty in London and the rest of England. I and rather pleased to see you all here so far... kinda like our little engish roll call.

Its painful to see and watch once more,even though its not my country.. I have great respect for the british... My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Daiquiri
Jul 7th, 2005, 08:58:10 AM
Stay safe, ancestors of mine!! :hug

Theyre cowardly bastards now just as before, always hiding and sneaking around...like rats :shakefist

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2005, 09:07:38 AM
London was in such high spirits too, with getting the Olympic bid. I can't imagine what the atmosphere must be like there now. Use of the Underground is a necessity for so many people... fear and paranoia must be rife.

Nayala Palain
Jul 7th, 2005, 09:11:43 AM
Yes the day after the English go the 2012 olympics... and the day the G8 summit started.

Horrid losers..... They will all suffer either now or when the Troops find them.

CMJ
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:06:37 AM
I expect the British will take this in stride. They went around buisness as usual while the IRA was in full force(not to mention WWII).

Darth McBain
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:44:32 AM
What the heck is the world coming to... :( My condolences and prayers go out to England.

Clive Solo
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:57:29 AM
sigh...........May God be with those people in London right now.

It's really sad to see the world so f@#)(*# up. What's next?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 7th, 2005, 11:28:19 AM
Terrorists are barbarians that have minds that haven’t adapted to the modern times. They are cowards and fools that don’t realize we live in an era where ideals will survive through terror strikes. By attempting to change a country’s political views with attacks against the populace they only strengthen said country’s resolve against them.

I can only hope that the ones that orchestrated this foul deed are brought to swift justice and an apt judgment is made as to punishment.

Such a horrible day. To everyone in England currently: stay safe, my best wishes.

Ashe Sieris
Jul 7th, 2005, 12:29:05 PM
Hope you all are safe out there. Still trying to find out if my friends that were visiting London and those that live in London are alright. Cant get ahold of one of them which worries me because he is the one that I am most worried about. He lived close to there and rode those trains to and from work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2005, 01:08:50 PM
It's probably a little chaotic around where he lives right now, he's probably fine, just caught up doing other things.

My prayers go out to Londoners, and to England. Heck, to us all.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half."
Sir Winston Churchill

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 7th, 2005, 01:25:28 PM
Originally posted by Ashe Sieris
Hope you all are safe out there. Still trying to find out if my friends that were visiting London and those that live in London are alright. Cant get ahold of one of them which worries me because he is the one that I am most worried about. He lived close to there and rode those trains to and from work.

Try not to worry. The Underground is huge, and only a small number of stations were hit directly.

JMK
Jul 7th, 2005, 01:28:42 PM
A fellow coworker of mine has a brother that lives near the attacks and he can't get a hold of him and is pretty worried. I believe the most likely explanation is that the phones are down in the area.

Joseph Tristen
Jul 7th, 2005, 01:30:08 PM
^ Very true. London is a massive place, and most of it's completely unaffected. =)

edit~ And, yup, most mobile phone networks got screwed up this morning when everyone tried to call everyone to make sure they were okay. Pretty irritating when you're trying to make sure someone's okay..

Darth Viscera
Jul 7th, 2005, 02:43:30 PM
They're saying at least 737 casualties so far. An Al Qaeda derivative group is claiming responsibility. It's looking like another Madrid.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 7th, 2005, 03:17:22 PM
I leave the radio on so I can sleep at night and this was the first thing I heard when I woke up :(

Darth Viscera
Jul 7th, 2005, 03:21:33 PM
They're saying that the US state department will raise the union jack today in solidarity with the U.K.

Mu Satach
Jul 7th, 2005, 04:02:28 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
I leave the radio on so I can sleep at night and this was the first thing I heard when I woke up :(

Same here, I woke up to the report on NPR this morning. I've been fretting about the UK crew all day.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2005, 04:43:32 PM
Sad to see this happen especially after London got the olympics. Hope every one here who knows somebody near this tragedy is safe.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:38:37 PM
737 casualties?! O_o

Last I heard was 37.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:41:20 PM
Casualties includes the wounded.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2005, 11:42:24 PM
I thought casualties meant deceased.

My bad.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 8th, 2005, 12:34:42 AM
To all of my friends in England, stay safe. There are rumors flying around everywhere, but I know you'll all be okay. It must be the Jedi Sense. Since I woke up, I was worried about you guys over in the UK. :(

It was almost unreal reading about this on Google News when I woke up this morning. I'm glad to see that the London transportation grid is expected to be mostly restored by tomorrow. It appears that the terrorists' aim was to distrupt the economic life of London, and it's good that the city seems to be recovering. I never had a doubt that the British would be hardened against this sort of thing.

It just sucks that this had to come the day after Britain pulled the carpet out from under France and took the 2012 Olympics. I'll keep you guys in my heart. Those morons that killed people today are going to pay, one way or another.

Baralai Lotus
Jul 8th, 2005, 12:59:41 AM
My prayers go out to the British, and I pray that we get the terrorist scum that did this. These are the kinds of people that don't deserve to live. God bless England and my prayers go out to the families who lost anyone.

Oriadin
Jul 8th, 2005, 01:59:39 AM
It was the fact that they hit public transportation, knowing it would cause maximum casualties that really upsets me. I just can't imagine what it would have been like, especially if you had been trapped in the underground. Pitch black. Its just horrid.

We have to maintain our daily lives though. Carry on, and not let these scum ruin our way of life.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 8th, 2005, 08:11:05 AM
The Brits as a whole have been dealing with terrorism from mainly the IRA for years now. Attacking the British was a stupid, stupid move.

AmazonBabe
Jul 8th, 2005, 01:12:12 PM
Thinking about those in London, and the UK as a whole. And praying for those affected by this cowardly act.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:35:55 PM
I know he doesn't live anywhere near - but has anyone heard from Dru since yesterday?

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:36:25 PM
Yes I heard from him last night :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:41:13 PM
oh good. :)

Hera
Jul 9th, 2005, 12:46:48 AM
Originally posted by CMJ
I expect the British will take this in stride. They went around buisness as usual while the IRA was in full force(not to mention WWII).

From what I saw on the tv coverage, this was very much the impression I got. Resilient Brits - made me very proud of them.

Nayala Palain
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:37:25 AM
So do they know if the new explosions are part of the old attack?

this so sucks that you all got hit again...

Once more my thoughts and prayiers.

Darth Viscera
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:24:52 AM
4 explosions, only 1 casualty. Maybe the police thwarted the bomber?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:40:02 AM
http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.189635572&par=0

Passengers at Oval station said that there was a small bang on the train there and as soon as it reached the station a man ran up the escalators and out of the station, chased by several people. It is not known if he was caught.

:\

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:36:32 PM
Thankfully it seems that these bombers were retarded.

I hope they catch them soon.