PDA

View Full Version : London for Olympics then!

Oriadin
Jul 6th, 2005, 05:54:55 AM
Excellent news for the country I think. Hmm, wonder how you go about getting tickets....

JMK
Jul 6th, 2005, 06:59:24 AM
I hope there's a solid plan in place. Ask anyone who's had the Olympics in their city before and they'll tell you that they were ecstatic to get them, but then less than impressed with the amount of cost overruns, the rising tax bills and the actual crowding of the city during the olympics.

That being said, congrats to London. I watched the announcement this morning before leaving for work. In the days leading up to the annoucement I was sure Paris was going to get it, but as things played out, and New York etc. were eliminated, I started to get the feeling that London would sneak past Paris to win the bid.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:01:17 AM
I'm shocked. Still, good to hear that we finally managed it :)

I would hate to be in London when the games are going on, though. It's busy enough as it is without the droves that the Olympics will draw in.

Cat Terrist
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:01:42 AM
Yes I can tell you all what a PITA an Olympics is. But.... man what a party we had when in typical Aussie style, we didnt put out the rings on the Bridge we blew the bastards up!

Oriadin
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:09:43 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I would hate to be in London when the games are going on, though. It's busy enough as it is without the droves that the Olympics will draw in.

I have to agree with that. London is one of those places that is great to visit, but id never like to live there. Still, id love to go to the olympics at least once.

Yog
Jul 6th, 2005, 07:38:46 AM
Thats great news. Just a quick flight trip from Oslo :)

Daiquiri
Jul 6th, 2005, 08:03:25 AM
Originally posted by Oriadin
I have to agree with that. London is one of those places that is great to visit, but id never like to live there. Still, id love to go to the olympics at least once.

Maybe by that time I'll be rich and be able to make the trip :mischief

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 6th, 2005, 10:43:06 AM
What year?

Yog
Jul 6th, 2005, 10:54:20 AM

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 6th, 2005, 10:55:07 AM
Oh, well, plenty of time to plan a trip then. ;)

Dark Lord Rivin
Jul 6th, 2005, 06:36:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to the 2010 Olympics in Vancover, BC. It's close enough that I could do a day trip to see things and still be home be dinner. AND it's not my home city getting all the expences that go with them.

Though I'm really glad to hear that London got them too!

Nayala Palain
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:52:51 AM
quick flight trip from Oslo

Nice, I should really go back and see where my family is from....*ponders such actions....*