PDA

View Full Version : I wish to sign-up

Arthur Phellan
Jul 6th, 2005, 04:47:25 PM
Exactly as the thread title states. I would like to join the alliance.

Looking at other recruitment threads I realize that some background is appreciated so I'll give you what I've come up with.

Arthur Phellan hails from a backwater planet (yet to be determined) where he was taught to hunt by his father. As a young boy he became extremely adept at handling weapons and showed great ability during hunts, both in terms of stealth and accuracy when shooting.

Drafted into the planetary militia Arthur was given basic training as a soldier, but showed a promise that could not be explored further due to the generally low proficiency of the entire militia.

Now he seeks to join the Rebel Alliance where his full potential can be reached, and then employed in the fight to rid the galaxy of oppressive forces such as the Empire.

It might change a bit, and will probably expand as I think more about it.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 8th, 2005, 12:27:39 AM
Welcome!

We'd be glad to have you in the Rebel Alliance. Your backstory is quite good, and it is open-ended enough to allow for plenty of character development later on. What planet you'd like to be from can be decided later, but there are several websites that maintain a full index of planets in the Star Wars Universe, so it shouldn't be difficult to find one that suits your background.

So, I suppose what I should ask is what you've interested in doing with the Alliance. We have Starfighter Command (I think Rogue Squadron is full up, though, so that might be a bad option), Fleet Operations, Ground Combat, Special Forces, Intel...pretty much anything. If you think of a niche you'd like to fill, please suggest it. We usually guarantee entering recruits any rank up to a low-level officer (Petty Officer, 2nd Lieutenant, etc.), but it's up to you.

Once again, welcome to Home One. I look forward to talking with you. :D

~Lion~

Telan Desaria
Jul 8th, 2005, 02:23:03 PM
And I look forward to killing you.

<<<>>Head of the Imperial Military. Welcome aboard nevertheless

Arthur Phellan
Jul 8th, 2005, 04:34:23 PM
Special Ops would be preferable.

As for rank, low officer is fine. I don't know if you have an established ranking system that I would slide into or if it's somewhat arbitrary. If it's the latter then 2nd or 1st Lt. is fine.

Drin Kizael
Jul 8th, 2005, 05:08:32 PM
Originally posted by Arthur Phellan
Special Ops would be preferable.

Talk to Spada. By the time we get around to recruiting and getting him fully on-board, he'll most likely be Army, too.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 9th, 2005, 11:30:48 PM
Excellent. As one of our first inductees into the Alliance to Restore the Republic Special Operations Command (AlliSpecOpCom), you've been granted the rank of 2nd Lieutenant. Although I'm not certain, you may be the only current member of SpecOps, although I think that Jenny has a character set up with Intel.

For RP purposes, I'd like to know a couple of things.

Where would you like to be based?: You could be based from a specific planet, or we could set up you and your squad aboard a starship.
What would you like to command?: I'm thinking that a 2nd Lieutenant would be granted command over a squad- or platoon-sized Special Ops team, with access to various amounts of equipment. I also assume that you'd have the ability to request support from other parts of the Rebellion; for instance, an orbital strike from fleet elements, or a company of Army troopers to support your assault.

Once again, welcome to the Rebel Alliance, and you should definitely ask any of us if you have any questions; we'll be happy to answer them. As Drin said, Spada may join the Army, so you'll be able to liase with him on missions once he joins. :)

PS: Don't mind Telan. He's a gentle, murdering soul at heart. ^_^;

Telan Desaria
Jul 10th, 2005, 07:30:44 AM
The thing with Special Ops: the have a considerable reputation as do most elite units and as such a lieutenant in a commando unit is the equal to any Major of Battalion. A Lieutenant, provided he has the appropriate authorization codes, could in theory - and in practise quite usually - commandeer a small vessel for his purposes.

---For the new member, I am a former officer in the German Army and something of our resident militarist. Any questions you have I am more than willing to answer. I often pop in here and help out for the sheer sportsmanship of it.

Arthur Phellan
Jul 10th, 2005, 11:16:50 AM
I think a squad would be more then enough. Since I gather that I am the only real character the rest of a small group that I would command would be NPC characters, and the fewer of those I have to worry about the better.

As for where to be based. I guess my question is whether or not a ship would be dedicated specifically for my team or whther it's something that would fall into the fleet? And when I say a ship, I'm talking something small like a modified Corvette.

And thanks to all for the welcome. And we'll see what happens when me and Telan meet in battle. :smokin

Telan Desaria
Jul 10th, 2005, 03:17:25 PM
Chances are, unless you rise to command a ship of the line you will not - unless you are tasked with eliminating me in which case you will see what an Academy unarmed combat champion can do.

And tyhat is only because Khendon HAS no honour

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 10th, 2005, 04:15:48 PM
:wave welcome to the Alliance

although I think that Jenny has a character set up with Intel.

Yes, there are a small number of us (about 3 or 4, with some others in the process of being recruited) in Rebel Intelligence right now :)

Telan Desaria
Jul 11th, 2005, 12:08:13 PM
Let us not spark this debate again. I haved served in actual combat situations - you have not. Do not deny honour - without it the 20 July 1944 would never have happened. With more of it, perhaps Amerika would be in a better position than it is today. The discussion on this topic is now closed.

Winston Churchill once said: If you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite. Chivalry is a concept as old as warfare and those who march into it thinking of slaughter will do so. Those who march to the sound of the guns with only the purest ideals of nationalism honour duty dignity and glory in their heads will do great things and though they may kill they will never kill dishonourably.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 12th, 2005, 03:20:59 PM
okay stop now .. this is NOT the place to debate this... this is a recruitment thread, not a debate about military issues. If it persists... I will close it myself

my apologies arthur.

Lion El' Jonson
Jul 12th, 2005, 06:46:48 PM
Yeah, please guys. I'd hate to have my recruitment thread hijacked, so I can imagine how Arthur is feeling. Sorry about that; we take military history quite seriously around here. ^_^;

Telan is quite right, you have quite a bit of authority given your position. I'm thinking of stationing you aboard a fairly large vessel; either a Nebulon-B Frigate or a Mon Calamari Cruiser attached to one of our Admirals' fleets. As circumstances necessitate a smaller vessel (Modified Corvette, Disguised Freighter), we'll rotate you and your squad onto that ship, but you will recieve your preliminary mission briefings aboard one of the larger vessels, usually from a high-ranking officer.

Of course, as Telan has pointed out, you have sufficient authority to take command of small Alliance vessels (Starfighters, Small Freighters, perhaps even small Capital Starships) if your mission necessitates it. For instance, before you begin a mission, you may be provided with information on Rebel Forces likely to be in the area (for various reasons, ranging from personnel on shore leave to undercover ops), and you will have the authority to "press" these personnel and/or their equipment into your temporary service if it is vital to your mission. :)

Khendon Sevon
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:24:28 PM
I apologize, you’re completely correct. Arthur, I’m sorry. I’ll delete my posts.

Arthur Phellan
Jul 12th, 2005, 07:29:48 PM
No problem about the hijacking. I can understand and respect the passion in which everyone seems to speak about military history.

As for my character, I asked about the ship as I wasn't sure whether I wanted to base him on a ship or a planet, as both have advantages.

But after consideration I think it would be best to have it on board a ship, especially since in many cases a mission would require the use of a larger vessel to move the team before them being dispatched in a smaller vessel. So might as well as remove one of the steps.

Sren Frvoskit
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:00:43 PM
I am new here and have no idea what to do can someone here please help me :huh

Sren Frvoskit
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:06:54 PM
anyone?

Sren Frvoskit
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:07:57 PM
oh nevermind

Arthur Phellan
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:15:33 PM
You need to have more patience. At least more then 10 minutes. It's unusual to get a response that quickly unless it just happens that people are on and looking.

If you are still interested, then I suggest making your own recruitment thread if you are interested in joining the alliance. Once you do that someone will post when they see it. One thing I have noticed about the alliance members is that they don't let posts sit very long (and by that I mean less then a day).

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:18:59 PM
Originally posted by Arthur Phellan
One thing I have noticed about the alliance members is that they don't let posts sit very long (and by that I mean less then a day).

Unless, of course, they go AWOL as I tend to do. ^_^;

Sren, please post your own thread if you wish to be recruited into the Alliance. You're new here, so no harm done. :)

I'm Lion El' Jonson, the current head of the Alliance on SWFans.net. Welcome to Fans. :D

Arthur Phellan
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:22:56 PM
Well yes AWOL if a problem. Especially when the MPs start knocking on your door.

But there are enough of us that someone generally will answer. We may not be able to officially accept them as a member, but the thread would be answered.

Lion El' Jonson
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:34:27 PM
Definitely, Arthur. Any Alliance member should feel free to greet potential recruits, and even to initiate discussions on what branch they're interested in, etc.

It appears that Mr. Sren is online, so we'll see if he decides to come back to the light. :lol